Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LMS spotify app + Spotify Protocol Handler -> No playlists!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The LMS spotify app + Spotify Protocol Handler -> No playlists!

I've recently had to wait really, really, REALLY long for my playlists in Spotify to show up on my Squeezeboxes using the old Triode plugin. I researched a bit, and found that I should now preferably use the Spotify Protocol Handler instead of Triodes original plugins (as it's no longer maintained).

Yes! Playlists loading time is practically non-existend any more!
    BUT! Now the plugin can't find any playlists.

I'm trying to schedule a playlist in an event, no playlists show up. See the attached log and pictures.
    I select player, then spotify and nothing shows up.
    Attached Files
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Let me install the protocol handler and check this out. It will take me a few days to look into this.

Comment

Great!

I've always loved Triode's plugin, but I have to say that the Protocol Handler works great and much faster than the old discontinued plugin.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

If you open the Plugin player page, select Spotify (top left combobox), do you see any entries in the library list box below?

I installed the protocol handler and I see below in the player page. This web page uses the media APIs and same internal APIs to retrieve the library. I have not checked HSTouch yet; trying this a first step.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          If you open the Plugin player page, select Spotify (top left combobox), do you see any entries in the library list box below?
          Yes I see what you see.
          But the Spotify playlist option is blank in the Events. And I have a hard time just "selecting" a playlist using the Play element option.

I installed the protocol handler and I see below in the player page. This web page uses the media APIs and same internal APIs to retrieve the library. I have not checked HSTouch yet; trying this a first step.
          ... but that's good news. Right?

I've also tried the "Play Library Entry" for the event, but half of the times, it just times out and the other half I'm not actually able to select the playlist, because the UI just opens the playlist and then track if I click on it.
          Last edited by Moskus; February 27, 2017, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks and wanted to ensure we have the results from the top level. The navigation to details is a bit different and I am making changes to the plugin to support the navigation starting with the plugin player web page. Going well so far and should improve navigation for other apps & radio (not original Triode Spotify or pandora LMS plugins).

The issue with HSTouch will be (as before) that the navigation depth is much greater that three and each navigation to details might include a mixture of folders (not a media), playlists, or media entries (can play it) but can still navigate to details (see LMS navigation in Spotify for examples). We discussed (with HST) requests and made proposals to support arbitrary tree navigation either in the HS3 music API or as a generic dynamically changing listbox style device status/graphics pairs, but never materialized. Gave up over the years; we will see what I can (maybe) come up this time, but bet will be a unfortunate compromise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not that worried about HStouch, but I can understand if you are.

I just want to play a Spotify playlist.

Comment

Thanks and that helps. I have the navigation in the player web page working much better. I need to make similar updates for the media browsing for event setup + more testing before releasing.

Comment

Great!
                  If you need anything, please let me know.

Comment

Try version 3.1.4.12 in the updater. I added support for the Spotify protocol handler in the media selection in actions and the plugin player page. You should be able to select paylists (action to play playlists) or other Spotify entries (action to play an action by browsing the Spotify media library).

Comment

Hmmm... I installed the new version and now the plugin refuses to connect to LMS.
                      Trying a restart now.

EDIT: Restart solved the problem.

Everything seems to be working great. All Spotify playlists show up and are playable.
                      Last edited by Moskus; March 15, 2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Great. For clarification, did you have to restart the plugin or HS3? I typically disable/stop a plugin before updating any. Ran into issues with HS3's update wrokflow otherwise.

Comment

Great. For clarification, did you have to restart the plugin or HS3? I typically disable/stop a plugin before updating any. Ran into issues with HS3's update wrokflow otherwise.
                          I didn't disable the plugin before update, I guess that was my big mistake. But when that mistake was done, I had to restart HS3.

Oh well, all is good now. I actually feel the plugin is using less CPU load than before (not that it ever was high!). Or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                          X