Insteon vx ZWave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon vx ZWave

I have numerous Insteon switches. Eventually for whatever reason they fail and Insteon support keeps saying replace them they are too old.

But wondering if it would be better to replace with ZWave switches.

The one thing, other than the Insteon not working, is that the app has to go to the internet and back to control lights unless I use homeseer. That bugs me.

ZWave on the other hand, the initial linking is a pain if its not close to the Hometroller.

Any thoughts? What would you add Zwave or Insteon?

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
    I have numerous Insteon switches. Eventually for whatever reason they fail and Insteon support keeps saying replace them they are too old.

But wondering if it would be better to replace with ZWave switches.

The one thing, other than the Insteon not working, is that the app has to go to the internet and back to control lights unless I use homeseer. That bugs me.

ZWave on the other hand, the initial linking is a pain if its not close to the Hometroller.

Any thoughts? What would you add Zwave or Insteon?
    Get the new homeseer switches, you don't need to be 5 feet away from the controller. Plus the double/triple tap is awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
      Get the new homeseer switches, you don't need to be 5 feet away from the controller. Plus the double/triple tap is awesome

Those are the ZWave switches, right?

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
        Those are the ZWave switches, right?
        Yup! I believe it was changed with zwave+ that you don't have to be right next to your controller anymore

Comment

Working...
        X