New to HS3 - Camera question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other ideas Spud?

Is there a log file someplace that might yield some info?

Comment

Originally posted by gwichman View Post
      Any other ideas Spud?

They may have broke something in a recent update of the iOS app.
      what version of the iOS app do you run?

I will try to reproduce the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        They may have broke something in a recent update of the iOS app.
        what version of the iOS app do you run?

I will try to reproduce the problem.
        looks like v3.0.8

Comment

Spud,

I had perfectly working cameras until I patched my server and updated Android.
          Normally, I wouldn't do both but the update on my phone kept popping up so I finally gave in before I thought I'd have to test Imperihome. Any other patches to my system didn't impact it.

So the scoop is that my current configured cameras (of almost 1.5 years) worked without issue. However, now, the current camera comes up with a frozen image from Friday and complains with "Error updating Garage Cam". If I clicked the frozen image, I could get to the camera and watch it real time. So it worked but only when I clicked it.
          I decided to remove the camera and try to re-add. Now, I still get the same error "Error updating Garage Cam" but with no option to watch the live feed.

Before, I had two cameras on the same screen within Imperihome which would update both without having to click the image to get to the real-time view further (Even though I was enjoying real-time on the screen with both anyway).
          I don't know where or how to troubleshoot this. Do you have any ideas?

Btw, I've rebuilt the cache on my HS machine and restarted the PI numerous times.

Any ideas in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Any other ideas Spud?

I have been able to reproduce the problem with a simple camera without any user/password. So, I confirmed that cameras configured from the plugin do not work at all on iOS but work fine on Android.
            I reported the problem to IH support, I will let you know when I have some news.

thanks

Comment

woohoo! thanks spud! you're awesome

Comment

Hey Spud did you ever get a response from Imperihome on this?

Comment

Hey Spud did you ever get a response from Imperihome on this?
                  No. I just sent them another email.

Comment

Thanks for your work on this and on staying on top of them Spud! Let us know if we can help you make noise with them to get it fixed!

Comment

IH support answered me that they couldn't reproduce the problem and asked me to test with "Connection mode" set to "Forced local". That's what I did and indeed it works.

Then I switched back to "Connection mode" = "Automatic", but I copied my snapshot and stream local url to the remote url fields in the Config page, like in the screenshot below, and that works ok now even in Automatic mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camera_test.png
Views:	1
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	1195974

Could you try that and let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Happy to try - dumb question, where do I set connection mode? (It's been a few months since I played with this)

Comment

Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
                          Happy to try - dumb question, where do I set connection mode? (It's been a few months since I played with this)
                          in the IH iOS app, it's in the config screen for your HS3 object

Comment

Got it. Tried what you said. Changing to forced local works. (Yay!).

But when I switch back to automatic it goes back to the same problem. (Boo )

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              in the IH iOS app, it's in the config screen for your HS3 object
                              Local works for me if i'm at home on my wifi (i.e. if i'm local).

The problem is when i turn wifi off (phone is then connecting through cellular network). Then it all stops working regardless of IOS app settings (auto / local / remote). If I have IOS app set to auto or remote, I get either a "the request timed out" on my static image (the image on the button) or a "error while reading mpeg stream. the network connect was lost" when i click the static image (the device button) and try to load it.

Comment

How is your camera setup in the config page of the plugin? Please post a screenshot.

Comment

Working...
                                X