X10 commands over Ethernet to Arduino? [Not supported]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 commands over Ethernet to Arduino? [Not supported]

Last edited by mfisher; April 17, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Originally posted by Bugman1400 View Post
    I guess I’m stuck between the Arduino plugin and the X10 plugin. I have an Arduino Uno w/ an Ethernet shield, terminal board, and TW523 device. I was able to use the Arduino X10 libraries and hard coded a sketch (Blink sketch) to send On/Off commands to my X10 devices. Now, I would like to use a similar Blink program to send the On/Off commands over Ethernet via HS3.
    What will receive the commands?
    X10 commands have to be translated by a PIM before being transmitted on the power line. Is it your intention to send the commands by Ethernet to your TW523 using the Uno X10 library as the translator?
    Why?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I would like to send the X10 commands over Ethernet to my Arduino. The Arduino is already connected to my XTB-IIR. The current Blink sketch in the Arduino will be replaced so, I can send other commands instead of just the On/Off.
      Last edited by Bugman1400; February 18, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but neither the X10 plugin nor CM15a plugin support sending/receiving X10 data over ethernet to/from an Arduino.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
        X