This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for X10 incl. RR501

Before I buy the plugin, I just want to sure it supports the RR501. I know X10 triggers were added last year (yeah!) however I can't find a lot of details on what devices are supported. I'm assuming X10 is pretty generic so as long as the PLM is getting the signal, which mine is, the plugin can use that as a trigger within an event.

Thanks

Originally posted by nmaycher View Post
    Before I buy the plugin, I just want to sure it supports the RR501. I know X10 triggers were added last year (yeah!) however I can't find a lot of details on what devices are supported. I'm assuming X10 is pretty generic so as long as the PLM is getting the signal, which mine is, the plugin can use that as a trigger within an event.

Thanks
    The plugin supports x10; you will need to create the x10 devices from the hs3 dev mgmt page via the Insteon X10 tab and give it an appropriate x10 address. There is no specific x10 device support; its all about sending and transmitting x10 cmds.

the most specific x10 feature the plugin supports is direct dimming vs standard x10 dimming. this option can be set on the Insteon tab for the x10 device. It applies to Smarthome x10 switches, and others like it.

The RR501 is an infrastructure device so there is no direct control of it from the plugin. As long as the insteon plm sees the x10 cmds, you should be fine.

x10 triggers are avail and working based on feedback from users.

You must enable X10 on the plugin config page. other than that, everything x10 is configured on the hs3 dev mgmt pages.

feedback is always welcome if you find any issues.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X