This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    The support of RGB lights is still on the roadmap, but there is lot of different RGB lights and a lot of different plugins controlling them, so it is not that easy to create something that will work for most of them.
    I updated the first post of this thread to show what is on the roadmap
    Thanks for the update, It's no secret I'm looking forward too the RGBW control. let us know if we need to start a poll or help out in anyway.

Comment

The support of RGB lights is still on the roadmap, but there is lot of different RGB lights and a lot of different plugins controlling them, so it is not that easy to create something that will work for most of them.

For your McsSprinkler devices, I don't know what you expect from me? From what I understand from the screenshot you posted they should already appear as On/Off devices in Imperihome because they have the ControlUse On/Off, the only problem is their status which use a different value and string, so in this case you can add an additional generic sensor string device for their status, you would have 2 devices in imperihome (On/Off for the controls, and Generic sensor for the status) that represent one HS device but I think this is the best we can do.

Thanks for the update. For the sprinklers I was hoping for a single device somehow for control and show status.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
        Thanks for the update. For the sprinklers I was hoping for a single device somehow for control and show status.
        Your problem is Imperihome only supports certain devices. Spud can point your Homeseer data to the devices ImperiHome Supports but can not create a magical device in imperihome that does specify what you need it to do. Imperihome is generic and supports generic type of devices. It works for many different controllers and has a generic API which is what we are using to make the connection. You will need to create different devices to make up everything for that one plugin you use in homeseer.

With Imperihome dashboards you make your own layout but putting several devices on one page to equal control of all your sprinklers. And since Imperihome don't support Sprinklers you may even have to make some virtual devcies with some logic on the Homeseer side to get it into a layout you want in Imperihome.

Comment

I agree with both of you, perhaps we should ask Michael, the author of that plug in why he is using a different device status instead of 0 and 100. I hope he sees this post and reply to it, otherwise we should use his post to ask this question. I personally hate to create another device and event when I can use that device to turn it on and off.

Comment

Great plug in.

One feature request, is it possible to get the current wattage for switches, appliance and dimmer modules below the icon in the dashboard (like the examples that show up when you add a widget)

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
              Great plug in.
              Just to echo that comment...this is a GREAT PLUGIN!

Thank you Spud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                Great plug in.

One feature request, is it possible to get the current wattage for switches, appliance and dimmer modules below the icon in the dashboard (like the examples that show up when you add a widget)
                The API allow to pass a wattage value for On/Off devices and dimmers, but the plugin can't guess where to find this value, so I have first to let you configure this manually from the config page. It's added to my TODO list but not my top priority at the moment.

Comment

The API allow to pass a wattage value for On/Off devices and dimmers, but the plugin can't guess where to find this value, so I have first to let you configure this manually from the config page. It's added to my TODO list but not my top priority at the moment.
                  Some devices have this built in, will you have the option to select a device to send in the value instead of setting the value manually? (Not sure I would use it, but others might)

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    Some devices have this built in, will you have the option to select a device to send in the value instead of setting the value manually? (Not sure I would use it, but others might)
                    I'm not familiar at all with the Energy API so I may be wrong, but I think what is recorded in the Energy database is a consumption value (kWH) not a wattage (Watts) so I don't think I can retrieve the wattage value directly from the Energy db.

Comment

I'm not familiar at all with the Energy API so I may be wrong, but I think what is recorded in the Energy database is a consumption value (kWH) not a wattage (Watts) so I don't think I can retrieve the wattage value directly from the Energy db.
                      I was more talking about devices that have build in energy monitoring and display have devices for those values. For instance, this is a microswitch in my front yard (attached).
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was more talking about devices that have build in energy monitoring and display have devices for those values. For instance, this is a microswitch in my front yard (attached).
                        That's all find and dandy but as you can see that info is in a specific child device and i think this goes back to what spud said already.

So I think we need to leave this as a request and spud can add a drop down for us to point to that info/child if its possible. He needs to connect the dots so to speak.

Comment

I like this idea, I would guess that this would be a request for the imperihome folks. The feature request would be to combine a sensor and a switch such that the sensor displays in the switch widget-either directly , or after a long press.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                            I like this idea, I would guess that this would be a request for the imperihome folks. The feature request would be to combine a sensor and a switch such that the sensor displays in the switch widget-either directly , or after a long press.
                            I think your miss understanding....... if you add a switch right now in imperihome you get a list of options or types of switches to add if you look at their list of poctures there they already have this option your talking about. Spud has also said imperihome api supports this in the post your qouted. So we do not need to wait or contact imperihome home at all. Spud said he will add it to the todo list. Sit back and relax.

Edit: I added pictures to show what imperihome already has available for andriod.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              I think your miss understanding....... if you add a switch right now in imperihome you get a list of options or types of switches to add if you look at their list of poctures there they already have this option your talking about. Spud has also said imperihome api supports this in the post your qouted. So we do not need to wait or contact imperihome home at all. Spud said he will add it to the todo list. Sit back and relax.

Edit: I added pictures to show what imperihome already has available for andriod.
                              Dang--this thing is moving fast. Imperihome + spud + HS = awesome!

Comment

iOS is still missing a proper thermostat control with both heating and cooling controls. In Testflight, the newest beta is supposed to improve the thermostat, but I am not seeing anything new. I am not sure how Imperihome has come so far while missing such a basic thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X