This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater Fails

I am using 2.0.2041.0 and the updater has stopped working.

When I click on the updater button I get this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application. <hr color="silver" size="1" width="100%">

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

<table bgcolor="#ffffcc" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td><code>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code> </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Stack Trace:

<table bgcolor="#ffffcc" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td><code></code>

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock..cctor() +44

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception.]
    System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock.GetLock(Boolean& gotLock) +0
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompi led() +111

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception.]
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilatio nException() +58
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompi led() +523
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetGlobalAsaxTypeInterna l() +10
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication() +17
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init() +119
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureInited() +50
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(Htt pContext context) +70
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequ est wr) +211
    </pre></td></tr></tbody></table>
    <hr color="silver" size="1" width="100%"> Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I suspect .net, but am not sure what is happening.

Any suggestions?

Bill
    <!-- [NullReferenceException]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock..cctor() [TypeInitializationException]: The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception. at System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock.GetLock(Boolean& gotLock) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompi led() [HttpException]: The type initializer for 'System.Web.Compilation.CompilationLock' threw an exception. at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilatio nException() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompi led() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetGlobalAsaxTypeInterna l() at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication() at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init() at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureInited() at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(Htt pContext context) at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequ est wr) -->

Bill,
    Did you try out one of the newer 2.1 betas and roll back?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No, I haven't tried any of the 2.1 betas.

Are you suggesting I do that or suggesting that may be the problem?

Bill

Comment

No there was a problem if a user loaded one of the 2.1.x beats and then rolled back to a 2.0.x install. I would suggest looking at the KB articles on the HomeSeer home page under support. One of them shows how to reinstall .net which may be corrupt.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, I installed 2.1 and now the updater works.

So, I am not sure what happened.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X