What are you using for iR these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you using for iR these days?

OK so I bought some new stuff at christmas for the media room and forgot what a pain it is to learn the ir codes for the USB-UIRT. I wired an output to a xantech network and everthing works great, until it's time to learn more codes. So, I think it's time to move on since my BD player can't be learned by the UIRT (I think it's the highr freq.).

So is there anything else out there that learns codes easy, and also works well (Fas response)?

I see HS doesn't carry bitwise anylonger? How is the IRTrans? Or is there something else?
    -Skybolt

Check out the Global Cache units.
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Infrared-C47.aspx

I know a few users are using this hardware and Ultra Jones has written a new plugin for it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was trying to put a custom set of stuff together to do my ir. As that has not happened, lemme know if you are dumping your USB-UIRT.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

After frustration with the USBUIRT, I install an IrTrans and have been happy with it.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

The ADI Ocelot has always been rock solid for me.

Comment

Yep - I give up with the USB-UIRT!

Soooo - now I think I have narrowed it down to the iRTrans or the Global Cache.

My main concern is the latency when trigered, and the learning ability.
            I think the GC needs a seperate device to learn codes?
            Not sure on the iRTrans.

I had tried an Ocelot a while back, and the latency was an issue for me, almost 2 sec. otherwise I thought it was great.
            -Skybolt

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
              Yep - I give up with the USB-UIRT!

Soooo - now I think I have narrowed it down to the iRTrans or the Global Cache.

My main concern is the latency when trigered, and the learning ability.
              I think the GC needs a seperate device to learn codes?
              Not sure on the iRTrans.

I had tried an Ocelot a while back, and the latency was an issue for me, almost 2 sec. otherwise I thought it was great.
              Was it 2 secs per command? My Ocelot single zone with blasters is less than a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Was it 2 secs per command? My Ocelot single zone with blasters is less than a second.
                Yes, years ago I tried the ocelot, and actually when I posted the issue you steered me to the UIRT - which until now has been an awesome choice.

So you use you ocelot for controling yor media room stuff? And used with HSTouch the response times are good?
                -Skybolt

Comment

Yes, years ago I tried the ocelot, and actually when I posted the issue you steered me to the UIRT - which until now has been an awesome choice.

So you use you ocelot for controling yor media room stuff? And used with HSTouch the response times are good?
                  Yes, well short of a second but I've noticed this process is much faster on my 4 ghz pc than my older set that was running a 2 ghz pc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Yes, well short of a second but I've noticed this process is much faster on my 4 ghz pc than my older set that was running a 2 ghz pc.
                    That would make sense (prob. multi core as well) , since I also tried the ocelot on HS 1.5/6 on a 1ghz machine.

Now I run HS on 2003 R2 with 2.8 P4(well past 5 yrs). I supose I should revisit the ocelot again?
                    -Skybolt

Comment

That would make sense (prob. multi core as well) , since I also tried the ocelot on HS 1.5/6 on a 1ghz machine.

Now I run HS on 2003 R2 with 2.8 P4(well past 5 yrs). I supose I should revisit the ocelot again?
                      Give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Comment

I'm gonna keep my head down, my mouth shut and hope for the best here. So far my USB-UIRT is doing just fine and hasn't come up against any equipment it couldn't learn. Fingers crossed!
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                          I'm gonna keep my head down, my mouth shut and hope for the best here. So far my USB-UIRT is doing just fine and hasn't come up against any equipment it couldn't learn. Fingers crossed!
                          Yeah - this is killing me, I really liked the my USB-UIRT and it worked trouble free for years.
                          I just found my spare backup (new still in the bag), I am going to replace and start over this weekend and see how far I get before I make a switch. I'll post back with the results.
                          -Skybolt

Comment

As far as latency, I have a win-ce panel in my kitchen that remotely connects to a HS server in my basement. When I touch a button on the panel, it sends an IR command remotely to HS that sends the command to the IrTrans that sends the IR burst across the Xantech bus throughout the house to the IR-blasters attached to my TV in the kitchen, and I can see NO delay at all from the time I touch the button on the kitchen panel to the TV turning OFF. Seems instantaneous. Your mileage may vary.

tenholde
                            tenholde

Comment

Hi,

I'm using an Ocelot and SECU16IR for IR control.

My HS server is connected to my lan. On that same lan is connect one of my RS232 server (QSE-100D). My Ocelot is connect to the RS232 server.

I'm sending IR signals from a SECU16IR because I have for 3 zones. One zone is local. A simple IR emitter glued to a receiver. The other 2 zones are connected to 2 Xantech networks. The first one goes to the kitchen and living room. The second one is for my home theater.

When using HSTouch, it's almost instant.

For the moment, I have trouble controling only my XBox 360. I could be an emitter problem or a learning IR one.

Comment

Working...
                              X