Grandstream IP phone system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandstream IP phone system

Anyone used a GRandstream IP phone system? And, if so, does the HSTouch Android client run on their Android 7" touchscreen phone model. If so, looks real intriguing (especially since my phone system at home just dies).

That's a great idea.

On the flipside, you can also buy android tablets (preferably with docks) to use as sip clients. I have some of these for areas without cat5 cabling..

I don't know about the android grandstream phones, I personally use Yealinks and SNOMs.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Also, would like some help on this. certinly some one have did some sort of integration between IP PBX and Homeseer, and grandstream is a hell of an option.

HomeSeer experts please help. (Yes Pete. especially you)

Comment

Here it's been a few years that I tried and was successful using my Joggler touchscreen / Ubuntu to run IP PBX. I never saw much interest in this so didn't pursue it.

The beginnings of testing here were the following

Hardware used:

1 - Joggler tabletop tablet running Ubuntu with Logitech web cam - there is also a DECT radio in the Joggler for use with Avaya (well and Cisco-other telcom companies) for VOIP Kiosks (there are a few in use today in this manner). The VOIP station pieces that didn't utilize the DECT telephones worked fine. Note that the VOIP/PBX software phones work fine in Linux or Windows.

2 - Optionally you could utilize Grandstream VOIP telephones running Android OS today for same sort of endeavor.

3 - integration of Grandstream IP HD cams / SIP (all of mine have this OS today). Note here utilize Grandstream Cams and Grandstream OS camera boards.

Part of this endeavour was a DIY SIP enabled doorbell using a Grandstream OS camera board. (I purchased a few of these as they are tiny).

The end pieces of this endeavour related to integrating Homeseer Touch with PBX telephony.

Note that the attached is Grandstream beta testing software. Easy to update cams using GSurf 2 pro as a firmware server.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; October 25, 2015, 09:01 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

HSTouch on Grandstream Video Phone

I have HSTouch running on the Grandstream video IP Phone (GXV3275) and it works great.

I haven't had a chance to do any further integration yet, but hope to.

Comment

What would be really cool is a wireless ip phone handset running HS Touch (such as the wireless phone in pete's first image). Then you could control your whole house and also accept calls on the one portable device.

Is there such a device using wi-fi ?

The idea of using the Grandstream Android wired phone really interests me, but to pull the trigger I would like a wireless solution.

I know i could use a cell phone with a soft ip phone and hs touch, but that's no fun I would need room to room intercom function hence the hard phones.

The first image in Pete's post, that android looking wireless ip phone on the right, is that self contained, or needs that base station to function?

Comment

The first image in Pete's post, that android looking wireless ip phone on the right, is that self contained, or needs that base station to function?

No; it is a DECT phone. Specifications originally though included video. Openpeak did build another teleco kiosk that included video and sold by Avaya and Cisco. The Avaya devices were installed in a few high end hotels globally and still are being utilized.

The top of the device has a clip attachment for a video camera. I have connected a logitech web cam and it works well with Skype running in Ubuntu.

The two devices also included a Zigbee chip on the motherboard stock builds.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just put one of these 7" android phones next to the bed to replace my old, now not booting, HS android table top units. It's POE powered.

Love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UVP-E.../dp/B00USS4DCA

Last edited by AgileHumor; April 1, 2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

One thing I 'hate' about these desktop IP phones w/ android screens (ubiquiti, grandstream, etc) is that they're still playing catch-up on the software side to their well proven hardware firmware. They're even sometimes still behind a well implemented standalone (Android/IOS) sip apps (csipsimple, zoiper).
                  HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Hi All,
                    Recently purchased a Grandstream GXV3275, wondering if anyone has one doing anything cool! Would be interest to know, looking for ideas.
                    Know this thread has not seen any post in over 2 years so maybe there might be more users out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X