www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 Event Clinic

HS3 Event Clinic Discussions related to the creation of HS3 Automation Events

Old April 10th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Question Using Netcam with email or Pushbullet

My main query is related to deleting or replacing the currentimage.jpg file before taking a snap with Netcam. If I send snaps from 3 different cameras and one camera is off-line, Netcam sends the previous snap again. My guess is that it does not have the smarts to know a camera has a problem. It would be really nice if it generated some sort of offline image instead of showing the wrong image.

Would deleting the currentimage.jpg file help Netcam deal with an off-line camera or possibly overwriting the currentimage.jpg file with your own Offline.jpg image file at the beginning of a Snap sending event?

One other thing is the Netcam View function of the plug-in as I change cameras the larger snap to the upper right of the thumbnails shows the correct camera name but a different cameras image. I am wondering if there is some workaround that can be used to force updating of that snap.

Thanks for any ideas you might have to handle this.

Last edited by Kitar; April 11th, 2017 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Pull out weeds
Old May 7th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

Bump - Anyone experience similar behaviour ?

140 view , no answers. I know Netcam is bad but someone must use it.
Old May 7th, 2017, 03:14 PM
OverSeer

My only suggestion is to try UltraNetCam instead. I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old May 8th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
My only suggestion is to try UltraNetCam instead. I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply Al. The need for Netcam was supposed to be a temporary. I did try Ultra's plug in and thought it was pretty good but I had planned to purchase Blue Iris so I thought the BI plugin might be a better choice. I am hesitating until I can get a fanless hot rod PC that will reside in a structured wiring box. Might be a bit of wishful thinking.