Was there an auto-update? Web access broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there an auto-update? Web access broken

Background - Unable to get ZWave working in my detached garage/workshop, install a separate system using the RPi2, HS3-Pi and a Z-stick. The system just runs events to make sure I power down air compressor, water heater and other tasks. Nothing critical. So rarely check.

Yesterday went to turn something on and the Web interface screwed up. I tried switching browsers, but that didn't work. HS wanted me to enter a new password and I tried. I then tried to do a restart and then a restart. Nothing.

Running headless so before I start moving things around, is there a way for me to get this working from the Web page?
    Attached Files

I have never seen my Homeseer Lite device auto update any part of Homeseer.

Odd about the request for a Homeseer log in. Typically this occurs if you log out of Homeseer.

What version of Homeseer 3 lite are you running, what plugins and what Z-Wave plugin version.

Rich has mentioned that Z-Wave V.44 eats CPU/Memory and has suggested to digress to ZWave V.30.
    Here still using Z-Wave V.44 and running fine with it.

Try this:

1 - ssh to your remote RPi running HS3 lite.
    2 - do a sudo su
    3 - what does df -l show - copy and paste it here - I've attached an example. Note typically here used a 16Gb SD card and just updated to a 32Gb SD card.

Pine64:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root 30G 5.0G 24G 18% /
    devtmpfs 797M 0 797M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 995M 4.0K 995M 1% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 995M 17M 978M 2% /run
    tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
    tmpfs 995M 0 995M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 100M 23M 78M 23% /boot

Optionally if you want install run or install HTOP

apt-get install htop
    run it
    htop

or just run top

tell us what you see.

What do you see?

4 - reboot
    5 - check Homeseer GUI

The messed up browser could be relating to a trashed database or a full SD card on your HS3 lite box.
    Last edited by Pete; October 4, 2017, 12:44 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. It may be a couple of days before I can tear into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        I have never seen my Homeseer Lite device auto update any part of Homeseer.

Odd about the request for a Homeseer log in. Typically this occurs if you log out of Homeseer.

What version of Homeseer 3 lite are you running, what plugins and what Z-Wave plugin version.

Rich has mentioned that Z-Wave V.44 eats CPU/Memory and has suggested to digress to ZWave V.30.
        Here still using Z-Wave V.44 and running fine with it.

Try this:

1 - ssh to your remote RPi running HS3 lite.
        2 - do a sudo su
        3 - what does df -l show - copy and paste it here - I've attached an example. Note typically here used a 16Gb SD card and just updated to a 32Gb SD card.

Pine64:~# df -h
        Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
        /dev/root 30G 5.0G 24G 18% /
        devtmpfs 797M 0 797M 0% /dev
        tmpfs 995M 4.0K 995M 1% /dev/shm
        tmpfs 995M 17M 978M 2% /run
        tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
        tmpfs 995M 0 995M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
        /dev/mmcblk0p1 100M 23M 78M 23% /boot

Optionally if you want install run or install HTOP

apt-get install htop
        run it
        htop

or just run top

tell us what you see.

What do you see?

4 - reboot
        5 - check Homeseer GUI

The messed up browser could be relating to a trashed database or a full SD card on your HS3 lite box.
        Slightly off topic Pete, but got a Pine64+ 1gb delivered today and had it up and running HS3 under Ubuntu Mate in just under two hours. Hard to judge performance against the Raspberry Pi 3 at this stage but the one noticeable difference is the form factor. Not exactly credit card size

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
          Slightly off topic Pete, but got a Pine64+ 1gb delivered today and had it up and running HS3 under Ubuntu Mate in just under two hours. Hard to judge performance against the Raspberry Pi 3 at this stage but the one noticeable difference is the form factor. Not exactly credit card size
          Heh. Yeah, the Pine64 is more like "smartphone" sized
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Peter,

It is the Pine64+ 2Gb machine you wanted. Is that the one you have. You want to install a 64bit OS on it. Thinking Stretch will run in 64 bit mode on it. Not sure on the RAM needed for 64bit mode.

I am thinking that the release version of the Pine64 is now called PINE A64-LTS and is $32.00.

It used to be $29.95 USD.

What is nice too is that you can purchase an eMMC module for it up to 128 Gb.

I do not see a Pine64 1Gb computer on the web site anymore.

The PINE A64 512MB BOARD is $15.00 USD.

The Rock 64 1Gb machine is available for $24.95.
            The Rock 2Gb machine is currently available for $34.95.
            The Rock 64 4Gb machine is not available yet and will be selling for $44.95

The Rock 64 does not come with built in eMMC rather it is an optional module which sells for:

16Gb eMMC ==> $14.95
            32Gb eMMC ==> $20.95
            64Gb eMMC ==> $30.95

I do not think you can run Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit on the Pine64 512Gb machine or Pine64 1Gb machine.

The new Rock64 4Gb machine is even better. I am ordering one of these when it is released. This one is credit card sized and uses the built in 32Gb eMMC or a microSD card. I think with the 64bit / 4Gb Ubuntu build I will be able to run an Oracle Microsoft VB headless to run Microsoft speaker dot exe and SAPI on it as I do today with the HS3 Pro computer running via an iSeries Intel chip.

Here just updated Mono from 4.X to 5.X here on the Homeseer 3 lite Pine64 device and did not lose any events. I am thinking this is an issue only on the SEL with Mono 3.0.28. I had the same issue with the RPi updating from Mono 3.0.28 to Mono 3.12 way long time ago. At that time really wasn't too difficult to replace my events.

Pine64:/HomeSeer# mono -V
            Mono JIT compiler version 5.2.0.224 (tarball Tue Oct 3 21:34:49 UTC 2017)
            Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
            TLS: __thread
            SIGSEGV: normal
            Notifications: epoll
            Architecture: arm64
            Disabled: none
            Misc: softdebug
            LLVM: supported, not enabled.
            GC: sgen (concurrent by default)

Pine64:/HomeSeer# uname -a
            Linux ICS-Pine64 3.10.105-bsp-1.2-ayufan-77 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jul 9 12:09:30 UTC 2017 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Pine64:/HomeSeer# lsb_release -a
            No LSB modules are available.
            Distributor ID: Ubuntu
            Description: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS
            Release: 16.04
            Codename: xenial

Pine 64 - here purchased a clear case from a Spanish guitar maker that designed a case and 3D printed it. It used to be for sale on Amazon. It is more expensive than the typical RPi cases today. I see a reasonably priced clear case now for some $12.99 USD.

[ATTACH]63697[/ATTACH]

Rock 64

[ATTACH]63698[/ATTACH]

Rock64 comparison to RPi.

[ATTACH]63699[/ATTACH]

Here also going to be testing running Ubuntu 64 bit KODI on the Rock 64

Currently using AOpen mini PCs for my KODI boxes. They are small fully functional mini pc's today.

I run these with SSD or notebook drives (1Tb deal I got). I save stuff temporarily on the Kodi boxes to watch.

To save move the stuff over to the NAS boxes. You can now save streams (live TV or streaming media).

I do not really watch TV but like to look at live streaming international TV mostly out of curiosity.
            Last edited by Pete; October 4, 2017, 02:10 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Wow - those Rock64 specs look very nice!
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Heh. Yeah, the Pine64 is more like "smartphone" sized
                I could use an old Galaxy Tab shell for a case so I love the play on the word Pi as in Pi(ne). I think Rock might give them a little more personal identity. I definitely won't be carrying around the Pine in my wallet

Comment

Yes Pete. It's marked as a PA641GB so yes it's the 1gb version. I would have preferred the 2gb version but just wanted to give it a whirl and it's looking good.

I'll sit back and wait to see the progress on the lead times for the Rock. From what I hear it could take quite a while from order to delivery. It certainly appears to be a beast of a machine all wrapped up in the size of a credit card.

i reckon I'll have to wait till the processor cools down before slipping it into the wallet though

Comment

Here am pushing on the Pine64 2Gb machine running:

1 - Homeseer 3 Lite
                    2 - Apache 2
                    3 - mySQL
                    4 - WeeWx *
                    5 - desktop (new as it was only running Ubuntu 16.04 server) - just to test RDP on it - well and local graphics are not good and this is not a machine to run KODI on.

* WeeWx really takes it over the top..just shut down WeeWx as it was hitting the CPU at 100%.

Set up a Homeseer user that has combined a NAS box, Homeseer Box, Media server for Kodi and WeeWx on it. It is doing well but it is using an iSeries / 16Gb of RAM.

Been also playing around a bit with running Domoticz on the Z-wave RPi in the attic. It is really lite and uses mostly LUA on the RPi. (lighter than using Mono on the RPi).

@Barry - apologies for taking your OP off a bit to a tangent...
                    Last edited by Pete; October 4, 2017, 03:46 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Here am pushing on the Pine64 2Gb machine running:

1 - Homeseer 3 Lite
                      2 - Apache 2
                      3 - mySQL
                      4 - WeeWx *
                      5 - desktop (new as it was only running Ubuntu 16.04 server) - just to test RDP on it - well and local graphics are not good and this is not a machine to run KODI on.

* WeeWx really takes it over the top..just shut down WeeWx as it was hitting the CPU at 100%.

Set up a Homeseer user that has combined a NAS box, Homeseer Box, Media server for Kodi and WeeWx on it. It is doing well but it is using an iSeries / 16Gb of RAM.

Been also playing around a bit with running Domoticz on the Z-wave RPi in the attic. It is really lite and uses mostly LUA on the RPi. (lighter than using Mono on the RPi).

@Barry - apologies for taking your OP off a bit to a tangent...
                      We'll keep Barry's thread active till he comes back with the results

Your place must be like Radio Shack Pete

I tried Domoticz on the RPI3 recently. Just set up a little x10 to test it. x10 is not native on it but using the workarounds had it up and running quite quickly. It's something I'd like to have a little closer look at.

The Rock should be an interesting proposition. A classic Christmas toy at this stage for me. Are they shipping to the States at this now. I reckon I will be waiting a little longer for mine than you Pete.

Comment

Wife is very patient here.

There are Joggler (Openpeak) tabletop touchscreens all over the house (literally).

Relating to the Rock 64 they are shipping here except for the 4Gb version. The ram is soldered on to the device.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Wife is very patient here.

There are Joggler (Openpeak) tabletop touchscreens all over the house (literally).

Relating to the Rock 64 they are shipping here except for the 4Gb version. The ram is soldered on to the device.
                          Obviously a "man cave" located somewhere on the premises Pete

Reckon those Rock 4gb boards will be real winter "pocket warmers". I wonder what heat they will give off. Got a price of $45 dollars and, wait for it, $40 to post to my part of the world. Kinda kills the concept of low cost SoC board really. Of course that doesn't include any local taxes and duties at my end.

Comment

Yesterday noticed prices have gone up a bit to ship to the UK.

Well I was shipping two jogglers and 3 UK power supplies and the price was $60 US.

Thinking the price to ship you a Rock64 would be much less....historically here have never paid much more than $20 to ship little things over your way.

So wait...and will order two of them when the time comes...

Just looking at the Domoticz X10 stuff. Initially it was a script that spoke to the Mochad piece. Now it is just a C++ program. So it should be really fast.

I was looking at the source and there is not much to it.

Code:
                            #include "ProtocolX10Test.h"
                            #include "service/ProtocolX10.h"

class ProtocolX10Test::PrivateData {
                            public:
                            	ProtocolX10 *protocol;
                            };

void ProtocolX10Test :: setUp (void) {
                            	d = new PrivateData;
                            	d->protocol = new ProtocolX10();
                            }

void ProtocolX10Test :: tearDown (void) {
                            	delete d->protocol;
                            	delete d;
                            }

void ProtocolX10Test :: decodeDataTest (void) {
                            	CPPUNIT_ASSERT_EQUAL_MESSAGE(
                            		"X10 A1 ON",
                            		std::string("class:command;protocol:x10;model:codeswitch;house:A;unit:1;method:turnon;"),
                            		d->protocol->decodeData(ControllerMessage("protocol:x10;data:0x609F00FF;"))
                            	);
                            	CPPUNIT_ASSERT_EQUAL_MESSAGE(
                            		"X10 E11 OFF",
                            		std::string("class:command;protocol:x10;model:codeswitch;house:E;unit:11;method:turnoff;"),
                            		d->protocol->decodeData(ControllerMessage("protocol:x10;data:0x847B28D7;"))
                            	);
                            }
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

That looks very neat and straightforward. I'll have a closer look at Domoticz when I get a chance. I love how quickly it was to get it up and running without any previous knowledge. It looks quite expandable too.

I'll play the waiting game on the Rock for the moment. The reason I bought the Pine was that I managed to get it for the equivalent of $34 all in.

Comment

Working...
                              X