Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback

It has been a while since BLControl was released.
    I am looking to hear from anyone that has used it and am wondering how it is working for everyone
    TIA
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Nothing???
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

Blade, does BLControl and the Google app only work on HS3? Is there a way to get it working on HS2? Is it on IOS yet?

Comment

No only hs3... ios not started yet

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Blade; January 29, 2014, 10:59 AM.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          No only hs2... ios not started yet

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
          I think HS3 only?

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Yes I made an error. They are HS3 only
            I edited the post
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Greetings!

I found your plugin after a long battle with HSTouch where ultimately I have decided to flip it the bird...ALMOST to the point of scrapping the entire thing and trying to get a refund.

I started out when we got the Insteon Hub. was using the stock Insteon app, which was basic. Listed all the devices and let you control them.
              Then I started trying to get some logic in everything, and ended up just banging my head against the wall with the insteon program. mostly because it only has psudo logic...It says it does, and some of the things seem like logic but it boils down to not much of anything AND it requires my pc be running to work...

So I went looking and ended up with Homeseer 3...seemed decent, didn't notice the $30 pricetag on the insteon module till I already bought the thing but ok...
              then I run into all sorts of problems due to using both HS and the insteon app. apparently your not allowed to do that because they included these BS gremlins mostly from the fact that the modules have no way of recording what created a link, or really much of anything at all...In comes HST...
              when I saw the main screen I literally almost vomited....It's hideous...I might as well go to buy buy baby and pick up one of those baby phones...
              I managed to find the designer, so I started building a custom layout and all seemed good. then I did that thing....you know, tried to USE that screen....
              and they want HOW MUCH?????
              Needless to say I almost got divorced when my wife saw the initial screen...Then even after updating to the custom one, things only half work on it...
              So here I am...I installed the blcontrol plugin, got it connected no problem, still appear to have some issues with particular devices, but at least it seems to work with most of the stuff.

And after seeing a statement in the doc something like 'will work on all your mobile clients' I went looking for the ios client...My wife must have control of a few things, doesn't care to see the other stuff most of the time. But she has an iPhone.

Is there any eta on an ios app? even if it is just one that gives you basic control of devices?

I have 3 android phones, the s3, note 2 and note 3. I am willing to test, fiddle, play with, and use anything in your plugin that you desire. But I do need an ETA on the ios app, which I will also test a little, and she will let me know what problems she runs into so I can report them to you...
              If I can't get an eta I'm afraid I'll have to buy into the only plugin left that has an ios client...

Nathan

Comment

And now it looks as though I'm stuck...Just found out Mobilinc is not yet compatible with HS3...I am regretting buying HS more and more by the day...
                And on top of all of it, they pushed out an update that somehow corrupted my config, Yes I should have had a current backup but no, I only had one from a few days ago so I ended up having to hard reset every device and re-set up everything...And of course once I had already committed to that, I accidentally clicked the original config and it loaded right up except for the errors from missing links...

Comment

I do not have any guaranteed ETA on the ios app.
                  I have not started it yet. I have to write it on my macbook which is old and I hate writing code on a laptop. It is a pain.

I could release it stages (device control, events, etc)
                  It will take time to write as the Android one took me a bit

I will look into what I need to get started this week.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

If there is anything I can do to help, by all means let me know...I haven't really done any iOS programming but I have a little VB, JS, PHP, and a few others, at this point I'm seriously debating just trying to return the entire program. You seem great and the guy that handles the insteon plugin is also awesome, but that can only make up for so much of the finger pointing that homeseer does...I just don't get how they can charge the amount they do and get away with this crap...I looked through some of the things they have replied to people and one of them says 'sliders not working properly' and they explain they set the min to 1000 and max to 1100 yet the slider returns 0-1100 and they initially deemed it 'as designed' and classified it as an ENHANCEMENT??? really? so a program working the way it's manual describes is considered an enhancement??what kind of crack are they smokin?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply,

I have been running BLcontrol form the start and find that it is very useful I mainly use the VR and NFC stuff. it has been very reliable in triggering events far more reliable than HStouch has been on my android. it is also very nice that it interfaces well with the other blade plugins.

This plugin definitely gets a +++ from me
                      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Working...
                      X