Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Install Cooper RF9542-Z Accessory Dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, new surprise. The master and two slaves still communicate happily with each other. However, when I try to control them through HS then I have the same behavior as the original poster, i.e. I can "turn them on" (meaning the orange light comes on). However, only the master actually turns the light on. When I turn the slaves on the lights don't come on. Further, the status of the device (master or slave) does not propagate to the other two switches.

So it seems to me that the associations that I created in HS only work if a MANUALLY go to a switch and turn it on/off. If I control a switch via z-wave/HS then the association does NOTHING. That makes absolutely no sense from any practical point of view but is this what indeed is happening?

If that is the case then it seems I also have to program the dang switches in HS so when I turn one switch on it also sends the status to the other switches (on/off + dimming). So basically I have to do the work twice. Is this how others are doing it, too?

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone tell me if I can use a 2nd master to act as a slave. (IE just cap off the load side and try to associate it with the "master"? I've been searching online and I cant find the accessory dimmer for less than 50 bucks. I have 5 extra master laying around that I haven't tried to tackle a 3-way setup yet. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by ja3hawk View Post
        Sorry to dig up an old thread but can anyone tell me if I can use a 2nd master to act as a slave. (IE just cap off the load side and try to associate it with the "master"? I've been searching online and I cant find the accessory dimmer for less than 50 bucks. I have 5 extra master laying around that I haven't tried to tackle a 3-way setup yet. Thanks in advance!
        I do not believe so. Having said that, if I had issues with any of my Cooper switches / dimmers now, I would just replace them with another brand. Cooper discontinued any work on z-wave a long time ago. Moreover, when it comes to 3-way / 4-way setups, I have several that just will not associate / not seen by controller partially, such as only master works. That is with me having four different controllers in the house, to make each z-wave setup small enough, for better communication.

Comment

Working...
        X