• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPI_SAMPLE.dll problem

Dear All ,

I download the plug-in sample.
    I am using VB.Net 2010 Express.

HSPI_SAMPLE\HSPI_SAMPLE.vbproj , I can compile it and save the output EXE to the HS3 directory , start the HS3, in the startup log , I can see the HS3 can search this plugin. No problem at all.

HSPI_SAMPLE\HSPI_SAMPLE DLL.vbproj , I can compile it without error. But it save HSPI_SAMPLE.dll to the HS3 directory , start the HS3 , it cannot find this plug-in.

Any idea ? I stuck on it for a few days already...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
      Dear All ,

I download the plug-in sample.
      I am using VB.Net 2010 Express.

HSPI_SAMPLE\HSPI_SAMPLE.vbproj , I can compile it and save the output EXE to the HS3 directory , start the HS3, in the startup log , I can see the HS3 can search this plugin. No problem at all.

HSPI_SAMPLE\HSPI_SAMPLE DLL.vbproj , I can compile it without error. But it save HSPI_SAMPLE.dll to the HS3 directory , start the HS3 , it cannot find this plug-in.

Any idea ? I stuck on it for a few days already...

Thanks
      I thought I read somewhere the new plugins for HS3 go into their own folder, with the folder name being the name of the plugin.

Different than HS2 plugins which just go to the HS2 folder.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

hs3 only uses exe plugins no dll plugins

Comment

Originally posted by wetlip View Post
          hs3 only uses exe plugins no dll plugins
          Ar .... i think it should remove the HSPI_SAMPLE DLL.vbproj for misleading.

Comment

Hi
            I can only test in hs3 "hspi sample basic", after compilation.
            The hspi_sample and hspi_sample_basicMI, in hs3 generates an error "com port..."

How can i use them ?

Thanx
            Last edited by pawnies20; April 10, 2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

not compilable

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              [UPDATED 2/19/14]

Here are 3 plug-in samples that show the 3 ways to configure a plugin. One is a standard sample, one is a more basic sample that has simple actions/triggers, and the third shows how to create a multi-instance plugin.

http://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_plugin_samples.zip

10/19/13 Changes:

* Modified multi-instance sample so it supports both single and multiple EXE modes properly
              If I try to compile the plugins I get a lot of errors like
              -Error 35 'AddAjaxHandlerPost' is not a member of 'HSPI_SAMPLE.WebTestPage'. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 93 24 HSPI_SAMPLE
              -Error 80 'clsJQuery' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 311 24 HSPI_SAMPLE
              -Error 32 'divToUpdate' is not a member of 'HSPI_SAMPLE.WebTestPage'. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 54 17 HSPI_SAMPLE

Something wrong?
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pawnies20 View Post
                Hi
                I can only test in hs3 "hspi sample basic", after compilation.
                The hspi_sample and hspi_sample_basicMI, in hs3 generates an error "com port..."

How can i use them ?

Thanx
                Make sure you have the latest version of the samples, and then finish writing the whole error! I cannot track down an error message with only part of it - "com port..." is not going to be found in the code!
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by fabiopascolo View Post
                  If I try to compile the plugins I get a lot of errors like
                  -Error 35 'AddAjaxHandlerPost' is not a member of 'HSPI_SAMPLE.WebTestPage'. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 93 24 HSPI_SAMPLE
                  -Error 80 'clsJQuery' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 311 24 HSPI_SAMPLE
                  -Error 32 'divToUpdate' is not a member of 'HSPI_SAMPLE.WebTestPage'. C:\Users\Fabio.Pascolo.BO-DI\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HSPI_SAMPLE\WebTestPage.vb 54 17 HSPI_SAMPLE

Something wrong?
                  Thank you
                  You have not set your references to the HS3 libraries - HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll, and Scheduler.dll.
                  Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Error message for sample plugin is:
                    **FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Sample Plugin - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

For sample-basic MI
                    **FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Sample-BasicMI - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Thanx

Comment

OK solved with informations in this post!
                      Thanx
                      Last edited by pawnies20; April 16, 2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Exception Raised when GetDeviceEnumerator() is Called from Remote Plugin

When HSPI_Sample is run on a remote PC an exception is raised (Object Reference not set to instance of the object) when the call to hs.GetDeviceEnumerator () is made. It works fine when the same plugin is run on the local HS3 server with 3.0.0.68 installed.

The server is a hometroller and the remote PC is running Windows 8.1 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Make sure you run the HS3 installer on the remote PC as the plugin needs access to many of the HS3 DLL files.

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                          When HSPI_Sample is run on a remote PC an exception is raised (Object Reference not set to instance of the object) when the call to hs.GetDeviceEnumerator () is made. It works fine when the same plugin is run on the local HS3 server with 3.0.0.68 installed.

The server is a hometroller and the remote PC is running Windows 8.1 64bit.

Any help would be appreciated.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have run the installer and all three of the HS3 dlls are referenced:
                            HomeSeerAPI.dll 2/17/14 1.0.2.1
                            HSCF.dll 2/17/14 1.0.0.2
                            Scheduler.dll 2/17/14 3.0.0.0

Comment

Could it be linked to this http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166099 ? Seems to be the right symptoms...

Comment

Should not be, the sample does not use any custom objects. I will load it here and see if I can re-create.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                Could it be linked to this http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166099 ? Seems to be the right symptoms...
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X