***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Me also, i like to now with Wifi ethernet board is supported by the plugin.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Automate_It View Post
      I have one board working great, wonderful plugin, but have a question.
      Has anyone tried one of the Wifi Shields?

I have a greenhouse that is about 100 foot from the house, and didn't want to bury Ethernet cable. I have tested, and can get wifi out there, so i thought it may work. Just not sure if anyone has done it, and what shield you may have used.

Thanks!

-John
      The plugin has no support for Wifi and I dont think I will be adding it as I think the shields are a bit over priced for what they do. You could add it to the .ino version if you want to.
      I am going to test this which has been great on other projects that I have used them with and I will report back when I have. The great thing about something like this is that it is just a serial pass through so there is no changes to the config in the plugin. You would have to change the baud rate of the XRF but that should be it. You can also get a usb version Here which would just mount as a comport.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Thats a good idea. They look like the little xbee pro that I have been tinkering with. Yeah, always thought the wifi was expensive for the chip it was, but was looking for ease of implementation I'll gladly the XRF.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          I am going to test this which has been great on other projects that I have used them with and I will report back when I have. The great thing about something like this is that it is just a serial pass through so there is no changes to the config in the plugin. You would have to change the baud rate of the XRF but that should be it. You can also get a usb version Here which would just mount as a comport.

Greig.
          Good info! Thanks for posting that. First time I've seen the CC1110 in that shape--easy for plugging in.

Anyone know of a distributor in the US? All I'm finding is the one in the UK.

Comment

Hello,

Ok understood, i agree that the Wifi unit is much too expensive,
            The XRF looks promising and a lot cheaper,
            Waiting for the first results.

Ed

Comment

Log error, what didn't I do right?

Hi All,
              I did have trouble understanding the documentation but read it at least six times and thought I had got it right but I would guess not! I have the following in the log.

Jan-31 9:46:20 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
              Jan-31 9:46:17 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
              Jan-31 9:46:17 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM5
              Jan-31 9:46:10 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
              Jan-31 9:46:10 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

This happens with both an API.ino and Homseer.ino, I did have a faulty board which is now disconnected.
              Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as this is my final thing for getting HS3 up and running.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
                Hi All,
                I did have trouble understanding the documentation but read it at least six times and thought I had got it right but I would guess not! I have the following in the log.

Jan-31 9:46:20 AM Arduino Plugin Updating Values on Board No: 1
                Jan-31 9:46:17 AM Arduino Plugin Updating pins on Board No: 1
                Jan-31 9:46:17 AM Arduino Plugin Connected to Board No:1 on COM5
                Jan-31 9:46:10 AM Arduino Plugin Exception in RecievedText: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                Jan-31 9:46:10 AM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.

This happens with both an API.ino and Homseer.ino, I did have a faulty board which is now disconnected.
                Any pearls of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as this is my final thing for getting HS3 up and running.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Sorry you are having problems.
                Looking at the log you posted this is bad data from the boards. Can you enable debug logging using the check box at the top of the plugin page then try and connect to the board again. Then click the link on the plugin page to download the debug log and email it and the .ino file you are using to me by clicking on the (Enigmatheatre) link at the top of the plugin page.

Can I also ask that when we get this fixed that you tell me what part of the documentation you did not understand that is causing the error and I will change it.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Board Connection Status: Connected missin?

I wish to test if the Ar.board looses connection but it seems like I can only select error typed conditions when I create and IF Device has changed in HS.
                  I cannot test if it is connected?
                  Best,
                  Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                    I wish to test if the Ar.board looses connection but it seems like I can only select error typed conditions when I create and IF Device has changed in HS.

Hi Jakob,
                    I'm sorry if I reply with my little English, I hope I have understood your request...
                    Yesterday I was doing some tests, whenever I unplugged my arduino board and then the riplugged it, some lights lit up (or off) and I had an error to the anti flooding sensor (a simple voltage divider I done with resistor and 2 pin cable). This happens because when you restart Arduino, it checks the inputs and sends it to HomeSeer status settings.
                    For example, I have an event that turns on or off a light if an arduino input changes status.
                    Solution (for me!)
                    I have created a virtual device: "Arduino Status".
                    I created an event with two condition:
                    1--- If Arduino board is connected AND the device "Arduino Status" is OFF, then set the device "Arduino Status" ON.
                    2--- If Arduino board is not connected AND the device "Arduino Status" is ON, then set the device "Arduino Status" OFF.
                    This device tells me if Aduino board is connected or not. (It is that you want?)

I use this device for the consent of the other devices/event: all events that depend on the changing status of devices arduino, can not be triggered if the device "Arduino Status" is not ON for at least 5 seconds. This allows me to have no trigger events when Arduino board reconnect to homeseer.
                    (For now, I'm testing the board on HS2... I have some problem to rewrite all my scripts for HS3 now I'm focusing on the hardware).

Comment

Hi Jacob,

I am sure khriss75 is correct but you are also correct in that you should be able to test if the board is connected in an event. I will look in to this and see what I can do.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                        Hi Jacob,

I am sure khriss75 is correct but you are also correct in that you should be able to test if the board is connected in an event. I will look in to this and see what I can do.

Greig.
                        My solution is a "work around" for this issue

Comment

Almost sorted!

Thank you,
                          Greig for your very prompt reply.

I have been fiddling most of the weekend and I seem to have moved on a little, I have now managed to get both boards to connect properly to homeseer without the above errors.
                          I am still having issues with board 1 everthing is OK but then the board shows connection failures. It appears to right itself but I wonder why it is just this board?

In respect of not understanding the documentation, on page 1 it says configure the board including the com port I did not connect the board until
                          page 6. I found out that the board can be plugged in at page 1 just not connected! He Ho it's a learning thing.
                          Once again thanks Greig.

Peter

Comment

Well I think I spoke to soon.

I now have this in the log.

Feb-02 3:49:44 PM Arduino Plugin Disconnected from Board No:1 on COM5 Feb-02 3:49:44 PM Arduino Plugin Error Board: 1 Connection FAILED. Feb-02 3:49:32 PM Z-Wave New Interface: Z-Wave WakeUp Notification Received for Node 16 Feb-02 3:49:13 PM Arduino Plugin Board: 1 has a connection ERROR. Retrying.
                            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Pervez2602 View Post
                              Thank you,
                              Greig for your very prompt reply.

I have been fiddling most of the weekend and I seem to have moved on a little, I have now managed to get both boards to connect properly to homeseer without the above errors.
                              I am still having issues with board 1 everthing is OK but then the board shows connection failures. It appears to right itself but I wonder why it is just this board?

In respect of not understanding the documentation, on page 1 it says configure the board including the com port I did not connect the board until
                              page 6. I found out that the board can be plugged in at page 1 just not connected! He Ho it's a learning thing.
                              Once again thanks Greig.

Peter
                              Peter,
                              The board can be connected at any time after the comport is set. You can add and remove pins with the board connected and the plugin should take care of it.
                              What type of board is it?
                              Is it using a usb hub?
                              Check the usb power settings the port may be sleeping.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Jakob,

Try V1.0.0.16.

V1.0.0.16
                                Added Connected/Disconnected status.
                                Extended trial

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X