New OpenSprinkler Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

Thanks for all you work on this. I LOVE OpenSprinkler and your plugin. One thing I cannot figure out how to accomplish is identify the zones queued up to run. The OpenSprinkler webUI shows the zones queued, but I cannot find a way to identify the zones in the plugin or the OpenSprinkler web API. I would expect /js? to show zone status in more than 0==off, and 1==on.

I'd like to see the zones queued to run so I have the ability to manually remove from the queue, like you can in the web UI. I've created a new icon (brown grass) to represent the queued zones if I can find a way to identify that particular status. For now, I have an "all stop" button that calls /cv?&rsn=1 but that turns everything off.

This is my screen so far. Any guidance is appreciated!
    Attached Files

Comment

Comms Failure

Any reason I'm getting this "Comms Error" for the sprinkler zones.

The zones with Comms error work just fine as does the rest of the statuses?

Comment

AgileHumor,

Try changing the Poll setting. I had a similar problem a while back. My poll setting is now 30 and I haven't had a "Comms Error" since.

Comment

Cows - Yes the plugin does show the queued status. It does this only in the status text, the actual device value does not change. I don't really have much flexibility to work with here as I use the device value to show minutes remaining. I could theoretically use "-2" as queued state but haven't had any need as yet. Can you do what you need using the status text? You may need this as a device value in order to get HSTouch to show the queued status.

In the API, this is in the "ps" section of the /jc call. You need a bit of manipulation to get the data out.

AgileHumour - turn on debug logging and let me know what message you are getting when you see "Comms Error".

Cheers.

Comment

@Matt

I saw the status text and started to use that, but the verbiage is different if the zone is manually run, vs automatically, and even has time in it. I could probably hack something together, but it would not be clean ... not that any of my scripts are since I am not using JSON, but string manipulations on the JSON string. If others ask for this feature I could easily leverage value of -2 to assign my graphic to that value. If no one else needs don't do any extra work for me.

The use case for me is if I want to cancel a queued zone I can do so from HStouch. With your plugin, I am able to click on an icon and stop if is is running, run for a preset time if it is not running, and would love to be able to cancel if queued. I have similar functionality to toggle enable/disable on the controller itself. I can always use the android app or webUI to cancel a queued zone the few time I need to.

@all - I do have some zones I will need to run that there is no way to run wires from the OS controller to the value. In fact I have no common power between sites. I have a wi-fi bridge providing network, so the plan is to use UPB I/O modules to trigger events for zone on/off then trigger the zone via z-wave modules. My hope is I can do this with z-net to give me control of remove outbuildings, AKA barn and well house that are 300+ meters away. If anyone has logic or setup guidance for using UPB or z-wave to trigger zones not physically connected to the sprinkler controller, I'd love to hear them. If not I'll share my lessons learned when I implement.

Comment

having issues on initial setup

Hi,

So I'm totally new to opensprinkler, just installed for first time, using HS3 .199, windows, opensprinkler plugin v 2.1.5.21

Hardware: 2.3, Firmware 2.1.5 (2)

On initial setup of the plugin, when I select "Lets Go" it doesnt create the devices. I get the following in the HS error: Any ideas?

Sep-01 1:28:39 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 1:28:39 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 1:28:39 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 1:28:09 PM OpenSprinkler All zones are off
              Sep-01 1:28:08 PM Insteon Thermostat East T1 Humidity = 72
              Sep-01 1:28:05 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in OpenSprinkler
              Sep-01 1:28:05 PM OS-Plugin Success! OpenSprinkler Plugin Initialised

W Debugging enabled:

Sep-01 2:16:02 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:16:02 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:59 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:59 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:15:59 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Water% Device (re)built with no errors
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Water%
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug History Device (re)built with no errors
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-History
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Status Device (re)built with no errors
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Status
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Rain Delay Device (re)built with no errors
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Delay
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Plugin Error: Failed creating Zone devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug BuildDevices: Root device created
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug DeviceCheck: Creating Device: OS-Root
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Rebuilding Devices
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Password MD5: a6d82bced638de3def1e9bbb4983225c
              Sep-01 2:15:57 PM OS-Debug Firmware version is 215. Plugin valid for 210 to 215+
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to set advanced status - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: jc={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to history device - Index was outside the bounds of the array.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: js={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Status device - Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: rs=0
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain Sensor device - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: uwt=0
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: wl=0
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: jo={"fwv":215}
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Water% device - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to Rain delay device - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: jp={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to program devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: js={"result":2}
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Failed in attempt to write to station devices - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error info: en=0
              Sep-01 2:15:55 PM OS-Debug Error: Root device update failed - Input string was not in a correct format.
              Sep-01 2:15:52 PM OS-Debug Success! INI File read
              Sep-01 2:15:52 PM OS-Debug Device Rebuild Requested
              Sep-01 2:15:35 PM Insteon Did not receive a response from Office Office Halo Lights (07.B4.29). Try #25 failed.
              Sep-01 2:15:31 PM OS-Plugin Debug Logging enabled
              Last edited by kuntakintay; September 1, 2015, 04:04 PM. Reason: additional debugging info
              HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

"result 2" means your password is incorrect (I might make this clearer in next revision). This means the plugin is unable to get the info it needs to build the devices.

Log into your OpenSprinkler through the web interface and double check what the password is.
                Make sure that you have the same thing set in the plugin config page.

If all seems good, try stopping and restarting the plugin rather that just pressing the "lets go" button.

If all this fails, there is an option in Opensprinkler to ignore password - try that.

Let me know if this works.
                Cheers.

PS. What do you mean by firmware 2.1.5 (2)? What's the (2) mean?

Comment

New version 2.1.5.28 based on requests from this forum

Changes:
                  1) Choosing between original Icons and new HS3 Icons can now be done on the config webpage.
                  2) You now have the ability to set a maximum number of stations on the config webpage. If for example you have 32 stations but only use 12, then set this number to 12 and the plugin will only build and update the first 12 stations. You will still need to manually delete any stations you don't want but they won't be re-created once you set this.
                  3) The error log is now clear when the password is incorrect.

Please let me know your feedback, if all is good I will move this to the updater. Let me know of any other useful changes you would like and I may be able to incorporate.

Cheers.
                  Matt.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                    New version 2.1.5.28 based on requests from this forum
                    One very minor issue.

Looks like we missed one file name on the checking of the case. You have "OS_off.png" but the actual filename is "OS_Off.png". We checked the case a few posts up in this thread but this is one that was missed. Double checked again and it looks like all the others are fine.

I can just rename the file for now. But I really like the easy ability switch between icon styles.

Thanks for all your work on this!

Ben

Comment

Looks good. I should update. . The station limitation won't help hide my unused because I have all my stations connected on my expansion panel. Nice idea though.

Comment

New firmware just came out; anyone brave enough to try it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                          New firmware just came out; anyone brave enough to try it yet?
                          I can't, easily, since I have HW v2.1.

From Ray in OpenSprinkler forum:
                          For OpenSprinkler 2.1, this firmware can no longer be uploaded through the USB port, due to the size of the USBasp bootloader. To use this firmware on OpenSprinkler 2.1, you will have to use an external AVR ISP programmer (e.g. USBasp, USBtiny etc.), and upload the firmware through the on-board ISP pin headers. Because this requires advanced technical skills, we have decided to exclude the precompiled firmware for OS 2.1 from the updater program. You can compile the firmware from the source code, and if you need help to upgrade your OpenSprinkler 2.1, please contact us directly.

Comment

I decided to upgrade HW rather than jump through hoops with HW v2.1.

Plug-in seems to work fine so far with new Firm Ware v. 2.1.6

Comment

Anything new in v 2.1.6? Once again the API documentation lags the actual release.

I won't update the plugin unless the new firmware breaks something or there is a cool new feature to expose to HS3.

Cheers.

Comment

No new features, really. It's all listed here:
                                https://opensprinkler.com/forums/top...irmware-2-1-6/

However, this API change should be useful.
                                Added HTTP GET command /ja, which returns the combined JSON data of /jc, /jn, /jp, /js, /jo. This allows the UI/app to get all JSON data with one request instead of 5 separate requests.

Comment

Working...
                                X