Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance this will work on HS2?

Comment

Unfortunately not - the plugin is using some HS3 specific features.

Comment

My Sensor & Homeseer Linux (MAC)

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for the plug-in!!!

I'm new to Homeseer and My sensor and I'm trying to get as much done before my trial version runs out. I have followed the instruction you gave on the plugin for My Sensor but unfortunately, I don't see the gateway on the Manage page. Is there something I'm not doing right.

I've included a snapshot of the HS3 directory and marked in red are the item I've copied into.

My hardware:

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.149 (Linux) on Mac and for the gateway I'm using an Arduino nano loaded with My Sensor serial gateway connected via USB to the Mac.

Can the plug-in work on Home Troller Zee ?

Thanks,
        Jey
        Attached Files

Comment

MySensor & Homeseer Linux

I manage to get the gateway and HS3 to communicate by rebooting both. Now, I'm still trying to figure out sensors and relays.... I don't know if my wireless works. Is there a way to test them and sensors?
          Last edited by jey.lites; February 24, 2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Go to hear that you got it working.

You can test the gateway and nodes (without HomeSeer) by connecting to the serial ports (115200/NL+CR) of the gateway and nodes. The gateway will send a 'startup completed' message when you connect to it. When you power up a node you should see some incoming messages at the serial monitor for the gateway.

HomeTroller Zee - it is not supporting 3rd party plugins to my understanding.

Best regards,
            Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik,

I did as you said and confirmed that the radio is working. My test includes a gateway and a binary switch sensor. I triggered the sensor switch and watched the messages come in on the serial monitor. Prior to that I received a start message from the gateway.

Question on HS3

1) Does HS3 identity sensors & relay nodes automatically or do I need to configure them?

At this point, I only see S_CONTROLLER but no Sensor Nodes.

Thank you.
              Jey

Comment

Hi Henrik,

It looks like every time I reply you I'm discovering something new and making progress. I have got all sensor nodes to communicate with HS3.

I'm going to wait on my next question . Thanks man!

Jey

Comment

What do I need

I have been lurking on this thread for a little while. This looks pretty nice. I think it looks fairly straightforward what to order-though it seems there are lots of options. Would anyone like to put a parts list together to add one lux sensor?

As I understand it there needs to be an arduino with a serial gateway and wireless module connected to the HS machine. Then for each sensor there needs to be a remote arduino with a sensor and wireless module.

Can I put more than one sensor on each remote arduino? Can any sensors be added to the arduino connected to HS?

Thanks for sharing this plugin. Hoping you add a sound level sensor by the time I get up and running.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Any possibility of supporting the humidity sensor? I want to put one in my humidor

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                      Any possibility of supporting the humidity sensor? I want to put one in my humidor
                      It is supported. Eighth on the list in the first post.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                        Can I put more than one sensor on each remote arduino?
                        I have a combined light and barometric sensor Henrik made the .ino for while I was beta testing. :-)

So yes you can put more than one sensor on each.

Regards
                        Morten

Comment

I see a 3 in 1 temp humidity motion sensor described on mysensors.org. Would that work with the plugin? What about sensors on the gateway? Can we use multiple and remote instances of the plugin too? I ask because I have a few low power pc's around the house. I'm thinking of connecting an uno to each with a bunch of sensors and running a remote instance of the plugin.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Anyone played with the different wireless modules (including point to point wifi)? I'd love to use this outside and in the garage, it's by default be weather hardened and I could use battery / solar power

Comment

On the mysensors site they quote 1000 meters for the default wireless option with an antenna. It's in their store. Would you need more than that?

Comment

that would do it, I'll have to start investing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X