Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a Leviton Z-Wave VRC0P connected to their OmniPro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have a Leviton Z-Wave VRC0P connected to their OmniPro?

Just curious whether anyone has the Leviton Z-Wave VRCOP connected to their OmniPro panel?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Yes i do

I still use it for the "critical" z-wave functions.

Its a PITA to program!

Comment

Its a PITA to program!

Well if you make it a secondary controller to a HS ZWave network then you do not have to use the Leviton primary controller to program the VRCOP.

I've had one connected to the OPII panel now for a while but never really used it for much as my lighting is all UPB switches.

I have a test Z-Wave network hooked up to the Zee-2 POE connected device in the attic.

Goofing around I made the Leviton VRCOP a secondary controller to the Zee-2.

Initially I made the Leviton Z-Wave RF controller a secondary controller.

I then tried to replicate the network to the VRCOP (another secondary controller) but that did not work for me.

This allows me to control whatever now from both the Zee-2 and the OmniPro2.

The VRCOP is in the basement next to the OmniPro 2 panel. I moved it to the attic adjacent to the Zee-2 and put it in programming mode and just copied over the Zee-2 Z-Wave network to it. It is working fine right now with all of the Z-Wave test devices I have in place on three floors here including garage and a couple outside right now.

The issue I am having though is seeing the status. If I send out a Z-Wave command via the Zee-2 I see the status of the switch on the OmniPro 2. If I do the same from the OPII to a Z-Wave device I do not see the status of the Z-Wave switch on the Zee-2. (But I am using Z-Wave plus on the Zee-2).

I like that I can control one Z-Wave network from both the OPII and the Zee-2. I do similiar today with X10 and UPB.

With all of the above stuff I think we need to get Rob a Leviton VRCOP.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It is a secondary controller - i can never get the programming to work from HS. I have to delete it from the network and re-add it over and over.

I think in order to get the status to show correctly in the Omni you need to either make sure the z-wave device has its association set to the VRCOP, or, tell the HAI panel to poll the status (through a code block) of that device

Comment

It is a secondary controller

Yes it was a secondary controller here to the Leviton RF Z-Wave primary remote.

It has worked fine for me in this fashion for years now.

I had a Z-Wave network already controlled here by the OmniPro 2 and a test Z-Wave network controlled by the Zee-2.

This last week I made the VRCOP a secondary controller to the Zee-2 Homeseer Z-Wave network using the send network information to another controller.

I reset the VRCOP to scratch to do this and using the Zee-2 Z-Wave stuff I was able to make it a secondary controller to the Zee-2.

I do see the status of a Z-Wave device on the OmniPro 2 when I control it with the Zee-2 Z-Wave plus controller.

Next test will be to connect a regular serial cable to the VRCOP and have it talk to Homeseer 3. I just want to get a visual on what is on the device. I am guessing that I will see a replicate of the Z-Wave network. (well cuz it is working now).

Made up a new cable using RJ11 to a RS-232 connector. Will connect the VRCOP to the HS3 Pro box in the basement via a digi edgeport that I have configured.

The HS3 Z-Wave plugin did not see the VRCOP configured as a generic serial device.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; February 26, 2016, 03:44 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Leviton Z-Wave VRCOP

I previously had the HAI plugin for HS2, now upgraded to HS3 with HAI plugin...with the HAI plugin for HS2 the plugin recognized my Z-wave network ( Leviton Z-Wave VRCOP connected to HAI Panel).

With the HAI plugin for HS3, it does not recognize any of my z-wave lights.

Do I need secondary controller for the z-wave devices to show up in HS3?

Thanks in advance!
            Bill

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Bill.

You should see your Z-Wave devices fine with V3.0.1.17 of the HAI plugin.

I just recently merged my HAI Z-Wave network to my Homeseer Z-Wave network and see all the Z-Wave devices fine in the old HS2 HAI plugin and the new HS3 plugin.

Here made the Leviton Z-Wave VRCOP a secondary controller to the RPi2.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks!

I updated the plugin to the most current version, now I see my z-wave devices! Thanks for you help, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

VRC0P-1LW LED

Hi
                  I have the VRC0P-1LW attached to my OMNIPRO II, all seems to work fine. Does anyone know what the normal operating status is for the LED? Mine seems to flash green, I would think solid green would be normal, but I can't find anything in the literature.
                  Thanks.

Comment

I see it flashing but never really paid attention to it. Typically just go to PCA and turn on and off a device that I can see with the laptop.

Status between Homeseer Z-Wave and HAI Z-Wave is not displayed. IE: if I turn it on with the HAI OP2 I do not see the status change on the device in Homeseer and vice versa.

I paired it bringing the VRCOP next to the Zee with GPIO card. Put the VRCOP in pairing mode and went to HS GUI and told it to replicate the network to the VRCOP.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X