X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta - v3.0.1.21

Changes in this version:
    • On a thermostat mode change from HSTouch, the plugin will request a thermostat update from the panel. This will hopefully address a latency issue in receiving a response back from the panel.

Attached is the plugin and updater_override.txt files. Here's how to install this beta without using the updater:
    • Copy the attached zip file to your Updates3/Zips folder.
    • Copy the attached updater_override.txt file to the HS3 root folder.
    • From the Manage Plugins page, disable the HAI plugin if it is running.
    • Click on Update Listing.
    • You should see the HAI Plugin Beta listed.
    • Select and install the plugin.

**Note - if you are using Linux, make sure you copy the updater_override.txt file and preserve the /r/n line feeds - transfer it in binary and you should be fine.

When the plugin installs and runs for the first time, it will remove the updater_override.txt automatcially.

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Guys. In following Paul's logs, I think we might be seeing a latency issue between HSTouch and the panel. This version only has a single change over the last: it will request an update to the thermostat once mode is selected.

Please test when you have a moment - no rush. If you do run across anything, shoot me your logs and a rundown of what you did.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Guys. In following Paul's logs, I think we might be seeing a latency issue between HSTouch and the panel. This version only has a single change over the last: it will request an update to the thermostat once mode is selected.

Please test when you have a moment - no rush. If you do run across anything, shoot me your logs and a rundown of what you did.
      Unfortunately, same problem for thermo #2 & #3 not updating for me. Thermostat #1 continues to operate perfectly.

You want more logs?

-Paul

Comment

Interesting. Yes send them over when you get a chance. No rush.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting. Yes send them over when you get a chance. No rush.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
          Just sent them via email.

-Paul

Comment

Updated to V.21 last night.

One thing I did notice with V.20 was a lag to update Omnistat variable particularly the cool set point. I didn't measure the time of the updating on the touchscreens.

Hold/off/on/auto worked fine for me via the thermostat API / HSTouchscreen - no lags there.
            Last edited by Pete; July 27, 2016, 12:51 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Updated to V.21 last night.

One thing I did notice with V.20 was a lag to update Omnistat variables particularly the cool set point. I didn't measure the time of the updating on the touchscreens.

Hold/off/on/auto worked fine for me via the thermostat API / HSTouchscreen - no lags there.
              Thanks Pete. I see very quick updates here with a single thermostat. I think it might have something to do with multiple thermostats installed. Paul has 3 installed and his updates are making it back to HS, but delayed.

Comment

It was just the cool set point as I started Homeseer. (changes variables above to variable)

The rest of the control buttons worked instantly as I was watching them via PCA / thermostat / Omnitouch screens.

Do you have your two Omnistat's hooked up?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  It was just the cool set point as I started Homeseer. (changes variables above to variable)

The rest of the control buttons worked instantly as I was watching them via PCA / thermostat / Omnitouch screens.

Do you have your two Omnistat's hooked up?
                  No, just one right now. The second thermostat is in a precarious location. Directly behind the wall is the plenum and I cant get my hand back there to run the omnistat wire. What I'll have to do is pull the existing wire with the omnistat wire and a new thermostat wire and wire both at once.

One of those things that takes a while to do and I havent had a chance lately

Comment

Ahh......
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Guys - we might have stumbled on an HSTouch bug with multiple thermostats.
                      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181949

I only have a single thermostat installed at this time and the stock HSTouch app works fine. When Paul and Travis tried it, only one of their thermostats work and the additional thermostats do not update in HSTouch.

Let me know if that is a correct description of the problem and I'll try to get a bugzilla opened with as much info as possible.

Thanks
                      Rob

Comment

Guys - we might have stumbled on an HSTouch bug with multiple thermostats.
                        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181949

I only have a single thermostat installed at this time and the stock HSTouch app works fine. When Paul and Travis tried it, only one of their thermostats work and the additional thermostats do not update in HSTouch.

Let me know if that is a correct description of the problem and I'll try to get a bugzilla opened with as much info as possible.

Thanks
                        Rob
                        Hey Rob,

Thanks for helping track this down.

I forgot to ask in our email exchange: were you seeing the behavior that the additional thermostats only sent the *first* MODE or FAN change commands to Homeseer in the logs?

-Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
                          Hey Rob,

Thanks for helping track this down.

I forgot to ask in our email exchange: were you seeing the behavior that the additional thermostats only sent the *first* MODE or FAN change commands to Homeseer in the logs?

-Paul
                          Yes, it appears so. This seems to corroborate this being an HSTouch issue.

One thing to try is to remove HSTouch from the test altogether. From the HS Web UI, verify that you can control all 3 of your thermostats. Also, make sure you can change a tstat manually and see it update in the Web UI. This would be a pure test of HS and the plugin.

Comment

Yes, it appears so. This seems to corroborate this being an HSTouch issue.

One thing to try is to remove HSTouch from the test altogether. From the HS Web UI, verify that you can control all 3 of your thermostats. Also, make sure you can change a tstat manually and see it update in the Web UI. This would be a pure test of HS and the plugin.
                            They all work 100% from the HS Web UI. Updates on the thermostats are instantly reflected on the WebUI, and changes on the WebUI instantly update the thermostats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
                              They all work 100% from the HS Web UI. Updates on the thermostats are instantly reflected on the WebUI, and changes on the WebUI instantly update the thermostats.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                              Thanks Paul. Sorry we were chasing a rabbit for a while. I'll get with the guys in that other thread to see if we can get a ticket submitted.

Comment

Working...
                              X