This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
    Thank you for your help. I changed the ini file to represent flags from 73-128 and restarted the plugin. Everything worked fine and my flags showed up.

Thank you for your help.

I do have one other issue with the new plug in. The current temp from my omnistat does not show up anywhere that I can find in the web UI, nor in the HS3touch app.

Dave
    Sounds like it might have been removed. Go to the HAI plugin page, click on the thermostats tab, then remove/re-add the thermostat. Verify that the proper child devices were created. Note that any events related to your thermostat will need to be recreated.

Let me know...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rob,

So voice command is enabled but Echo doesn't see it when I do a discover devices. I thought maybe because the default name was AREA (01) the parens there throwing it off so I tried renaming it to simply "Home Auto" but that didn't work either.

Then I tried your recommendation. I created a virtual device "Night Mode" then created 2 events, one to ARM NIGHT on the HAI and the other to disarm the HAI.

From the Device List of HS I see this virtual device (pretty cool, thanks for the tip, I had no idea this could be so simple.) and Echo did discover it but when I say "Alexa, Night Mode ON" she says "Sorry, I don't know how to help you with that."

Is there somewhere in the virtual device I have to set some properties so Alexa knows what words work with it?

Comment

Did you try, "Alexa, turn on Night Mode" ? That works for me.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
          Did you try, "Alexa, turn on Night Mode" ? That works for me.

-Travis
          No I didn't because when I command lighting I say something like "Alexa, kitchen sink on" so I assumed you had to first say the device then the action.

But yes, "Alexa, turn on night node" works!

So I guess I just don't have enough experience yet understanding how Alexa talks to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
            I had a dead phone line earlier and HS shows the phone item as "TROUBLE". I have since fixed this but HS still shows "TROUBLE". I restarted the HAI plugin just to check and it still hasn't changed.

DealerAccess shows phone as "SECURE"

any idea?
            I noticed that the AC device also appears to be stuck in the TROUBLE state even though there is no current errors on the HAI panel itself.

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
              I noticed that the AC device also appears to be stuck in the TROUBLE state even though there is no current errors on the HAI panel itself.
              Yes, this has plagued me for a while and I think I have it fixed in the next version.

Comment

Hello again, Rob

Any news on updating user codes in the plugin? I'm still on 3.0.1.18 but haven't seen anything in later versions that indicates user codes are functional. Did I miss a memo? I miss lots of memos.

Thanks!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
                  Hello again, Rob

Any news on updating user codes in the plugin? I'm still on 3.0.1.18 but haven't seen anything in later versions that indicates user codes are functional. Did I miss a memo? I miss lots of memos.

Thanks!

Tom
                  The version that is almost ready to release is for writing HS events to trigger based on a user arming/disarming. I also exposed a scripting function to retrieve the user code.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Rob,

Will the new version include an option to write zone events directly to the HS log so it would be easier to troubleshoot issues? I know you said I could review the HAI.LOG file on the controller but I haven't had the time to download the software to connect to the controller and view the log. If these actions went right to the HS log I could view them right through the HS software.

I'm sure you're busy and I'm not sure if you remember my issue but it seems the controller doesn't always see the zone changing state so events don't run. I have an event built that is suppose to turn on the foyer light when the front door is opened. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't so I have to think the HS isn't always hearing the event.

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                      Rob,

Will the new version include an option to write zone events directly to the HS log so it would be easier to troubleshoot issues? I know you said I could review the HAI.LOG file on the controller but I haven't had the time to download the software to connect to the controller and view the log. If these actions went right to the HS log I could view them right through the HS software.

I'm sure you're busy and I'm not sure if you remember my issue but it seems the controller doesn't always see the zone changing state so events don't run. I have an event built that is suppose to turn on the foyer light when the front door is opened. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't so I have to think the HS isn't always hearing the event.

I do remember! I just couldnt replicate it here - it works every time.

Try changing the debug level in the plugin to DEBUG (if it's not already set). It's on one of the tabs in the plugin page. That should log to HS along with the HAI log file. If it doesnt, let me know asap and I'll try to get something in this version asap.

Comment

Rob,

I changed the Logging level in the Configuration tab to DEBUG then restarted the HS controller to make sure everything restarted.

Then I opened and closed some doors and don't see anything new in the HS log (using the View --> Log option while logged into the controller).

Next I visited the Zones tab from the plug in. What I found there was when I opened a door then refreshed the screen the status changed to "NOT READY". When I closed the door then refreshed the screen the status changed to "SECURE".

So it seems that the plug in itself is seeing the status changes from the HAI controller but for some reason the HS is not always seeing the event changes...

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                          Rob,

I changed the Logging level in the Configuration tab to DEBUG then restarted the HS controller to make sure everything restarted.

Then I opened and closed some doors and don't see anything new in the HS log (using the View --> Log option while logged into the controller).

Next I visited the Zones tab from the plug in. What I found there was when I opened a door then refreshed the screen the status changed to "NOT READY". When I closed the door then refreshed the screen the status changed to "SECURE".

So it seems that the plug in itself is seeing the status changes from the HAI controller but for some reason the HS is not always seeing the event changes...
                          ok - send me fresh logs and let me make sure there are no errors when the plugin tries to update HS. It sounds like your panel -> plugin is fine, now I need to make sure plugin -> HS is fine.

Comment

Ok, sorry to ask but again I'm a bit new to HS. How can I export the log(s)?

Is this something I would do using the Windows tool you mentioned?

Sounds like you would like to see the Logs/HAI.log then maybe the HS log itself? I don't see a path mentioned in the HS General tab. Where would that log be and what would the name be?

Comment

Sorry - I meant to put a link in that reply.

Use this link to send me logs:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186423

Comment

So there's a few hundred folders showing when I click Edit to attach the log. What is the path to the log file(s) I should send you?

Comment

Working...
                                X