Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only official countries are supported are Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom, United States (except Puerto Rico). I think if you contact them, they are not going to refuse to help you. However, they may get to a point in the conversation where they say it may not be working because it is not being used in a supported country. I agree that it should mostly work for you. However, there is always a chance there are certain things that they really haven't worked out for Switzerland. It wouldn't seem that home control would be one of them, but I don't know.

Originally posted by Lio View Post
    When you say that my country is "Not Supported by GH", do you mean that they might just not be willing to help? Presumably the device itself remains essentially the same as one from any other country? In actual fact this GH mini is a German model and out of the box, speaks German. But in the setup, presumably because my app is the English language version, it asks me to say Hey Google" - and then reverts to English.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

But the device itself works. I can ask questions, stream music etc. My feeling is that the problem is more on the HS side, perhaps something odd in my configuration or with my MYHS account. Turns out support are there on a Saturday and I have enabled access for them, and await their feedback.

Comment

any update on running events natively?

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        We talked internally and agree this is the best approach. So the changes are done.

A "Voice Command" texbox has been added to the event
        In the options section of an event there is a new checkbox: "Include as Voice Command'

So events will be added as scenes for Google and Alexa. For Alexa, we are not allowed to control locks, security systems, or garage doors. So events with these devices will not be included. I am not aware of any limitation for Google Home, so any event will work.

I will post when the server side is working.
        Hi, any update on the above? Right now, when I try to run the event I get "JSON controldevicebyvalue caused an error: Input string was not in a correct format." error in the log...

Comment

Originally posted by alex131 View Post
          Hi, any update on the above? Right now, when I try to run the event I get "JSON controldevicebyvalue caused an error: Input string was not in a correct format." error in the log...
          Same here. And no feedback from GH that the error occurred...

Comment

I see the problem also, we are working on it. Looks like a problem on the server, so you won't have to update anything once we fix it. Will post when its fixed.

Originally posted by shill View Post
            Same here. And no feedback from GH that the error occurred...
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Looks like it is fixed now No more virtual devices to run events!!! Thanks!

I see the problem also, we are working on it. Looks like a problem on the server, so you won't have to update anything once we fix it. Will post when its fixed.

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that you can now run events from Google Home. If you have an event named "movie time", you can say:

"hey google activate movie time"

Originally posted by alex131 View Post
                Looks like it is fixed now No more virtual devices to run events!!! Thanks!
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I can confirm that you can now run events from Google Home. If you have an event named "movie time", you can say:

"hey google activate movie time"
                  Or better yet, you can create a "routine" in the Google Home app with more natural phrases like "I want to watch a move" (and you can add multiple variations on the activation phrase), and then have that routine "Adjust a scene" then pick the event you want it to run.

The UI for this isn't great, but the user experience is AWESOME once you configure it. Flexible speech, everyone in the family can have their preferred way to say/remember the command, and it can do more than one thing, too, as part of the routine. Plus you can customize the response with the "say something" step.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately, Routines are still not available in Europe ...

Comment

@ jfla

Could you post the working screens, probably will help getting my thermostat working

thanks

jack

Comment

Can you for example do something as follows:

User: ok Google open living room tv

Google: what do you want to watch?

User: Netflix

Can this be done? A secondary command that follows the initial command?

I can do it with Alexa so wondered if it's possible with this as well.

Comment

Hi,

I have recently added Thermostats in Homeseer, I have synced them with Google Home, specifically the new interface that lets you see the temperature, adjust the setpoint, mode. The temperature properly displays for each thermostat with the current mode. When I try to adjust the setpoint of any thermostat which is in Homeseer, it shows the setpoint being adjusted, but the setpoint never physically changes in Homeseer. If I refresh the thermostat in Google Home, it reverts back to the original setpoint in Homeseer.

It's as if the setpoint changes are either not being sent back from Google to Homeseer, or the setpoint changes are not being accepted.

in the log, a warning is shown: JSON controldevicebyvalue ref 0 not found

Comment

Is this still something that is actively maintained? This subforum is rather quiet ...

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                              Is this still something that is actively maintained? This subforum is rather quiet ...
                              I have had several issues with my Homeseer and Google home integration almost since I started using it months ago. The big one is that I can't add all my devices - they all work individually with Google home, but if I enable voice control on too many the accounts won't link (and if I link with only a few devices then enable voice control on the rest bit by bit, it stops allowing me to sync new ddvices).

I have had mixed messages from Homeseer, and things appearing on the forum that other peolpe have been told which I havent been told. Homeseer don't seem interested in helping or troubleshoot these issues. Google have been no better. Each seems to blame the other. It's pretty frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post

I have had several issues with my Homeseer and Google home integration almost since I started using it months ago. The big one is that I can't add all my devices - they all work individually with Google home, but if I enable voice control on too many the accounts won't link (and if I link with only a few devices then enable voice control on the rest bit by bit, it stops allowing me to sync new ddvices).

I have had mixed messages from Homeseer, and things appearing on the forum that other peolpe have been told which I havent been told. Homeseer don't seem interested in helping or troubleshoot these issues. Google have been no better. Each seems to blame the other. It's pretty frustrating.
                                At first I was having similar issues, it seems the magic number is around 36 devices for me.

Start with a lower # 30 or so devices, make sure it syncs, even if it throws an error go back to your device on the list, it might have showed up. Assign all the appropriate rooms and name. Then start enabling the other devices a couple at a time then issue the command "Sync My HomeSeer"

this has gotten me to 38 devices. That's all I have for now but it seems to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                                X