Bypass a Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bypass a Zone

I have a DSC1864, IT-100 and the HS DSC plugin. I need to bypass a particular zone. There is the toggle feature but that won't work as I don't necessarily know if the zone is already bypassed or not. Some people suggested to use virtual keypresses, e.g. "*105" to bypass zone 05. However, it's my understanding that this also doesn't bypass but simply toggles the value. So how can I bypass a zone?

I was thinking of creating a virtual device and keep track on what the status of a zone is but the status is again just toggle as can be seen in the attached screenshot.

There is also a "Bypass Zone" command for a partition which I was hoping would let me bypass a particular zone but that doesn't work. It doesn't even bypass all violated zones because when I manually trigger this event the partition still shows up as not ready. So what does this command do?

Anyways, the real goal is to bypass a zone if I don't know it's status.
    Attached Files

I have bypassed zones from time to time and it's quite simple. First, verify that on the plugin's configuration page, under "Add/Remove Response Devices" you have included all the zones.
    Then on the device list, you should see your zones listed. Verify for each zone that the status graphics are setup correctly. (See my attachments). So bypassing a zone is as simple as clicking the bypass button or having an event do it for you.

- Robert
    Attached Files

Comment

Robert, that was it. In my case I had status "102 Toggle Bypass". I added status 100 and 101 to one of the zones and now have the Bypass and Unbypass control. I didn't get a chance to test it yet but assume it's working. Did your plugin already have 100/101 or did you have to add it manually to each zone? Also, how did you figure out that status 100 and 101 are doing the bypass and unbypass?

Comment

Roland, I set it up back in 2015, so I don't remember if the current version of the plugin populated the status graphics properly. I do remember that a couple of versions ago, the plugin did not populate some of the devices properly but I thought that problem was fixed in the current version. Let me know if there are any other devices that you need information on.

I have to say that my DSC-1832/IT-100/HS DSC Plugin has been running flawlessly since I finished setting things up sometime in 2015. There is something to be said for a serial interface. They work all the time. Every day, every minute, every hour, every second.

- Robert

Comment

Ok, I tried it now and this really works. This is GREAT!!! Thanks a lot. Below is how my setup looks like now. I have a very similar setup, i.e. DSC1864/IT-100/HS DSC Plugin. Initially I had an Envisalink3 but then I switched over to the IT-100.

I still can't figure out how to send an email/text when there is an alarm. There isn't any event for a partition, DSC parent or LED status but it's probably better to put that into another thread.
          Attached Files

Comment

No problem. Setting up events for an alarm is tricky and a bit time consuming.

- Robert

Comment

Working...
            X