• Show
Clear All

Has x10.com gone dark?

...or has my DNS been hijacked?

looks like they are offline

Comment

just went to x10.com without issue....

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

i got there no problems.. but looks like their pricing got high - jacked!!!!
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Hmmm... looks like a major redesign and simplification of the web page.

Dunno if that's good or bad. At least it's screaming less than it used to. The old site reminded me of the old Monty Python skit about Johnsons super-absorbent individual stringettes.

Comment

The X10 Forum is now vectoring to go.magneto.com, but it was fine earlier today.

Jeff

Comment

Hmm price hike?

That reminds me that I need to buy some X10 motion sensors... Any recommendation on where to get them at the best price?
              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I'd just grab 'em off ebay. If sheridan-b5 is still selling, I've been doing business with him a looong time.

Comment

X10 Phone Message states they shutdown

Call their sales number at 1-800-316-0075 and you will hear their message.

Comment

Is the original X10 now DOA?

Originally posted by trcobb View Post
                    Hmmm... looks like a major redesign and simplification of the web page.
                    The "new" website seems to be just X10 items.

The X10 Community on-line forums seem to be gone.

The airsight.net website used to remotely connect to the cameras seems to be gone.

And I have read elsewhere, that the website that supports the ActiveHome Pro software (updates and registration/activation) is gone too.

What happened?

Comment

X10 Forum

It has been several days now, and the X10 Forum has not come back on line. Unfortunately, it looks like that huge storehouse of troubleshooting information may be gone for good.

I searched for another forum to discuss X10 troubleshooting issues, and this appears to be the most active one out there. Since this is more aimed at X10 problems with regard to HomeSeer, I've decided to set up my own that deals strictly with X10 powerline control problems:

http://jvde.us/forum/

Please let others who are X10 users know about this alternative to the discontinued X10 Forum.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by trcobb View Post
                        I'd just grab 'em off ebay. If sheridan-b5 is still selling, I've been doing business with him a looong time.
                        that is what i did b4 they were out of business...

i got 19 for $76 new in package unopened shipped... so lucky me. not u.. sry..

just keep your eye on ebay and hope to find them b4 anyone else.. and dont post here u found some to buy... wait till u win it then post it
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

X10 Automation Products will remain available

This is great news from the new x10pro-usa website (I highlighted the key item):

Where is X10.com?

We, at Authinx Inc., have been in business since 1995. Over the years many things have changed at Authinx Inc. but one thing that has never changed is our firm commitment to our loyal X10 fans and even the fans who have not discovered us until now. Over the past few years, X10 WTI the parent company of x10.com has had to deal with a multitude of challenges and they finally decided to stop operations as of July 26th. Currently X10.com the website is no longer providing products or support to it's customers. As more information becomes available we will provide that information to you on our site. We will continue to provide support in regard to the home automation units to all x10 customers that come to us.

The reality is that this change will have no impact on X10 home automation products. We have increased our factory orders and we are in the process of adding additional staff to meet demand and we ask for your patience as we expand our production capacity and support team. As the largest supplier of X10 home automation products in North America, we are able to continue providing our home automation enthusiasts the products and service they have come to expect from us. In addition because we will not be distracted with devices such as cameras we will be able to invest in the future of X10 which now in reality has a much brighter future. X10 is the original Home Automation product and together with you our customers we will make it the next generation Home Automation products also.

Comment

Jeff - This is exciting news as I was almost in panic mode. Using your products over the years I have developed an X10 network that is 99.9% reliable. I am very familiar with your web site and products, but the Authinx Inc. name is new to me. Where does this fit in the scheme of things? Is there a web site that I can't seem to find?

Phil

UPDATE: I figured it out. The entire text of your message was a quote from the X10Pro-USA.com web site. Still refreshing news.
                            Last edited by prnorton; August 3, 2013, 10:21 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

X10 and Airsight both gone... ?

Remote viewing of my Airsight IP webcam stopped.
                              The DDNS was hosted by Airsight.net - it's gone dark (pun intended!)

The software give very limited options on other DDNS services to use...

I bought a $50 doorstop... I'm annoyed at X10.com AND Airsight.

Comment

Working...
                              X