Dimmable switch is not defined as dimmable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmable switch is not defined as dimmable

I have just added a Innovelli NZW31 dimmable switch to my HS3 running on a RPI3. The screenshots below indicate that it is not a dimmable switch. I have removed this switch from HS3 and included it into a SmartThings hub. The switch works fine in a ST hub. That is, the switch can be dimmed and brightened without any problem. How can I designate this dimmable switch as dimmable in HS3?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by BobS0327 View Post
    I have just added a Innovelli NZW31 dimmable switch to my HS3 running on a RPI3. The screenshots below indicate that it is not a dimmable switch. I have removed this switch from HS3 and included it into a SmartThings hub. The switch works fine in a ST hub. That is, the switch can be dimmed and brightened without any problem. How can I designate this dimmable switch as dimmable in HS3?
    The node you posted is not the dimmer, it is a central scene child. You need to look at the level control child.

If it is a device with a central scene as well as a level child there should be a root and two child nodes like below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1196395
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The node you posted is not the dimmer, it is a central scene child. You need to look at the level control child.
      If it is a device with a central scene as well as a level child there should be a root and two child nodes like below.
      Only the "central scene" appears in the Device List. I don't have the "root" and the other "child" node for the NZW31 dimmable switch. My NZW30 non dimmable (on/off) scene enabled switches all have the three nodes that you mentioned. So, I'm at a loss as to why the Innovelli NZW30 switch displays all three nodes but the NZW31 switch only displays one node, the "central scene" node.

Comment

Open the root node and go to the z-wave tab. Click "rescan" under functions and see if HomeSeer will rescan and create any missing child nodes. I've had to do that on a couple of my devices I've been moving over to HS3.

Comment

Found the solution to my problem. It was a newbie error. I had to click the show all button to get all three nodes to appear for the dimmable switch.

Thanx all for helping this HS3 newbie.

Comment

Working...
          X