.HEX file for Aeotec Multisensor 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.HEX file for Aeotec Multisensor 6

Does anyone have the firmware file for Aeotec Multisensor 6?

I Have a system where I can see one sensor that is v1.6 and is slow rest is v1.7 and v1.8.

The only files I find is this:

But there are no .hex files there.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    Does anyone have the firmware file for Aeotec Multisensor 6?

I Have a system where I can see one sensor that is v1.6 and is slow rest is v1.7 and v1.8.

The only files I find is this:

But there are no .hex files there.
    Aeotec does not provide firmware binary files. The only way to update their products is with a USB controller and their proprietary updater. if you use the device with a Z-Net, you will need to exclude it from HomeSeer and include it with a USB controller, then update. Then you exclude it from the USB and include it back in HomeSeer. You will loose the ReferenceID, so all events will be broken.

If you are already using a USB controller, it is sometimes possible to update it with their proprietary updater while leaving it included in the controller. If you do it this way, it will only work with HomeSeer shut down.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

So basically the z-update is useless for anything else than HomeSeer devices? Will it work with Fibaro devices?

Comment

I have written some pretty scathing emails to Aeotec, raking them over the coals for not developing the .hex files for users.

They apparently don't care...but if enough of us write them?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
          I have written some pretty scathing emails to Aeotec, raking them over the coals for not developing the .hex files for users.

They apparently don't care...but if enough of us write them?
          We as consumers have nothing to say in cases like this. But HomeSeer should put some presure on Aeotec and Fibaro for these files, have them encrypted or something.

Z-Update should have a built in database of devices for update if it is to be any good.

Comment

Aeotec has stated they will not release them for fear that their intellectual property could be stolen if they released the binary separately. Seems like a weak explanation.

HomeSeer employs the OTA firmware standard for Z-Wave plus, but they have no control over what other vendors do with regard to supporting the standard.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The firmware bytes are just attached to the end of the updater executable. It doesn't appear to be encrypted or anything. The format is:

<Updater executable><firmware bytes><256-byte name><4-byte firmware length>

These are the actual bytes, not a .hex file. A clever individual could probably write a script to extract them from the file and back into .hex format.

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
                We as consumers have nothing to say in cases like this. But HomeSeer should put some presure on Aeotec and Fibaro for these files, have them encrypted or something.
                We not really in a position to 'put some pressure' on other manufacturers. We have reached out to a number of manufacturers (including the 2 you mention here) and have provided samples of our own encrypted files along with a video demo of the process. It's a standing offer. If they'd like to provide their firmware, we'll encrypt it and add it to our own library. So far, the only manufacturer to participate is Nortek. We have their LB60Z bulb firmware (v5.12).
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

By Magic

Maybe someone finds it usefull but here is the update file for MultiSensor ZW050x EU V1.11

;-)
                  Paul.

Comment

Would ove the hex file :/

Anyone?

Comment

It's a real shame that Aeotec is not responsive on this. I have a LOT of their devices and would love to use OTR to update their firmware. Having to remove the device from my network, update and re-add, is not acceptable, and I will not do it. I will update them if they are new or if something happens and I am removing them anyway, but not just for the sake of doing it.

Comment

Yeah quite a shame.

I own 6 of these. They are running the older firmware that has the issue where if you set the report time to 4 minute (240 sec), it will send the same data 4 times... So my batteries run out usually every 1.5-2 months.

On top of all that, I run my z-wave system under linux via Razberry... So if I want to update them I have to purchase an additional USB z-wave controller... Exclude them from my network, and update them via Windows.

What a pain in the ***. Last time I purchase anything by this company. Ever.

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
                        It's a real shame that Aeotec is not responsive on this. I have a LOT of their devices and would love to use OTR to update their firmware. Having to remove the device from my network, update and re-add, is not acceptable, and I will not do it. I will update them if they are new or if something happens and I am removing them anyway, but not just for the sake of doing it.

Comment

Attached is the HEX file again, rename the TXT file to HEX and your done.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you!!!!!

I am updating one of my sensors now. It is taking quite a while, but progressing.

Looks like it will take about 2hrs to update one sensor in my case. No worries though, better then the alternative

Will post my results when I finish.

I am using a RazBerry v2 btw. I am watching the logs, and sensor is accepting the packets. Looks like there are about 2000 of them for the full update, I am at 990 now.

Originally posted by PaulHolland View Post
                            Attached is the HEX file again, rename the TXT file to HEX and your done.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I have US units so they take v1.10 not 1.11. I wonder if there is a way to extract from the exe file. Then I could extract for other Aeotec units as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X