Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer Double/Triple Tap Functions - HELP PLEASE

Hello everyone,

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me since I am totally new to HomeSeer and its system.

I currently have HS3 and have the HS-WD100+ dimmers all over the house (7 to be exact). I would like to utilize the double tap and triple tap functions but am totally clueless on how to get this done.

I would really appreciate if someone might be able to assist because I've read a few posts with examples but I still cannot seem to figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

See this sticky for information on how to set up events to accomplish this.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185661
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

if that thread doesn't help, give us an example of what you're trying to accomplish.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        See this sticky for information on how to set up events to accomplish this.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185661
        Hello,
        I've attempted to understand the information in that post, but I still cannot.

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        if that thread doesn't help, give us an example of what you're trying to accomplish.
        Honestly, what I want to do is very simple, but only because this is my starting point and I do not have that many z-wave devices just yet.

So, I have Homeseer dimmers all over the house:
        Livingroom
        Kitchen
        Dining Room
        Bedroom 1
        Bedroom 2
        Bedroom 3
        Basement

I want to make it so that when I come home and I triple tap the living room lights, all the lights in the house come on.

I've attempted to understand the info from the sticky above, but perhaps I am not going to the right place, though I think I was.

On my home page of the homeseer panel, I have a list of all the devices on the network that are included, which are all 7 dimmers. Each one of the 7 dimmers has 3 categories: Central Zone, Multi Switch, and the name of the device (ex: Basement). I've gone into each one of those to try to find how to set a triple tap, but the only thing I found were the images for each of the tap functions. I then went on to read the sticky and noticed that I should be in the Events section, so I navigated there and attempted to figure out what is it that I needed to do to get it accomplished, but that is where I got stuck.

I know that the homeseer is more for the advanced user, which I normally consider myself to be considering I am in IT and I usually tinker with stuff enough to figure it out on my own, but this is a whole new world for me haha

So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Sounds like you are looking in the Device itself. What you need to do is start building Events. Post 5 of the link Rupp provided shows example Events. Go to menu View-->Events to start looking at Events. I suggest you spend some time looking around the Event Clinic forum to learn about Events, starting with the two stickies.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

John

Comment

Originally posted by elitef View Post
            Hello,
            I've attempted to understand the information in that post, but I still cannot.

Honestly, what I want to do is very simple, but only because this is my starting point and I do not have that many z-wave devices just yet.

So, I have Homeseer dimmers all over the house:
            Livingroom
            Kitchen
            Dining Room
            Bedroom 1
            Bedroom 2
            Bedroom 3
            Basement

I want to make it so that when I come home and I triple tap the living room lights, all the lights in the house come on.

I've attempted to understand the info from the sticky above, but perhaps I am not going to the right place, though I think I was.

On my home page of the homeseer panel, I have a list of all the devices on the network that are included, which are all 7 dimmers. Each one of the 7 dimmers has 3 categories: Central Zone, Multi Switch, and the name of the device (ex: Basement). I've gone into each one of those to try to find how to set a triple tap, but the only thing I found were the images for each of the tap functions. I then went on to read the sticky and noticed that I should be in the Events section, so I navigated there and attempted to figure out what is it that I needed to do to get it accomplished, but that is where I got stuck.

I know that the homeseer is more for the advanced user, which I normally consider myself to be considering I am in IT and I usually tinker with stuff enough to figure it out on my own, but this is a whole new world for me haha

So any help will be greatly appreciated.
            Try not to kick yourself once the light comes on :P

1) go to homeseer web control; top menu bar; choose 'view' then 'events'
            2) from the events page click the green plus symbol with the mouseover 'add a new group'
            3) name the group using the window that just popped up
            4) an event 'new event' is already present, click the yellow arrow to it's left to open this event. you'll have a dialog to name the event.
            5) you'll see 'IF' and some drop down lists. pick 'a devices value is' in the first list.
            6) in the list to its right you'll now see '(choose Another)'. click that and choose 'this device had it's value set to...'
            7) just below it click the 'select a device' drop down and find your 'livingroom lights central scene'

-- single, double and triple tap commands all use the central scene to trigger.
            --scene 001 is the top paddle, scene 002 is the bottom.

8) you'll now see the words 'is set to' then another drop down list to it's right. Click this and select "scene 001 pressed 3 times"

When you do so, the IF drop down lists should all disappear and you're left with a statement that now reads 'If livingroom central scene had it's value set to Scene 001 Key Pressed 3 times' -- If you need to edit this in the future just lick the yellow arrow to it's right.

9) We'll now set up the Then statement located just below the If statement.
            to the right of "THEN" click '(choose an Action)' and scroll to the bottom for "Z-Wave Actions"

10) Click '(Choose A Z-Wave Action)' and select 'Send All Lights On' For both Floor and Room select "all"

This statement now turns into a sentence reading 'Then Turn ON all Z-Wave devices in Room=ALL, and Floor=ALL'

you can test your event by clicking The blue right carrot ">" located to the right of the events name. The green check box immediately to it's right lets you enable/disable the event.

while zwave all lights on is a quick way to accomplish this, and can even be fine tuned with floor and room specified. You will probably notice your Homeseer web control interface doesn't update to show the actual light status. The zwave all lights on command is echoed/propagated by every zwave device. Homeseer isn't specifically turning on each light. In a large set up this is actually like throwing a brick into a pond.. it will take a while for the ripples to fade and homeseer to respond to new events. The way I work around this is to build per room events to turn on and off every light in a set room. I have another event that then turns all lights on or off by calling each rooms on or off event. Since I'm directly sending the command to each specific device my web control page stays up to date.

Another limitation of the all on/off zwave comamnd is that even though it says 'lights' every switch is treated like a light. My automatic gate has a switch which simulates a button press; turning it on opens the gate. (took me a while to figure out why my gate seemed to randomly open when I turned all my lights on) My fan controllers are 'switches'.. you get the idea.

Now, you can work around this by adjusting an individual devices zwave settings. set if the device responds to all on/off commands.

Anyway I digress; Build this event, then please come back and share your success with us!
            HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
            Number of Devices: 1005
            Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

I am slowly setting up my switches.

Is it possible to create one event per light switch for all taps?

For example on a double tap I want it to turn on two lights, on a triple tap I want it to turn on three lights. It can easily be done by creating two different events. But I am confused if it is possible to do in one event.

If I use "OR IF" I can't seem to associate which "THEN" to use with it.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                I am slowly setting up my switches.

Is it possible to create one event per light switch for all taps?

For example on a double tap I want it to turn on two lights, on a triple tap I want it to turn on three lights. It can easily be done by creating two different events. But I am confused if it is possible to do in one event.

If I use "OR IF" I can't seem to associate which "THEN" to use with it.
                No, you can't do that. The IF and OR IFs (if any) are each individual triggers for the same single set of THEN actions. So you would require a single event for each type of tap
                cheeryfool

Comment

If that is the case, how are you guys grouping events?

For example in our two upstairs bedrooms each one has 3 WS100+ switches. One turns on the cans, another for the chandelier, and the third is in the bathroom.

At first I was going to make a group for one light switch, double tap turns on cans and chandelier, triple tap turns on cans, chandelier and bathroom. All three switches would be programed more or less the same. Each switch group with have 4-6 events.

But should the group now be for the whole room instead of each switch? Each event will be called bedroom switch 1 double tap on, bedroom switch 1 double tap off, etc...There would then be 12-18 events in the group. In a room group I guess it will be easier to copy events, it doesn't seem like there is a way to copy an event from one group to another.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                    If that is the case, how are you guys grouping events?

For example in our two upstairs bedrooms each one has 3 WS100+ switches. One turns on the cans, another for the chandelier, and the third is in the bathroom.

At first I was going to make a group for one light switch, double tap turns on cans and chandelier, triple tap turns on cans, chandelier and bathroom. All three switches would be programed more or less the same. Each switch group with have 4-6 events.

But should the group now be for the whole room instead of each switch? Each event will be called bedroom switch 1 double tap on, bedroom switch 1 double tap off, etc...There would then be 12-18 events in the group. In a room group I guess it will be easier to copy events, it doesn't seem like there is a way to copy an event from one group to another.
                    Create an event for each group of actions

e.g.
                    Event 1 turns on Cans and Chandelier
                    Event 2 turns on Cans and Chandelier and Bathroom

Assign each switch desired switch to each event. For Event one, perhaps
                    IF Switch 1 double tap ON
                    OR IF Switch 2 double tap ON
                    OR IF Switch 3 double tap ON

And Event two
                    IF Switch 1 triple tap ON
                    OR IF Switch 2 triple tap ON
                    OR IF Switch 3 triple tap ON

Am I understanding correctly what you are looking to do?
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks! I went back and forth between grouping by events or device, and ended up doing a separate group for each switch. I figured going back and making changes when needed would be easier this way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc71ar424u...56.58.png?dl=0

Comment

Working...
                      X