Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PowerLinc USB in listed in Device Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerLinc USB in listed in Device Manager?

Guys,
    How/where is the PowerLinc listed in the Device Manager? What type of device is it listed as?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

SmartHome PowerLinc USB

In alphabetical order on the Interfaces tab.

Comment

I'm talking about the Device Manager in the XP OS. Right Click on Computer and select > Manage. Then select Device Manager on the computer management form. Within the device manager how/where is the PowerLinc listed?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Amen...

Yeah, I would be very interested in the answer to this question. Greatly appreciate it if someone with a working Powerlinc would take a look.

Comment

Ah, sorry. Now the question makes a little more sense to me, coming from you Rupp it seemed a little elementary!

Mick

Comment

I think it's a "Human Interface Device". I have four of those listed, only one really says what it is (APC UPS) in a way I can recognize. Since I can't even think of four USB things I have running, the Powerlinc must be one of those four.

Comment

OK, now for the answer...

Under Human Interface Devices, USB Human Interface Device.

Mick

Comment

Mike beat me to it! Yeah, if you open the properties dialog for it it actually says for the location "Location 0 (SmartHome PowerLinc USB)".

Comment

Originally posted by twittydavis
                  Mike beat me to it! Yeah, if you open the properties dialog for it it actually says for the location "Location 0 (SmartHome PowerLinc USB)".
                  I think that supports what was mentioned in another thread. I have what I believe to be a dead Powerlinc (it cant be found at HS startup). When I unplug/plug it into a USB port is comes back with "unknown device". Yep, looks to be dead alright.

Thanks
                  Gary

Comment

Working...
                  X