Player Disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Disconnected

I've been using the plugin for some time, but recently, it stopped working. Looking at the status page it says player 1 is "disconnected". In the plugin settings it does not list the player so that makes some sense. Checked to ensure that the squeezebox plugin was installed (on a different machine) which it is and the connection status is "connected" (no firewall issues). Events in hs can be triggered from the Squeezebox just can't play any music using the plugin. Can't seem to figure out what's wrong with the set up.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Regards, Bob

Have you tried enabling the 'debug' or even the 'verbose debug' modes in the plugin? Once enabled, it will information in the log file that could help determine the issue. Especially upon connection it will list the count of players it receives from the SB server, details about each coming from the SB server and how it will deal with it in the HS2 SB plugin. If you send me the log file (with debug + verbose debug), I have a look at it.

One possibility is that the setting in the SB plugin ini file tells it to ignore the player. I also assume that the players are listed in the SqueezeBox server web page and that it recognizes them correctly.

Comment

Here is what the log has upon connection (thanks for the help)
      Attached Files
      Regards, Bob

Comment

Have you setup your SqueezeBox/Media Server to require to login? From the log I can tell that the plugin attempted to login, but I do not see the response that the login was successful (and would query details about players afterwards, etc). Could it be that the Squeezebox server/Media server login credential changed and were not updated in the plugin configuration?

You could also temporarely disable SqueezeBox logins (and empty the username/password fields in the plugin) to confirm that is the issue.

Comment

Here is the log after password is removed. I actually had it configured this way originally, but added the password to attempt a fix.
          Attached Files
          Regards, Bob

Comment

The last log file you attached stopped at 7:08:33 AM... Did noting else occur / get logged after this time? For example at 7:08:33 AM the plugin started to query information (nb players, library info, etc), but the log does not include the response it received from the SB server. Can you post or email the content of what occurs after this time (for the next few minutes)?

Comment

For reasons I don't fully understand, it reconnected over the long weekend and seems to be working again.

Thanks for the help.
              Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
              X