Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36.

This thread is to discuss the Arduino Plugin V1.0.0.36 that is in the updater.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Hi Greig,

I'm finally playing with this plugin and have a Mega connected with USB and a Uno over Ethernet. Both were easy to add. Thanks for making the plugin available!

Since I installed and enabled the plugin (1.0.0.36) , I see the occasional message like this in the HS Log:

Code:
    Jan-23 5:23:12 PM	 	Info	25040 log entries retrieved, and this just added another!
    I'm assuming it's this plugin that's doing it as I haven't seen messages like this before? Perhaps some code leftover from testing?

Also, I prefer to use DHCP to assign static addresses to all my "infrastructure" devices. Is there a way to modify the ino file to retrieve the ip address via DHCP?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Also, I prefer to use DHCP to assign static addresses to all my "infrastructure" devices. Is there a way to modify the ino file to retrieve the ip address via DHCP?

Thanks
      Al
      Not to presume to answer for Greig, but you would still have to hard code the IP address into the plug-in, so I'm not sure it would be of any real advantage. I also use DHCP reservations for all of my devices -except- the Arduinos and my EDS OWServers.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Not to presume to answer for Greig, but you would still have to hard code the IP address into the plug-in, so I'm not sure it would be of any real advantage. I also use DHCP reservations for all of my devices -except- the Arduinos and my EDS OWServers.
        The advantages to me would be the ability to change them remotely (on the DHCP server and then the plugin page) and to keep track of all of my ip addresses in one spot (the DHCP server).

Cheers
        Al

Comment

The advantages to me would be the ability to change them remotely (on the DHCP server and then the plugin page) and to keep track of all of my ip addresses in one spot (the DHCP server).

Cheers
          Al
          I am not sure this would work as you would need the board to report the IP to HS which it is not doing at the moment. Can I ask why you would change the address once it is set?

Can you not Reserve the IP in the DHCP table for the Arduinos?

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            I am not sure this would work as you would need the board to report the IP to HS which it is not doing at the moment. Can I ask why you would change the address once it is set?

Can you not Reserve the IP in the DHCP table for the Arduinos?

Greig.
            Hi Greig, yes, the reservation is already set as I was playing with the Ethernet/ip functions prior to adding it to your plugin. Possible reason for changing it later is that I'm running out of ip addresses in the blocks I had set aside for certain types of devices and will need to redo my scheme at some point. I will also likely create a separate subnet for my HA network at some point. Having it reserved in DHCP but hard coded on the device will likely mess me up a few years from now when I attempt to change it . I used to be responsible for a 5000+ device network and our biggest issue was caused by hard-coded ip addresses conflicting with other devices so now I am anal about only using DHCP to assign ip addresses (reservations/static and dynamic). The board would not need to report it to the plugin.

Cheers
            Al

PS did you see my note about the log entry in my original post? Is it caused by the plugin?

Comment

PS did you see my note about the log entry in my original post? Is it caused by the plugin?
              Yes this is a leftover that was removed in the betas. I am hoping to get the beta in to the updater soon as I have a couple of people testing it for me.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

has anyone used analog inputs A2, A3, A4, A5 as digital inputs? i have an uno connected via Ethernet but when i assign them as standard inputs i can't get them to change but if i assign them as analog inputs they work fine? I then map the value with "Value*2/1023" so it will show 0 or 1.xxx but i am just wondering if i should try something else or if you can't use the analog inputs as standard inputs without using the API mode

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                  has anyone used analog inputs A2, A3, A4, A5 as digital inputs? i have an uno connected via Ethernet but when i assign them as standard inputs i can't get them to change but if i assign them as analog inputs they work fine? I then map the value with "Value*2/1023" so it will show 0 or 1.xxx but i am just wondering if i should try something else or if you can't use the analog inputs as standard inputs without using the API mode
                  Do not set them as Analog pins in the plugin. Set them as inputs and use pins 25 - 28 if you are using an Uno.
                  25 = A2
                  26 = A3
                  27 = A4
                  28 = A5

I hope this helps you.

Greig.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Thanks:-) i wondered if it might be something like that but i figured you would have had it setup to do that automatically if an analog pin was set to an digital input as i didn't see anything in the manual about having to use the higher pin numbers for the analog inputs

Comment

is it the same if you want to use an analog pin for a servo or onewire or is it just for the inputs?

Comment

With the UNO R3 i had to use the following pins to use the analog pins as digital inputs
                        A0 = 14 (not usable as isn't in the pin list)
                        A1 = 15 (as long as you have a newer Ethernet Shield)
                        A2 = 16
                        A3 = 17
                        A4 = 18
                        A5 = 19

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                          With the UNO R3 i had to use the following pins to use the analog pins as digital inputs
                          A0 = 14 (not usable as isn't in the pin list)
                          A1 = 15 (as long as you have a newer Ethernet Shield)
                          A2 = 16
                          A3 = 17
                          A4 = 18
                          A5 = 19
                          Glad it is working for you and yes it will depend on the board. Sorry if I gave you the wrong pins.
                          I am looking at a way to make it work by selecting the A0-A15.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I think you could map A0 to 14 and so on but i think you would need a way to select the board you are using in the setup (mega or uno) so you don't loose use of those pins if it is a mega
                            Last edited by usLEDsupply; January 25, 2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Arduino 1.0.6

Hej Greg,
                              What verision of Arduino Sketch program is supported and recormened for MEGA Arduino boards? 1.0.6 ?
                              Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X