X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of inputs from 30 to 32

Hi Greg,

Is it possible to change the maximum input from 30 to 32?
    Why?
    If you use the 2560 you can use a 32 (4*8) connector for all the inputs.
    Then you have only one connector for all the inputs.

And 2 inputs more is not a big change?

Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Another one-wire request

Hi Greig,

I am wondering if it would be possible (easy?) to allow for more than 1 one-wire pin? I'm fine with the limitation of 15 devices on a bus, but having the opportunity to use more than one bus could be helpful under certain circumstances (e.g. different types of pull-ups etc).

Regards
      Doug

P.S. I've used one-wire quite a bit so I'm aware of the various limitations and tricks etc.
      doug

Comment

Originally posted by dreambox View Post
        Hi Greg,

Is it possible to change the maximum input from 30 to 32?
        Why?
        If you use the 2560 you can use a 32 (4*8) connector for all the inputs.
        Then you have only one connector for all the inputs.

And 2 inputs more is not a big change?

Alex
        What version of the plug-in are you using? The docs for the current beta 1.0.0.100 is limited to 40 input pins, but output pins are unlimited. On a Mega pins 50-52 are restricted when using an Ethernet adapter and pin 53 must be an output. To use pin 53 you must enable "Advanced Ethernet Settings if you are using that interface.

The Ethernet adapter also impacts Analog 0 and 1 for SD card write protect and detection.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by DMcKnight View Post
          Hi Greig,

I am wondering if it would be possible (easy?) to allow for more than 1 one-wire pin? I'm fine with the limitation of 15 devices on a bus, but having the opportunity to use more than one bus could be helpful under certain circumstances (e.g. different types of pull-ups etc).

Regards
          Doug

P.S. I've used one-wire quite a bit so I'm aware of the various limitations and tricks etc.
          doug
          Doug,

I can not add another to a single board but there is nothing stopping you running multiple boards each with a one wire pin or use the .API and create your own board and code with multiple one wire pins and send the data to homeseer from the board.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            Doug,

I can not add another to a single board but there is nothing stopping you running multiple boards each with a one wire pin or use the .API and create your own board and code with multiple one wire pins and send the data to homeseer from the board.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
            Hi Greig,
            Yes, I'm going to spend some time thinking about the .API. That approach maybe makes most sense for this project for a couple of reasons.
            Doug

Comment

can we use the Arduino Map function in the math section on the analog inputs? Value = map(x, 0, 1023, 0, 150);
              or in my case something like Value = map(x, 50, 955, 0, 200);

i have a bunch of analog sensors to measure water and air pressure and i can get the normal value pretty close with the standard math but it would be nice to get the full range more accurate

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post
                can we use the Arduino Map function in the math section on the analog inputs? Value = map(x, 0, 1023, 0, 150);

i have a bunch of analog sensors to measure water and air pressure and i can get the normal value pretty close with the standard math but it would be nice to get the full range more accurate
                Unfortunately not the map feature is an Arduino thing. I would need to have a think about this but as I have said before I am not the best at maths.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Stand alone function

hi , it would be nice if the arduino has a "stand alone" function like many zwave switches have. like when i press a button that is connected to the arduino digital input it switches an digital output and sends it state to homeseer so if the server is down i still can switch my lights on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
                    hi , it would be nice if the arduino has a "stand alone" function like many zwave switches have. like when i press a button that is connected to the arduino digital input it switches an digital output and sends it state to homeseer so if the server is down i still can switch my lights on and off.
                    I to would love to be able to make this work but there are limits and this is one that I could not do.
                    Sorry.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Hi Greig

I've ordered myself a Weigand card reader to use as an access control system on my house. The reader will do all of the authentication in a standalone form however it has D0 and D1 outputs to interface with the Arduino.

http://goo.gl/4se6gh

i've had a good look around and there appears to be some very good weigand libraries to do the reader management.

https://github.com/monkeyboard/Wiega...ry-for-Arduino
                      https://github.com/ugge75/Wiegand-Pr...uino-MEGA-2560

I'm going to use your API function to see how this thing works (when all of the parts arrive).

Reason I ask this, if I use the API, its going to limit the use of the board longer term. If the library works well and makes Weigand interfacing easy, would you consider adding it to your base build ? Reason for the interface is to read the card ID and then "personalise" the house upon entry depending on what card entered the house ie: lighting, music, aircon etc....

Thanks Pete
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Value update

Hi Greig,

I'm experimenting with the Arduino plugin for some days now, and i'm strugling with some issues.

I'm using the normal configuration (no API), and i'm wondering if it is possible in an analog input to have a choice between update variation like with the API configuration. (eg. value only, string only or value/string)?

or

make it possible to insert special signs in the "unit" field. i'm not able to put "℃" (or any other special signs) in the "unit" field.

I've tried to use API configuration, but then i'm not able to send floating point data.

regards
                        Ron

Comment

.103 CPU usage!
                          I have HS3 running with several plugins, but enabling the Arduino plugin eats alot of CPU.

Guess when I enabled the Arduino plugin:

It's still not ALOT, but doubling the CPU usage for just one plugin seems like a little extreme.

What is it the plugin is doing every other minute?
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by usLEDsupply View Post

The map function is actually very well described in the Arduino setup:

Code:
                            long map(long x, long in_min, long in_max, long out_min, long out_max)
                            {   return (x - in_min) * (out_max - out_min) / (in_max - in_min) + out_min; }
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

With the API version of the plugin sketch, it would be great to be able to send double variables to the device, so that the sketch can function on its own with the variables sent if needed (e.g. heating control), rather than needing to have homeseer run an event based on device value changes. In some cases it would be better to have the arduino reporting 'status' to homeseer, but essentially being able to operate autonomous of homeseer if needed.
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                                With the API version of the plugin sketch, it would be great to be able to send double variables to the device, so that the sketch can function on its own with the variables sent if needed (e.g. heating control), rather than needing to have homeseer run an event based on device value changes. In some cases it would be better to have the arduino reporting 'status' to homeseer, but essentially being able to operate autonomous of homeseer if needed.
                                Travis,

If I understand you correctly this can be done with the API Sketch as it is at the moment. There is a section to enter your code that runs when connected to Homeseer and another that will run code all the time so you can store the Variables that you need and run the code in that section an it will run what you want and only update Homeseer when connected.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X