Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why?? Now dialog box displayed when client disconnected!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?? Now dialog box displayed when client disconnected!

I have a significant customer completely irritated as all of his HSTouch clients now display a popup dialog box stating "Connection Failed to server. Check the server name in the HSTouch settings" when HS is restarted. HSTouch then exits back to Springboard.

This is completely user unfriendly to expect someone to walk around a house and restart all clients.

What happened? I know that it used to loop while periodically attempting to reconnect in previous versions (HSTouch client 2.12).

Is this another undocumented feature, bug, or what? I do not understand why you redesigned this to display a pop up. Seems to me that it is so much user friendly (and professional) to keep reconnecting every 5 seconds or so.

Very easy to reproduce. Not intermittent. Occurs every time HS is restarted or HSTouch client otherwise loses network connectivity from HSTouch server.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.
Working...
X