• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netcam-mailing pictures

SOLVED without vb script.
    I figured out that I can do this without scripting, using an event:
    IF Device XXX changes and becomes Alert
    Then the system will take a picture with the XYZ camera.
    Then Wait 11 Seconds
    Then Send an email with attachment: Currently: /Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/html/netcam/CurrentImage.jpg

-

In HS2 I had an event that mailed me a Netcam picture each time a specific door was opened. This was done with the following Netcam.vb script that I found a long time ago on a Homeseer forum.

Sub Main(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")
    Dim pi As Object
    dim time
    time = timevalue(now)
    pi = hs.Plugin("Netcam")
    Dim files As Collection = pi.getimages("
    Netcam Name of Camera")
    If files.Count >= 2 Then
    Dim latestImage As Integer = 2
    Dim strFileName As String = files(latestImage).Replace("_thmb","")
    hs.WriteLog("Info", "File to send: " & strFileName)
    hs.SendEmail("
    MyMailAdress@gmx.com", "My MailAdress@gmx.com", "My image "&time, "My image", strFileName)
    End If
    End Sub

This script doesn't work in HS3, Log says:
    Running script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Netcam.vb :Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.Public member 'Plugin' on type 'hsapplication' not found.

I know nothing about vb scripts, can anyone adapt that script for me?
    Last edited by WfromL; November 3, 2014, 08:40 AM. Reason: Solved without scripting!

You don't have to wait 11 seconds. I tend to only wait 1 second. That way it gets to my email quicker.

Comment

It would be nice to e-mail more than 1 picture. I have an outdoor microwave/PIR sensor that alerts me when someone is approaching the front door. I also take netcam pictures during this event also. So e-mailing these pictures to my phone would be great. Can anyone think of how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
        It would be nice to e-mail more than 1 picture. I have an outdoor microwave/PIR sensor that alerts me when someone is approaching the front door. I also take netcam pictures during this event also. So e-mailing these pictures to my phone would be great. Can anyone think of how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie
        I am considering buying the UltraNetcam plugin for that reason and so that pics from multiple cameras won't all be called "CurrentImage".

- Robert

Comment

I am trying to use the gmail setting in homeseer to send the image and it is blocking the sign on, anyone have suggestions for getting around it? I don't have an smtp server currently set-up in the house other than the typical gmail, icloud etc.

Comment

HomeSeer doesn't use an SSL protocol that is sufficient for Google's tastes. Even after backing off the security settings in Google. I use ssmtp to send emails. It doesn't have to run as a service. You just call it to send. Google likes ssmtp.

I keep a separate gmail account for emailing logs & HomeSeer stuff so my real gmail address is the To: address and my Logeater.gmail is the From: address. That way if someone gets the password it doesn't boink my regular email.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
              HomeSeer doesn't use an SSL protocol that is sufficient for Google's tastes. Even after backing off the security settings in Google. I use ssmtp to send emails. It doesn't have to run as a service. You just call it to send. Google likes ssmtp.

I keep a separate gmail account for emailing logs & HomeSeer stuff so my real gmail address is the To: address and my Logeater.gmail is the From: address. That way if someone gets the password it doesn't boink my regular email.
              Good idea on using a secondary email address. Any help you can provide on setting up the ssmtp? Is it a Linux only thing?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X