Schlage lock only partially added to network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage lock only partially added to network

I had a z-wave network with 10 devices before adding the Schage deadbolt lock. The controller is the z-stick. I added the lock to the z-stick and then added the device from the z-stick into homeseer. The device added in, but it is not correct. The device management entry is shown in attachment node 11.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The text from the "Fully optimize a network" is:
    Optimizing node 11 (Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11)...
    My Z-Wave: Instructing node # 11,Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11, to re-discover its neighbors using interface My Z-Wave...
    My Z-Wave: Device 11, Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11 successfully optimized.
    Done. The optimization was successful, Add Return Route encountered an error. Check the log for any additional information.
    Node 11 Neighbor Status: 5 Neighbors: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a Schlage link module (lamp dimmer - RP200) in the network (Node 6), but is is not shown in the "neighbors" list for node 11 (lock).

An finally, the log entry when I ran the optimize network command

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jun-22 3:42:12 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jun-22 3:42:11 PM Z-Wave Done. The optimization was successful, Add Return Route encountered an error. Check the log for any additional information.
    Jun-22 3:42:11 PM Z-Wave Warning Delete (current) Return Routes for Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11 (11) failed, Add Return Route will not be attempted.
    Jun-22 3:41:41 PM Z-Wave My Z-Wave: Device 11, Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11 successfully optimized.
    Jun-22 3:41:33 PM Z-Wave My Z-Wave: Instructing node # 11,Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11, to re-discover its neighbors using interface My Z-Wave...
    Jun-22 3:41:32 PM Z-Wave Optimizing node 11 (Z-Wave Node 11 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 11)...
    Jun-22 3:41:32 PM Z-Wave ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I need to do to fix this? I do have another Schlage lamp dimmer available, but it is not currently plugged in.
    Attached Files

To add locks or any other battery operated device you need to leave the stick plugged into the HS PC and use the add node option from within the HS Z-Wave software. Locks are slow to load the the lock to Z-Stick - Z-Stick to pc times out to quickly to properlly add it. You may also be able to do a rescan on the locks root node to finish the install at this point. The lock will need to be close to your controller when attempting the load.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

SmartStick+ any help with this?

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      To add locks or any other battery operated device you need to leave the stick plugged into the HS PC and use the add node option from within the HS Z-Wave software. Locks are slow to load the the lock to Z-Stick - Z-Stick to pc times out to quickly to properlly add it. You may also be able to do a rescan on the locks root node to finish the install at this point. The lock will need to be close to your controller when attempting the load.
      I have a SmartStick+ on order. Will this eliminate the need to get the lock close to the interface? I, of course, can delete the node and then change over to the new SmartStick+ and then re-add the lock. I will be a real pain to bring the lock close to the PC in my physical setup here. I can certainly wait for the new interface to arrive.

Comment

It may work but again it may not. I would wait till you get the new interface installed and try again.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X