Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to get Dave to add Russound device detection into his driver so that you could just use the Allonis Russound calls
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I couldn't wait to dive it - I have the HomeSeer driver working with Allonis.

One "issue" - my Z-Wave Shades are coming over as Lighting Dimmers in - any chance they can be mapped into shades in Allonis?
      Attached Files

Comment

OK - this is very cool.

One other issue - can the floor also be mapped to Allonis? I have a few hallways and kitchens, and they all get meshed into the same room in Allonis but I use the floor/room in HS...
        Attached Files

Comment

I would take this to the Allonis forums because this is something Dave would have to add. I would have to see whether I include the floor
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I am including location2 in the data sent to the Homeseer driver.
            Dave would have to update the floor/level info in the family driver
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I see that - I forwarded Dave the log - hopefully a quick fix for that. Are you using HS JSON or did you write your own? I was reviewing the log file and it appears the device type of a switch that controls my shades has the same type as a lighting dimmer (both indicate Z-Wave multilevel switch) -- just curious but I think Dave won't know the difference in the data since to me it looks the same in the log - but, HS knows because a dimmer has different control options in the HS interface... In HS, there is Node Type when I ask for information on the node - wondering is there is an ability to communicate node types - or manufacturer and device - something to tell ML what it is.

Thanks,

Comment

It is using the HS json. I figured that was easier but hopefully they don't change it otherwise Dave would need to make a change as well.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Dave did some changes to the homseer plugin and it is much better - my shades are populating as are all my motions/temperature and even Key Fob's! And, the floor level is populated too.

With all this I was wondering if there was a way to have a new feature in your plugin.

It seems you have to check a device in order for it to show in the homeseer plugin - but, checking the device also creates variables and doubles the variables. I believe your plugin maintains the BL device variables and the HS plugin maintains the variables in the Allonis way too (for example, a light becomes light_XXXX and you also maintain BLXXXXX for a single device).

I suggest having 2 checkbox columns for each device - one, to check if the homeseer plugin will use the device, and the other to create variables in Allonis (what you have now) - basically, the ability to just click Homeseer and let that method rule and not have all the BL variables maintained too. So, if I check a device for HS and not BL, then HS plugin does it thing and no BL variables are created or maintained. I find some devices I want to bypass HS (for example, your Russound plugin) whereas others I would bypass your variables (light switches/dimmers).

Otherwise this is really great!

Comment

Hi Blade - do we still have an option to go the other way? Execute an Allonis CMD from HS3? I'm still struggling with Russound/GCC across both systems... If I let your Russound plugin takeover, Allonis loses control of it... don't know if it's a hardware contention issue given that my Russound CAV66 is serial port driven through a GCC on the Allonis side. All I am trying to do is enable something as simple as 192.168.1.111/command?AV|4~Power~2~Toggle where the IP address is the Allonis server.

Comment

Can you try this
                      This should toggle power for controller 1 and zone 1

Code:
                      192.168.1.111/command?BLML2HS|HS-Plugin~BLRussound~ToggleZonePower~int[1]|int[1]
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X