No announcement yet.

WD200+ LED Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I will check the code and see where it's getting reset. I know it's being set when the device is added.

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
    That was it. Mine were all set to 0 from the start. Changing it to something >0 was the charm.

THANKS!
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

So... To help others avoid my mistake: The WS (switch) model ONLY has a single LED.

You need the WD (dimmer) version to get seven LEDs on the side. Which means you don't get the multi-LED feature unless you have an old fashioned incandescent bulb to control

PS: Yes, the pictures are different on the WD vs. WS product pages, but I got caught up in the initial shot with lots of LEDs, and didn't notice the difference before ordering.
      Last edited by NutsyHome; February 3, 2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I installed one this morning. The blink rate defaulted to 3.

I was able to use "Replace Node" and it properly created the scene child's new Value Status pairs and it worked properly, however the root was not properly re-created. I rescanned but it didn't make any difference. Then I deleted the HS devices without excluding and did an import from the controller. Again the root and 2 child devices were correct, but the root was still that of an HS-WD100+. I finally excluded and included again generating a correct root device with the blink rate and all of the other changes.

Unless someone has a different idea, these new switches will have to be included after excluding the device you are replacing in order to get the proper root device settings.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
          So... To help others avoid my mistake: The WS (switch) model ONLY has a single LED.

You need the WD (dimmer) version to get seven LEDs on the side. Which means you don't get the multi-LED feature unless you have an old fashioned incandescent bulb to control

PS: Yes, the pictures are different on the WD vs. WS product pages, but I got caught up in the initial shot with lots of LEDs, and didn't notice the difference before ordering.
          Unless you need extremely low dimming levels, the dimmer will control CCFL or LED loads in addition to "old fashioned incandescent bulbs".

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I installed one this morning. The blink rate defaulted to 3.

I was able to use "Replace Node" and it properly created the scene child's new Value Status pairs and it worked properly, however the root was not properly re-created. I rescanned but it didn't make any difference. Then I deleted the HS devices without excluding and did an import from the controller. Again the root and 2 child devices were correct, but the root was still that of an HS-WD100+. I finally excluded and included again generating a correct root device with the blink rate and all of the other changes.

Unless someone has a different idea, these new switches will have to be included after excluding the device you are replacing in order to get the proper root device settings.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Unless you need extremely low dimming levels, the dimmer will control CCFL or LED loads in addition to "old fashioned incandescent bulbs".

I'm still bummed the WS200 is a single LED as I can't mix the WD with my switched outlets or smart bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just installed the wd200+ by replace node option in homeseer. But I do not see in zwave actions the led options.I replaced node where my old wd100 was.
                I am on the newest beta .199 zwave and using znet lan.

Comment

Originally posted by paweljakalak View Post
                  I just installed the wd200+ by replace node option in homeseer. But I do not see in zwave actions the led options.I replaced node where my old wd100 was.
                  I am on the newest beta .199 zwave and using znet lan.
                  If you used "Replace Node" on the HS-WS100+ Z-Wave tab, it will not work. The correct root for the 200 will not be built, despite the fact that the Central Scene VS pairs are updated. You will have to exclude/include it in order for the correct root to be built. This will break any events, so be sure and filter and print your event list for both the multilevel and central scene of the device so that you can edit them.

See post #33 above.

Comment

Ok, that makes sense. Also is there a way I can change dimming increments as I use harmony hub brightness using a remote control but with this new switch the lowest diming level is not dim enough. With the wd100+ it would dim really low like 1% and with wd200+ it only dims to 20%.
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by paweljakalak View Post
                      Ok, that makes sense. Also is there a way I can change dimming increments as I use harmony hub brightness using a remote control but with this new switch the lowest diming level is not dim enough. With the wd100+ it would dim really low like 1% and with wd200+ it only dims to 20%.
                      Thank you
                      Unfortunately no. The HS-WD100+ were close to correct with 5.14 firmware, but with 5.17+ they were bad as well. The HS-WD200+ is the same as the later firmware on the 100s. I have 4 HS-WD100+ dimmers with 5.14 firmware in my basement theater and they will not go dim enough to enjoy movie night on the projection screen. I wish there was a parameter for minimum brightness that would allow us to pick the dimming floor - all the way to the point where the lights are off.
                      Last edited by randy; March 6, 2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

LED rgb setting?

Can we adjust the rgb value for the set colors? My amber is pretty green..

Comment

Unfortunately, no, the colors cannot be changed.

Originally posted by benginerd View Post
                          Can we adjust the rgb value for the set colors? My amber is pretty green..

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
                            Even the old 100 series is that way. Only dimmers have a row of lights. And I use my dimmers with LED light bulbs not old fashioned incandescent bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Unfortunately, no, the colors cannot be changed.
                              Any chance that could change with a future firmware update?

Comment

We will note the feedback and see. If the colors are not correct or consistent, we will look into that. Bust as for adjusting them, the Z-Wave chip does not have enough I/O ports to any further settings from the software.

Originally posted by benginerd View Post
                                Any chance that could change with a future firmware update?

Comment

Working...
                                X