Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From RF to IR

Hello i search a lot but not find it or i don't look very well

But i want to control my TV en Home Cynema from my PC running Homeseer.
    So i have a X10 App module between my tv and Home Cyn. So i can turn it on and off(To disable the Standby)

But then i want to send IR commands from my PC to turn the TV on and The Home Cynemaset??????

So wat did i need to do or how

Thanks

Hey fellow dutch man, i'm not an expert but there are a few possibilities.. Uce an ocelot or pcirlinc or a "built yourself type" and i guess a few other solutions (needs win98) search the board on infrared.. you will find more then you like *s*

Gegroet, Rob

*** Wished the US changed to 220V :-) ***

Comment

IK i try a search

But why 220v ?

its mutch more mony ? then in amerika

i buy al the sensor's in amerika and chip them to the nederlands

Sorry zag niet dat je uit Nijmegen kwam

thanks

Comment

hmm 220V: it's just a comment, when it would be the same, we could buy those cheap ones from the states :-) it would make life a lot easier when there a world standards.

*** Wished the US changed to 220V :-) ***

Comment

I have seach the Messageboard but the PCIRLinc is only for Serial divice and my PC with HS is on the firstfloor and the first TV in the living room. Is there a USB version (yes i now use a converter from Ser to USB).

Ok thats possible i have olso a wireless video connection to my tv downstairs but not a IR attached to it whil this work with a PCIRLinc ??

Thanks

Comment

You can buy from the states the sensor's only need a 310 mhz reciever. and convert to 220v

Anymatedouled.com wil do

Comment

Hi there heuvels! I run a PCIR Linc from Smarthome in my system to send out IR to all of my A/V gear. My Homeseer computer is in the same room as my gear but is such that I can't aim the IR transmitter at the gear. I've got an IR Extender (http://smarthome.com/8220a.html) stuck on the end of the PCIR Linc that transmits an RF signal to a base station sitting in front of my A/V gear that converts it to IR signal that controls everything. The base station in the above link runs on US voltages but you should be able to find something similiar in your country that would work just fine.

Comment

So can you do anything from your pc the as from the Remotecontrol from you TV?

Example turn it on from standby to channel 4 and your hometheater reciever to the TV input and sets the volume ?

I think there is nothing here in europe for that so i need to buy is ad smarthome or somthing

it have not a bildin power suppl so must be no problem i think what is it 9volts ?

i'm blind i see it on smarthome it's 12v so i need a dutch transformer!

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your question but I'll take my best shot at it.

My PC acts just like my TV remote control. There's a plugin for Homeseer to use the PCIR Linc. After some configuration (which definitely takes a while at first) I can go to the HS web interface and bring up a webpage interface. Once that's up I just click on the buttons that HS generates and its the exact same as pushing on a button that came on my TV remote.

Comment

Working...
                  X