Plugin stops working and causes problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin stops working and causes problems

Every week or so the plugin stops working. When that happens many functions of HS behave erratically.

I get the popup shown in the attachment, and when i click on "close the program" HS starts working fine again. I have to restart the plugin later.

How can I fix/troubleshoot/work around this issue?

My version is 3.0.0.47.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by etobian View Post
    Every week or so the plugin stops working. When that happens many functions of HS behave erratically.

I get the popup shown in the attachment, and when i click on "close the program" HS starts working fine again. I have to restart the plugin later.

How can I fix/troubleshoot/work around this issue?

My version is 3.0.0.47.

Thanks
    Can you look in the windows event viewer under Windows Logs - Application to see if there is anything logged about the failure? Also turn on debug logging in the BBMessenger Plugin options, when the next failure occurs with debug logging turned on grab the hspi_bbmessenger_debug.log file before restarting homeseer/bbmessenger and send that to me via PM. The debug file is located in the root homeseer install directory.

Bruce

Comment

Google for how to suppress this dialog. I also have a plugin that occasionally crashes. It is the IP/Serial plugin. It hangs and events stop processing. I found a site with direction to dismiss the error reporting crash reports and now if the plugin crashes it does not hang HS3.

IP/Serial plugin seems to detect this and it restarts the plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brbjr View Post
        Can you look in the windows event viewer under Windows Logs - Application to see if there is anything logged about the failure?
        Bruce
        Here are the windows logs for the event. I set debug logging to catch the next time it throws an error.

Thanks for your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
          Google for how to suppress this dialog. I also have a plugin that occasionally crashes. It is the IP/Serial plugin. It hangs and events stop processing. I found a site with direction to dismiss the error reporting crash reports and now if the plugin crashes it does not hang HS3.
          IP/Serial plugin seems to detect this and it restarts the plugin.
          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Do you mean to set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting/DontShowUI to 1?

Comment

Working...
          X