Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Use Condition?

Bob,

in the Speaker config in BLSpeech, it has "Use condition". If I check it it gives me the chance to select a device and provide a value, but the help site doesn't say what this does.

Edit: I'm hoping this is to allow us to control speakers in zones based on occupancy.

If you select it, it will allow you to choose a device and a matching value for the device or else the speaker will be ignored
    So you could choose an occupancy device and enter in the value you want it to be equal to. If the condition device value is equal to what you specify then the speaker will process
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      If you select it, it will allow you to choose a device and a matching value for the device or else the speaker will be ignored
      So you could choose an occupancy device and enter in the value you want it to be equal to. If the condition device value is equal to what you specify then the speaker will process
      That is awesome! Thanks, Bob!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bob, I have a question. Can I create 2 "speakers" with the same Russound "Relay/zone"?

I'm not sure I would ever use this, but I have an idea, and I was just curious if I could do this (basically, I would create 1 that uses occupancy, and 1 that doesn't, but they would be the same zone in my russound...i.e. Foyer (3)).

Comment

Hmmm I am not sure what that would do
          Worth a try I guess - I guess if you called on them independently it should
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

So I can't get "use condition" to work. I ran a test this morning.

I took my guest bathroom "speaker" and I checked "use condition". I then selected my guest bathroom occupancy device (0 - unoccupied; 100 - occupied) and set the value to 100 (I also tried 0 (zero) in case it was backwards).

I then went to my "whole house" zone and checked "use conditions". After that I just ran a test event that I use for testing speech. It still played in that room.

I will PM you my log.

Edit: I guess you can't PM attachments. If the log has no personal info, let me know and i'll post it here, or I'll put in a bug on your site if you like.
            Attached Files

Comment

Email me the debug log directly for it
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Resolved in 2.0.61
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  Bob, I have a question. Can I create 2 "speakers" with the same Russound "Relay/zone"?

I'm not sure I would ever use this, but I have an idea, and I was just curious if I could do this (basically, I would create 1 that uses occupancy, and 1 that doesn't, but they would be the same zone in my russound...i.e. Foyer (3)).
                  Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Hmmm I am not sure what that would do
                  Worth a try I guess - I guess if you called on them independently it should
                  So, this does in fact work. I had an instance where I always wanted a speaker to do a specific announcement (the turning off of the automatic lights in the guest bathroom), but be conditional other times. So I just created another "speaker" and added (nc) (No Condition) to the end so I would know which one to use.

I then just put speaker=Guest Bathroom (nc) and it worked

This allows me to create speaker and zones where I can have the flexibility to force a speaker in some instance and use a condition in others
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X