ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason

I'm seeing this 3 times in my HS3 log every few minutes. I don't recall seeing this before.

Looking for help on how to troubleshoot why this is occuring

wondering if it has something to do with my upgrading HS3 to the latest beta recently?

Current Date/Time: 07/04/2018 10:39:45
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.423
    Linux version: ApplicationName='./run_command_raw.sh', CommandLine=''uname -a'', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified fileSystem Uptime: 0 Days 11 Hours 32 Minutes 59 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.210
    Number of Devices: 149
    Number of Events: 32
    Available Threads: 399
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.22: Ecobee
    3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    0.0.0.38: Pushover 3P
    3.0.6413.20219: UltraNetCam3
    3.0.0.83: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Could you try to install version 3.0.0.24 available here, it should give more descriptive error messages than just "The call failed for an unknown reason"

Also please post the full debug logs, from the time your enable the plugin.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        Could you try to install version 3.0.0.24 available here, it should give more descriptive error messages than just "The call failed for an unknown reason"

Also please post the full debug logs, from the time your enable the plugin.

Thanks!
        This what you're looking for (i'm drawing a blank on what "debug" logs are)..

Comment

I reauthorized the app on ecobee and so far haven't seen the error. I guess that for some reason my token expired?

Comment

it has happened before for other users, but I'm still not sure what can cause this.

When was the last time you did the authorization process?

Comment

it has happened before for other users, but I'm still not sure what can cause this.

When was the last time you did the authorization process?
              Well I had a few days left on my ecobee trial registration when i first noticed it showing up. So lets call it whatever the trial period is minus 3 days roughly?

I noticed when on ecobee's website the app still appeared to be setup as before so no indication over there that there was a problem that i saw.

Comment

I just noticed this one too..

Comment

Originally posted by gwichman View Post
                  I just noticed this one too..

If this happen very frequently, please turn on "Log To File" and set the file log level to Debug, then send me the Logs/Ecobee.txt as soon as you get this error.
                  Thanks

Comment

Getting this now too.

[QUOTE]Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
                    Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee DEBUG at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__26.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__85.MoveNext()
                    Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee DEBUG Response= Bad Request
                    Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason./QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
                      Getting this now too.

Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
                      Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee DEBUG at Ecobee.Net.ApiResult.ThrowException() at Ecobee.Net.Access.d__26.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSucce ss(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess AndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Ecobee.EcobeeApp.d__85.MoveNext()
                      Apr-09 8:34:39 PM Ecobee ERROR The call failed for an unknown reason.
                      install version 3.0.0.24, and if it still complains about an authorization error, try to do the authorization process again.

If that's not the problem please provide some debug logs

Comment

install version 3.0.0.24, and if it still complains about an authorization error, try to do the authorization process again.

If that's not the problem please provide some debug logs
                        All good now! Thanks for the quick response.

I installed 24, reauthorized the unit and no more errors.

Comment

Working...
                        X