Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get lrpspeak going

Hello Larry

I just got downloaded lrpspeak from the updater and I got .2 instead of .5. Did I miss something? Also I looked at the instructions in the html file about coping a lrpspeak.ini file into the conf. folder. Where do I copy that file from?

Thanks
    Lance

ps: I noticed your from Elbert. I live in the Springs.

Originally posted by 68sting View Post
    Hello Larry

I just got downloaded lrpspeak from the updater and I got .2 instead of .5. Did I miss something? Also I looked at the instructions in the html file about coping a lrpspeak.ini file into the conf. folder. Where do I copy that file from?

Thanks
    Lance

ps: I noticed your from Elbert. I live in the Springs.
    Yea, I am actually in the Black Forest area, just happens to have an Elbert Post Office. Anyway the ini file should be created for you by the install. The ini file is editable manually and I believe the Updater is just slow at getting my new files loaded.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hello Larry

I don't see an ini file in my config folder. I do have three folders: config settings, dct file, and lf file. I see the speakers under the status tab and can manually turn them on and off. I can't get it do anything when used in an event though. How do I get the updated version that will default back to the previous state?

thanks
      Lance

Comment

Hello Larry

I don't see an ini file in my config folder. I do have three folders: config settings, dct file, and lf file. I see the speakers under the status tab and can manually turn them on and off. I can't get it do anything when used in an event though. How do I get the updated version that will default back to the previous state?

thanks
        Lance
        Hi Lance,

I sent HS an email inquiring about the updater files (2.2.0.5), they are suppose to be on the updater already.

In the mean time go to Setup, and under the interfaces tab, look for lrpSpeak and click the config button, after verifying the config you desire, click the submit button (which should save the ini file).

The default location for the lrpSpeak.ini file is in the "C:\Program Files\[HomeSeer Directory]\Conf\", or where ever HomeSeer was installed with a subdirectory of Conf. Basically all ini's for the HS2 are stored here.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hello Larry

Still no luck. I have included a screen shot of the config folder. I can manually run the selector from HS status page. My main problem at this point is setting up an event that should turn on certain speakers. I set up an event as usual it just won't turn the speakers on or off. It's a real pain at the moment. If someone rings my doorbell it shuts the speakers off when its done. I then have to go manually turn them back on if I want hear anything else.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about that Lance, it sounds like you really need the newer version. Rick told me my last updates may have been stopped at the spam filter, so I re-sent them, and Rick is suppose to look for them.
            -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

In the mean time can you tell me why the events don't seem to be working?

Comment

I don't think it's going to work. Everything points to a failed install. Without the ini file being created it does not look good. Anyway here is a link to a thread that talks about events usage.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120737

Here is another one.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=120795
                -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hello Larry

I guess after reading through those posts nobody has gotten the events to work. I don't know anything about scripts but it appears that the only way to run things is through scripting. Is that correct? When you look under the events tab it's listed. It lets you set up on and off settings for each set of speakers but doesn't appear to work for people. Maybe the updater is not installing the plugin correctly? How does the volume and dictionary features work? Is that also done through scripting or with simple events?

Thanks
                  Lance

Comment

Hello Larry

I guess after reading through those posts nobody has gotten the events to work. I don't know anything about scripts but it appears that the only way to run things is through scripting. Is that correct? When you look under the events tab it's listed. It lets you set up on and off settings for each set of speakers but doesn't appear to work for people. Maybe the updater is not installing the plugin correctly? How does the volume and dictionary features work? Is that also done through scripting or with simple events?

Thanks
                    Lance
                    Lance,

Events all should work, this has been exhaustively tested. The only negative feed received back from other users was that they wanted the plugin to be able to save a DEFAULT state and return to it after announcements etc...which is in the new 2.2.05 version that is due on the updater any time now. HS tells me that the delay is because they are moving offices and in-between environments at the moment.

Again here are the commands that can be used in events.

Example use in Script or Event:

"&hs.plugin("lrSpeak").SpkrOn("Bedroom") "

&hs.plugin("lrSpeak").SpkrOn("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to ON. --- Speaker stays on until an OFF command is received. ...

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SpkrOff("Bedroom") --- Changes Bedroom (if that's it's name) speaker to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOn() --- Turns ALL Speakers to ON until an OFF command is received.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").AllSpkrOff() --- Turns ALL Speakers to OFF.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").InputAB("A") --- Changes Input to A.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetSpkrVol("Soft") --- Sets volume to Soft. Possible values are Normal, Soft, Loud, Max.

&hs.plugin("lrpSpeak").SetPostDelay("200") --- Sets post speaker shutoff to 200ms.

Options that can be sent to control plugin are encapsulated in text to be spoken.

For example any program (HSPhone) can use the following to control speakers:

"[Loc All] This is the text to be spoken by whole house."

The above line of text tells lrpSpeak to set location of speach to All (all speakers) and speak This is the text....

"[Loc All Vol Normal] This is also some text."

The above line tells lrpSpeak to use all speakers and volume normal.

So if you want to play music then use the SpkrOn(spkrname As String) command to leave that speaker on. Any other switch commands do not affect this speaker unless it is specified in the new command or an ALL is used. Does this make any sense?

Let me know if this helps -
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Here's the quotes from the threads you gave me. I even sent a few of these guys pm's and they haven't had any luck either. We all seem to have the same problems. Manually turning on speakers works fine but events don't work. And I see nothing, as quoted below, on how to adjust volume or use the dictionary by just using an event alone. Again when I try to build an event the only options I see are to turn the speakers on or off either individuality or as a group. Nothing as far as volume or dictionary.

I can manually turn on each room but I have not yet figured out away to have a certain room turn on by an event. Does anyone have an event created so you can give me an example of how to create one with IRPSPEAK.
                      I see no information anywhere about how to use this plugin as a speak proxy for volumes, etc when building events (and also didnt see a dictionary reference anywhere). Larry, can you guide us in the right direction?

I can manually switch each speaker on, and it shows a on light bulb, and then when an event would run that needs to speak, the log shows that all speakers are on but it actually does not turn any speakers on.

If I manually click all speakers on they all come on. Then run an event then they all turn off.

If I run an event that would require speaking, the plugin should turn all the speakers on automatically but it doesn't.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I went in and made an event for incoming call, to turn all on. honestly, though, it doesn't seem to be working. I also modified a couple regular announcement events, adding a turn all on line.

Hopefully we can get this figured out so we can all start using this plugin.

I tried upgrading tonight to the latest update. Here's what my log shows.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:42 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Starting installation of updates</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:42 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Applying update: lrpSpeak</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:42 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_lrpSpeak.dll</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:42 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\lrpSpeak-Readme.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:43 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>File is missing: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\updates2\lrpSpeak2.2.0.5\lrpSpeak-Readme.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:43 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Installation of package lrpSpeak failed. Installation will be attempted the next time the application is started.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/6/2007 6:59:43 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Installation of updates completed, but one or more were unsuccessful and will be attemped again at the next restart.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So first thing I would imagine we need to do is uninstall whats there. How do I do that?

It would at first glance seem like it's an install issue considering the people quoted above seem to have the same issues.

Have you tried the plugin from the updater? If not is there a way you can try it. That way we can see if it all works for you?

Thanks
                      Lance

Comment

I don't know what to tell you... the following works fine, just change the name "Bedroom" to what ever your speaker name is.

Example use in Script or Event:

"&hs.plugin("lrSpeak").SpkrOn("Bedroom") "
                        To remove plugin go to Setup and select Interfaces tab, disable plugin. Exit HS and delete lrpSpeak.dll from the HS directory. Delete any file lrpSpeak.* from the HS/Config directory. Plugin will be GONE.

Sorry you are having so much trouble, but there are too many users, including myself that are NOT experiencing this problem, most complaints after directing them to the help files, was about getting the speakers to return to a predetermined default state, which was addressed in version 2.2.0.5 now on the updater.

Is anyone else having issues using EVENTS ???
                        -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Have you tried to create an event and then add an action like "Speak and Wait" , then under Action List where it says Speak:

Type in something like:

[Loc All] This is a test of all speakers on.

Then save and run the event. Try this and let me know.
                          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hello Larry

I have deleted the items you described. Everytime I restart HS it recreates the .dll file and gives me errors. I also deleted the items under status that let me manually turn the speakers on. Now I can't turn the speakers on at all.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3></TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Starting installation of updates</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Applying update: lrpSpeak</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\hspi_lrpSpeak.dll</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Docs\lrpSpeak-Readme.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>File is missing: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\updates2\lrpSpeak2.2.0.5\lrpSpeak-Readme.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Updater Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Installation of package lrpSpeak failed. Installation will be attempted the next time the application is started.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Updater </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Installation of updates completed, but one or more were unsuccessful and will be attemped again at the next restart.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Startup </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Checking for available plug-ins</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:49 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: AC RF Processor, version: 1.2.0.3</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:50 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Found plug-in: iTunes, version: 2.3.0.14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:50 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>License file lrpSpeak.lf does not exist</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>License file lrpSpeak.lf does not exist</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>8/7/2007 8:36:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>(1) Unable to initialize interface lrpSpeak :Either no license or trial has expired</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

I did find an error in the zip file, I forgot to include the TXT file. Attached is the zip file I sent to the updater, but with the missing file included, also note that the lrpSpeak.lf file is also there. If you get a message about license expired then the 30 days is probably used up, or trial code needs to be re-entered.

The easiest way to fix this is exit out of HS and copy the contents of the zip file into the appropriate directories, mainly lrpSpeak.lf goes into the HS\Config directory, and hspi_lrpSpeak.dll goes into the HS root. Any of the *.htm goes into HS\html\lrpSpeak directory.
                              Attached Files
                              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Working...
                              X