This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update don't update my homeseer

Ok, I have manually download the Homeseer update HSPRO 2.4.0.56.. But of course it's not working.. when the update is done, my homeseer PRO is NOT updated.. i have this also with all the plug-ins (i unzip everytime the MSI files, and i copy manually the unzipped files in the right directory) but how must i do this with a Homeseer update? and why is it that I'm the only one with this problem?...

OK, i use Windows server 2008, maybe is that the problem?.. Has anyone the same problem? and perhaps a solution for my problem?

Are you running HS as a service? If so stop the service and then update.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No i don't run homeseer as a service.

Comment

The updater looks in the registry to find the install location for HomeSeer, maybe this is not set properly on your system, check this registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir does not exist in my 2008 server.

I found only a installdir key in
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2 for the HomeSeer Speaker program, not Homeseer PRO.

I shall install a fresh Homeseer PRO on another system.. and then copy the registry keys to my server 2008.. i hope that's gonna work..

Comment

Originally posted by reemster View Post
            Thanks for your reply!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2\Installdir does not exist in my 2008 server.

I found only a installdir key in
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\HomeSeer Technologies\HomeSeer 2 for the HomeSeer Speaker program, not Homeseer PRO.

I shall install a fresh Homeseer PRO on another system.. and then copy the registry keys to my server 2008.. i hope that's gonna work..
            I wouldn't copy regitry items from one machine to another as this will not solve this. It's the installer that will need to change where it looks for the HomeSeer install dir or you could uninstall HomeSeer and reinstall into the path that the installer is looking.

Comment

Working...
            X