Solar Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Sensor

I first want to say that I've only been using the plug-in for a few days, and I think it's incredibly well written and extremely easy to use. I really love the "plug and play" nature of it.

I have a HA7net Ethernet box, and I ordered about 10 DD18S20 temperature sensors that all worked great.

I also ordered 2 Hobby Board sensors. I have the solar radiation board, and I also ordered the Humidity/Temp/Solar sensor.

My question comes with the solar sensor. Is it supported, and if so, how should I configure it? I have 1 device that has an odd value (368.1 % RH), so I was wondering if this might be the solar sensor? It doesn't ever change values though, so I'm not sure.

I'm looking for the level of light rather than off/on since I'm going to use it to control the shades.

Thank you very much for the help and a great plugin.

Scott

Hello. Sorry, I missed this post. The Hobby Board solar sensor is not supported by the Embedded Data Systems 1-wire interfaces. However, if the TEMP08 supports it, I can add support if you provide the raw output from the TEMP08.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Historically I've had only some issues with the HB combo sensors. I currently have three on line. Initially I had one which worked for "years". The Humidity sensor went out with excessive values as posted above. Then the light sensor went out. Today 2 of the 3 are working fine. One that is in a pagoda on the roof went out after 4 months and I have never had the chance to get to it. These sensors today are connected to a 9097.

When I had the HB combo sensors connected to the Temp08 I had somewhat erratic behavior such that I ended up purchasing the Midon combo Humidity/Temp sensors which work just fine with the Temp08. The HB sensors work fine with the 9097. The Midon combo sensors work fine with the Temp08.

On the 9097 the light sensor value is an integer which starts at around 6 (total darkness) up to around 300 in bright sunlight. The original light sensor worked from 0 up into the 300's .

Never used these two types in parasitic mode and they each have different usage voltages.
      Last edited by Pete; April 21, 2011, 12:53 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X