Carrier Infinity touch control interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrier Infinity touch control interface

I have a carrier infinity system and have been looking for a clean way to control and monitor from homeseer. I see that carrier has a new thermostat that supports wifi, SYSTXCCITW01, and can be accessed remotely. Has anyone successfully tied this unit into Homeseer?

Ps - I am aware of the serial module, or SAM. I don't want to go that route for a number of reasons.

I have the same thermostat. I am able to control it remotely via the my carrier app; however I am not sure how to connect it to homeseer. Hoping I was going to find it on this forum.

Comment

I also just had that thermostat installed. The Carrier app is nice, but it would be way better if Homeseer could control it. Certainly there has to be a way?

Comment

Just had the Bryant version of the Infinity touch installed. (Bryant calls it a "Evolution Connex") Love the thermostat... except for it's integration (or lack thereof) with Homeseer.

Can remotely control it through the bryant website... but would like to have HS either control it directly.. or via the bryant website...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
          Just had the Bryant version of the Infinity touch installed. (Bryant calls it a "Evolution Connex") Love the thermostat... except for it's integration (or lack thereof) with Homeseer.

Can remotely control it through the bryant website... but would like to have HS either control it directly.. or via the bryant website...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
          If we can work out the rest of the RS485 protocol the devices use to talk to each other then HomeSeer or any other home automation product should be able to work with it. There is a github project currently open called Infinitude to emulate Carrier's web service (https://github.com/nebulous/infinitude/) and I'm betting it would work with the Bryant models as well. I'd love for anyone to test it and help me improve the code.

In parallel we're also documenting the rs485 protocol on the Infinitude Wiki and I'd love to get some logs from any Bryant systems for comparison's sake.

Comment

Working...
          X