No announcement yet.

Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to control a Z-Wave device from HS3 via HS2?

No real biggie, but I noticed that your devices are built w/ status only.

Thanks again.
    Don

Comment

No. As you can imagine, it would be very difficult to understand what control buttons are actually doing with each plugin.

You could write something yourself by sending parameters via the script call method and using the Capi interface in HS3.
      Jon

Comment

Might be a plan. Or I could just bite the bullet and move my Z-wave stuff over. It was a major disaster last time I tried it.
        Don

Comment

Jon,

Very handy system! Thank you for putting it together. Rich and I have been talking about doing something like this but now it seems it is not needed as you have done a nice one here.

Are you checking for device changes on the mirrored devices using a timer/thread or by the HSEvent notifications?

One request - the date/time of the devices I have mirrored to test with is constantly updating. Is it possible to check the value/status/string to see if it changed before applying it? Otherwise, setting the device to the same value/status/string still updates the date/time.

Thanks
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,

It checks using a timer thread on device status/value/string/Capi image & Capi text.

Try this undocumented feature which may resolve the updating issue. Modify parm 3 in HS2Devices.txt (same for HS3Devices.txt) and add a + character after the number i.e. 0+
            Jon

Comment

Hey Jon:

Some advice please? I am trying to pull data from your motherboard monitoring script on HS2 to HS3.

What setting do I need to get the text part to show up?
              Attached Files
              Don

Comment

I don't really know Don. I know that I used to use the Homeseer 2 stylesheets in virtual devices and it could be that the foreground and background colors have been set the same in HS3. It could also be poor html coding in my part as this script is really old.
                Jon

Comment

Got it. Just imported the \images\speedfan directory.

Don

Comment

Hi Jon00,

Just wondering if I could use this tool to mirror HS2 devices to HS3, but then also mirror back from HS3 to HS2.

My application is that my HS2 system is the one that has the motion sensors, X10 and all of the base functions of my system, but over time I want to start moving more and more towards HS3. To do this I wanted to mirror the devices (e.g. lights) into HS3 so that it can track what their statuses are (e.g. ON / OFF) and I can use that for event triggers, then also be able to control the virtual devices in HS3 and have it control the device in HS2 (e.g. by turning on the light virtual device in HS3 it turns it on in HS2, however if the device status updates in HS2 (e.g. through polling) then the device would be updated in HS3).

Is something like that possible, and if so do I just create entries in the HS2 folder to send the devices to HS3, and in HS3 create the same thing to send the respective devices back to HS2?

Thanks!
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

No, that is not possible as you would get a cyclic effect with HS2 & HS3 devices trying to update each other. You can mirror back, provided you use a different device code in HS2.
                      Jon

Comment

jon00,
                        I'm in the slow process (15 minutes a day) of installing and configuring this connector to eventually allow me to migrate to a HS3 HSTouch application that has 2xHS2 and 1xHS3 setup. I really appreciate this as an option.

That said, how can I configure things like this:

HS2-1 (original install and main work-horse) on PC-1
                        HS2-2 (moving work from HS2-1 to HS2-2 for plug-ins not yet available on HS3) on PC-2
                        HS3 on PC-2

with HS3 on PC-2 updating unique device codes from HS2-1 & HS2-2.

I would also like all running HS systems to know about their peers and whether they are running or offline and set a unique device code that basically says, Connection_to_HSx-n is OK/NOT OK.

All this possible now?
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Yes, that is possible:

On PC-1 , install both the HS2 and HS3 clients so that HS2-1 can communicate with HS3. To communicate events/scripts from HS2-1 to HS3 and vice-versa you use the global variable jon00gw as per the instructions.

On PC-2, install another copy of the HS2 and HS3 clients. In the HS2Settings.txt and HS3Settings.txt, add the following entries:

PortA=58192
                          PortB=58193
                          ClientNo=1

This will enable HS2-2 to communicate with HS3 at the same time.

To communicate events/scripts from HS2-2 to HS3 and vice-versa you use the global variable jon00gw1 as per the instructions.

There is no direct method to check connectivity, however you could send a heartbeat (via HS2 recurring event to trigger a HS3 event/script) which would reset a homeseer 3 counter. If it fails to reset due to connection/HS2 failure, that counter, when it reaches a set value would be used to set a HS3 device to show NOT OK.
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00, that is what i was not sure about. If I would create an infinite loop I am not too far off doing the change, so will wait and see what happens. In reality it is mainly only a few little things which is holding me from doing the full change over from HS2 to HS3, so maybe i can just use the event feature instead.

Cheers.
                            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Thanks jon00 for the help. I got HS2 on PC-1 (my work-horse) delivering status updates to HS3 on PC-2 after reversing my client usage (I had them backwards).

I had to shut down HS2 and upon restart, I had to stop and restart the gateway. That said, perhaps having the gateway create an event that runs at startup to launch itself? That would make sense for anyone who wants to shutdown HS without rebooting and not having to think about the gateway.

Now, what I want is to CONTROL from HS3 to HS2 those devices I've mirrored the status updates to using HSTouch.

Suggestions on how to do that for a few key devices? I'm looking at it and coming up empty.

My ultimate goal is to use HSTouch pointing to HS3 (which is VERY fast) and have it control the devices on HS2 without having to actually change my screens!

Yeah, eventually I'll move all the HS2 hardware and plug-ins to HS3, but that may be months away. HS2 HSTouch connectivity is crap and times out more often than not. HS3 HSTouch is flawless and fast.

Which one you think will give me higher WAF?
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I'll have to do some testing but the HS2 client should auto connect. It does here.

The only tools you have is to use HS2 events to trigger on device value on the mirrored devices.

With more work using scripting, it is possible to run a HS2 script (with parameters) via the HS3 client and use that to send control functions via the parameter.
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X