Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Furious View Post
    Just dropped by to say a MASSIVE thank you for this.
    I was a bit wary of the move to HS3 as my IRtrans still has no plugin yet, but you've saved the day.
    You've made this really easy too - I can't get over the fact that I have IR commands firing from HS3 to HS2 literally in 5 minutes.

BTW, i did put this off for a while, as I didn't really get that you can run both in parallel on the same PC - or that the "mirroring" wasn't like everything at once, it's only the devices you choose, and then it has to be done manually in a file.

For those sitting on the fence waiting for plugins, stop getting splinters and use this connector.
    Thanks very much!
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
      Dear all

To startoff im migrating to hs3. I use jon00 gateway to get the status of my visonic alarm and sensors. THis works great

However i also want to arm and disarm the panel from hs3 in hs2, the visonic plugin provides a device with 3 buttons to arm, disarm and arm home. These are not accesible in the events. i tried to control the device value/ status from an event, But no luck. Is there a way to control this devices buttons by a script or another way from a hs2 event

Firing an script in hs2 from hs3 works fine.

The plugin is not open source and will not be upgraded to h3.

Regards bart
      I've just sent you a new version to try which allows direct control of HS2 devices from HS3 (but not the other way unfortunately). Hopefully this will make this even more useful for people running older plugins.
      Jon

Comment

Is this on your website?
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          I've just sent you a new version to try which allows direct control of HS2 devices from HS3 (but not the other way unfortunately). Hopefully this will make this even more useful for people running older plugins.
          Oh wow, this would be really awesome
          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            Is this on your website?
            No, not yet, I wanted to have it tested by others before I release the update.
            Jon

Comment

We are still working on this, Jon keep up the great work, hopefully we get it working

thanks

Bart
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Update: Things now seem to be working....just a bit more testing required!
                Jon

Comment

I've now updated the HS2 client so that you can control Homeseer 2 devices from Homeseer 3 (not the other way around unfortunately).

If you are running V1.0.3, you just need to replace the Jon00HS2Gateway.exe client and the Jon00HS2Gateway.vben script. The docs have been updated but here is a quick guide:

Stop the HS2 Client and replace with the supplied version.

Replace the script in your HS2 scripts directory.

Restart the client.

Right click on the HS2 client system tray icon and select setup from the menu.

Look in the Homeseer log and you should see 'setup started' and 'setup completed'

Finally go to Homeseer 3. Send the following via the Global variable jon00GW:

control <hs2 device code> <exact button text>

(that is the word 'control' then a space then the hs2 device code you want to control then a space then the exact text on the control button)

i.e.

control D3 On

or

control [1 Arm Home

All button detected are stored in the Jon00HS2Gateway.ini so you can see what can be controlled.

It has been tested by 3 people now and appears to work OK. Let me know if it works OK for you.
                  Jon

Comment

Jon00, Thanks for the great work as always.

maybe a small remark; before running setup please select in HS2 ALL floors and ALL Rooms

regards

Bart
                    Regards Bart
                    HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector

Jon, I've spent quite a lot of time trying to get the HS2-HS3 connector to work. So far, no luck. I have several questions:
                      1. Do the port numbers for HS2 and HS3 need to be included as part of the IP address in settings?
                      2. Do the log entries "ready" occur only when both clients are running correctly? Or do they occur independently when each client is started.
                      3. Is it necessary to restart Windows, HS2, HS3, and the clients after installation. Is the sequence important?
                      4. If you shut down a client, will it restart properly by simply clicking on the shortcut.

If I could get the connector working, I would quickly know these answers. But I am trouble shooting at this point.

Here is a bit of background about my setup. Firstly, I am currently using Michael McSharry's xAP HS3 to HS2 interplay plugin. It is working well but I have always had trouble keeping the HS2 plugin alive. I restart every 3 days. XAP on HS3 however is much more stable. So ultimately I will fully transition xAP to HS3.

There has been a lot of good feedback about your HS3 -HS2 connector so I thought I would give it a try.

I have HS2 pro running on a dedicated win XP pro machine ( machine A). I have HS3 pro running on a win 7 core 3 desktop ( machine B) and also a Acer Netbook with an atom processor running WinXP home (machine C). I would like to get your connector to connect machine A and C. I use machine B as a test machine and as a remote console for the Netbook.

I have tried several combinations of your connector with A to B and A to C.
                      I believe there may be a firewall issue but I am unable to get anything working even with all the firewalls off.

There may also be a port conflict because I am using many ports for the xAP clients as well as for my security cameras.

Is there an easy way for me to test ports 8737 and 10400 to see if they are available?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

My initial problem with the connector was I had the wrong client running on the wrong HS system.

Once I switched which client ran on which HS#, things went as per instructions.

Start without adding any devices to get it working, in case you went for broke from the start
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                          Jon, I've spent quite a lot of time trying to get the HS2-HS3 connector to work. So far, no luck. I have several questions:
                          1. Do the port numbers for HS2 and HS3 need to be included as part of the IP address in settings?

No

2. Do the log entries "ready" occur only when both clients are running correctly? Or do they occur independently when each client is started.

Yes

3. Is it necessary to restart Windows, HS2, HS3, and the clients after installation. Is the sequence important?

No

4. If you shut down a client, will it restart properly by simply clicking on the shortcut.

Yes

If I could get the connector working, I would quickly know these answers. But I am trouble shooting at this point.

Here is a bit of background about my setup. Firstly, I am currently using Michael McSharry's xAP HS3 to HS2 interplay plugin. It is working well but I have always had trouble keeping the HS2 plugin alive. I restart every 3 days. XAP on HS3 however is much more stable. So ultimately I will fully transition xAP to HS3.

There has been a lot of good feedback about your HS3 -HS2 connector so I thought I would give it a try.

I have HS2 pro running on a dedicated win XP pro machine ( machine A). I have HS3 pro running on a win 7 core 3 desktop ( machine B) and also a Acer Netbook with an atom processor running WinXP home (machine C). I would like to get your connector to connect machine A and C. I use machine B as a test machine and as a remote console for the Netbook.

I have tried several combinations of your connector with A to B and A to C.
                          I believe there may be a firewall issue but I am unable to get anything working even with all the firewalls off.

There may also be a port conflict because I am using many ports for the xAP clients as well as for my security cameras.

Is there an easy way for me to test ports 8737 and 10400 to see if they are available?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve Q

Steve, if you are having issues, install the HS3 client on the HS3 PC and the HS2 client on the HS2 PC.

In HS3 make sure you have the default/default account enabled.

If your HS3 PC IP address is 192.168.1.100 and your HS2 PC IP Address is 192.168.1.200, you would use the following settings:

HS2Settings.txt in HS2Client directory

hs2username=default (or your own account name)
                          hs2password=default (or your own account password)
                          hs2hostadd=192.168.1.200
                          hs3clientadd=192.168.1.100

HS3Settings.txt in HS3Client directory

hs3hostadd=192.168.1.100
                          hs2clientadd=192.168.1.200

Save the settings before running the client.

When you run each client, it will make its own connection to the respective Homeseer version.
                          Jon

Comment

In adition: to test ports use telnet in cmd window
                            Regards Bart
                            HSPRO 3.

Comment

Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 Connector

Thanks, I got it working by turning off the firewall and antivirus protection on both computers. After multiple attempts I was able to configure the firewalls and antivirus software to allow jon00HS2gateway.exe and Jon00HS3gateway.exe to run on each computer. I am using the Norton security suite on all my computers. It was convinced the gateway clients were a virus. This is the first time I have had to "exclude" a suspected virus.

Now I have to spend some time configuring the HS3 devices.

Jon thanks for the great software!

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Jon, Outstanding!!! This is really great! It took me only a few minutes to mirror 4 devices from HS2 to HS3. Screen shot attached. It is much, much easier than using the xAP method. The ability to add devices while the clients are running is really great because you can see them appear in HS3 immediately.

This is a "must have" for anyone transitioning from HS2 to HS3!!

Thanks for the Christmas present.
                                Santa will be good to you!

Merry Christmas,
                                Steve Q
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Steve Q; December 18, 2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X