Exception in Find_Create_Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been getting this error about hourly as long as I've been using your plugin:
    Exception in Find_Create_Devices/Find: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

But this morning I find my log is full of these. I have six thermostats under control of this plugin. I Disabled and Reenabled the plugin, but they came right back almost immediately. Is there an INI file I can edit or something, or do I have to delete and re-add all the thermostats (and associated events)?

Originally posted by KurtLutterman View Post
    I have been getting this error about hourly as long as I've been using your plugin:
    Exception in Find_Create_Devices/Find: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

But this morning I find my log is full of these. I have six thermostats under control of this plugin. I Disabled and Reenabled the plugin, but they came right back almost immediately. Is there an INI file I can edit or something, or do I have to delete and re-add all the thermostats (and associated events)?
    Thanks for the bug report. Let me get to the bottom of this and get an update for you.

Comment

How many thermostats do you really have? Is it creating duplicate thermostats?

Comment

I really have six. The plugin created six sets of devices.

Comment

I really have six. The plugin created six sets of devices.
          So you have the right ammount of devices created, but you're just getting this error?

Comment

Correct.

Some background on me. I've been programming since the 70's, starting with FORTRAN punch cards. So let's assume that what I say is correct, and what I don't say is working as expected.

So back to the question, is there a Debug Log, INI file, PluginExtraData or some other technical data "behind the scenes" that I can get at to help you troubleshoot?

Update: After having the plugin disabled for three days, this morning I've turned it back on. I had manually deleted one of the six sets of devices, and the plugin correctly found and re-created that set of devices. I have not seen the original error, but I now have the same error in a different routine:
            Calling SetIOMulti in plugin RadioThermostat:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Eric, Any update?

Thanks,
              Kurt

Comment

Hi Eric, Any update?

Thanks,
                Kurt
                Sorry, been swamped with work lately. I'll take a look as soon as I can come up for air.

Comment

Never mind ... I purchased Z-Wave+ U-SNAPs for my thermostats for $19 each.

Comment

Any update here? I am getting the following error:

Comment

Originally posted by mmagri View Post
                      Any update here? I am getting the following error:

Sorry, totally lost track of this thread. I'll look into this when I get up in the morning.

Comment

This should be corrected now as of 1.0.16295.69

Comment

New error message

Thanks! Updated, but now showing this error.

RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()

Comment

Originally posted by mmagri View Post
                            Thanks! Updated, but now showing this error.

RadioThermostat Error Exception in UpdateThermostats: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_RadioThermostat.Util.UpdateThermostats()
                            Try deleting your thermostat objects and letting it rediscover them.

Comment

Thermostat Off

Still having issues ... after deleting objects and trying creating them manually, my devices shows offline.

Thanks,

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X