Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JowiHue Beta 1.0.6.11 (Philips Hue Bridge V2 (Homekit))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Beta 1.0.6.11 (Philips Hue Bridge V2 (Homekit))

Philips has delivered a new version of the Philips Hue bridge. The main difference with the old bridge is that the new bridge is enabled for Apples HomeKit. It seems the normal API will stay the same on brth bridges, so there should be no need to jump to the new version bridge right away. With the new version of the bridge Philips added a possibility to move the data from the old bridge to the new bridge. It is because of this function this plugin is in beta. The adjustment made in the plugin is that it can recognise that data has been moved between bridges and it will attempt to adjust all known devices accordingly. An extr is that because of this change the plugin can also survive a reset of the bridge and reimport of the devices. Als in this case the plugin will adjust all needed settings in the devices and keep scenes and events intact.

Who should join in this beta test?
    • Anyone who wants to start using this plugin with the new bridges
    • Anyone planning to move from the old bridge to the new bridge. !!! Please read on for the steps to take !!!
    • Also if you still have the 'old' bridge you can join in. The plugin should function as usual, without any issues.
    • If you are a Linux user. There seem to be memory issues for some, not for others in Linux. Still trying to find thos differences....

And please, when trying to test moving the bridge or the reset, have a backup of both Homeseer and Jowi databases. It is in the data directory of you your installation.

What is new in the plugin
    1. adding support for the new bridge
    2. enabling moving lights, sensors, groups and rules between bridges
    3. reviving lights and scenes from a reset on a bridge
    4. added support for new models of lights
    5. better use of the gamut (color) correction needed for the different types of lights
    6. Added support for the new Philips dimmer switch
    7. Corrected an issue where the refreshrate would not save after changing the value

What to do?

If you have an 'old' version of the bridge.
    1. nothing special. The plugin should do its work like normal

if you have a new bridge and start fresh with this bridge
    1. Start like normal, follow the usage guide if needed (<install dir of HS3>\docs\JowiHue)

If you are moving data from the old bridge to the new version bridge with the Philips Hue app, there is a bit more work to be done. And it is the reason to start this as beta.

If you find any issues in the beta, please reply in this thread. I will keep this post updated with progress.

Beta 1.0.6.7
    Corrected an issue with unreachable status of the bridges

Beta 1.0.6.8

- Redesigned the status updates for light and sensors. Response should be a bit snappier when updating status of devices. Especially when you use more then one bridge you should a very noticible change in the speed of updating devices. Bridges are now handled simultanious instead of one after the other.
    - With the redesign I am hoping to have beat thee issue with memory usage in Linux.
    - it is now possible to force the plugin to check an IP for presence of a bridge. If it is present, it will enable registration of the bridge.

Beta 1.0.6.9

- Corrected a bridge issue that started in previous beta regarding unreachable status of the bridge (ping)
    - Corrected a situation where the beta would generate errors if a light was removed from the bridge
    - Changed the off command for Lightyfy GU10 lights to work around an issue where the light would not be set to off correctly
    - -Touchlink procedure has been adjusted to API 1.10
    - Enabled support for the Dimmer Switch of Philips (creating device and viewing the configured actions)

Beta 1.0.6.10

- Corrected a bridge issue that started with the previous beta, where a bridge could not be found anymore.
    - added an option to the configuration page to remove the colorpicker controls. Having many lights with colorpicker control can slow down the deviceutility page considerable. Removing this control through the configuration page regains normal speed for the page again.
    - Complete support for the Dimmer Switch of Philips
    - additional adjustments to support API 1.11 changes

Beta 1.0.6.11

This is the release candidate, so please let me know if you are seeing issues?

- Corrected a regulary restart of the plugin when using multiple bridges. This should not occur anymore
    - additional adjustments to support API 1.11 changes, especially on property - pages of lights, groups annd bridges
    - Improved the bridge discovery.

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; December 16, 2015, 04:33 PM. Reason: Releasing new beta 1.0.6.11
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

I have an old bridge that was never used on the Jowihue plugin. I migrated from bridge 1.0 to bridge 2.0 via the Hue app. I installed the updated plugin today and synced with the bridge. However after a while it's showing all the lights un reachable. Is there something more I should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
      I have an old bridge that was never used on the Jowihue plugin. I migrated from bridge 1.0 to bridge 2.0 via the Hue app. I installed the updated plugin today and synced with the bridge. However after a while it's showing all the lights un reachable. Is there something more I should do.

dbmet,

did the old bridge hold light info? and were the same devices already known in HS3? In that case you should see information in the log regarding the move. Could you post these? Also, did you switch off the old device or better, reset it? You will really see trouble if both old and new bridge are reachable at the same time.
      I have seen that devices became unreachable after the move, but I thought I repaired it.
      In situations where devices became unreachable, I did restart the plugin and all devices were coming back again.

Let me know?

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

The old bridge did hold light information and was only used with the hue app. The old device has been reset and switched off for a while. I restarted the plugin twice with same thing. I'll look for the logs when I get home.

Comment

I'm not sure how to download the log information to you. I'm new to Homeseer. I did look at the log and it shows the bridge disconnecting a lot..I can cut and paste the log but not sure if that will help you ..

daryl

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          dbmet,

did the old bridge hold light info? and were the same devices already known in HS3? In that case you should see information in the log regarding the move. Could you post these? Also, did you switch off the old device or better, reset it? You will really see trouble if both old and new bridge are reachable at the same time.
          I have seen that devices became unreachable after the move, but I thought I repaired it.
          In situations where devices became unreachable, I did restart the plugin and all devices were coming back again.

Let me know?

Wim

Comment

I switched my homeseer box from wifi to Ethernet and haven't seen the disconnects yet or the unreachable status yet. I'll post back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

dbmet,

Homeseer and this plugin can be quite demanding on the network. Indeed a wireless connection might have to much interference to be reliable for polling, what the plugin is doing. I would sure advise for a direct connection to the LAN.

I forgot to mention that if the bridge is not reachable, the plugin is now also setting all lights from that bridge to unreachable. It is relly ment to prevent confusion if lights are not responding because of the bridge being unavailable.
              Before this version only the bridge would be shown as unreachable.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Nothing in the logs this morning about disconnects or unreachable lights. Thanks for the great plugin.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you!

Basically, you now have the new bridge and it is working as it should do
                  I am still hoping that someone will be brave and perform the steps for the move with the plugin.... if that is ok also I will finialise the release of the plugin, will need a few days for that one.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

I hope someone can be the trial person for you. Sorry I jumped the gun and couldn't test that part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wim,

I have an couple years old setup with the original 3 lights and the white circle with blue lights? (I guess that's the bridge)

What will this setup be able to do for me if I buy a new bridge? (I don't see much info of potentials of this setup)

I currently DO NOT have and VR setup but I would like to use "hey siri" to turn on lights at some point. I have iphones and ipads around the house, so that would be easy. Have also though of buying new AppleTV if that makes it work.

I would buy a new bridge/bulbs (could use more anyway) and test this if:
                      1. Old bridge could still be used for bulbs at other end of house ( I don't have enough bulbs to reach some if I place where I would use them)
                      2. My iphone or ipad could be used for voice input to system
                      3. And if it didn't require scripting or anything too complicated

Comment

Jim,

The white circle is the bridge indeed, in the new version it will be square.

The new bridge enables Homekit for Apple devices, and therefore also Siri commands. On functionality for controling sensors and lights, it will have the same functions as the old bridge, so not much new in that area.

But to be honest, I already told that in another thread, the homebridge project is enabling siri already for the old bridge (search for homebridge on the forums). So if the only reason would be using Siri, you could look into the homebridge subject first.

But you also needed a new bridge maybe to reach the outer parts of your house. A second bridge might be handy when you cannot have a couple of lights helping your bridge to the other side. Each light comunicates with others nearby, passing on commands like zwave. Having a string of lights 5 to 7 meters apart of each other, could bring you to the fences....

1. If you replace the old bridge with the new one, you can still use the old, after the reset had been done. Reset is very necessary!
                        2. If you have siri and activated the homekit function with the Philips Hue app, then you can use any siri enabled (apple) device. You might need a app on the devices - I am using the free MyTouchHome app for that.
                        3. Scripting should not be needed, unless you want to reach the corners of the plugin.

You only need this new version of the plugin if you want to use the new bridge and maybe the new functionality or resetting or gamut correction, both not really sensational new functions bot more will follow. Homekit functionality is just part of the bridge and apple device. You do not need the plugin for that.

Last but not least, I am not telling you to buy new stuff But testers are welcome!

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

New Bridge

I have not used this plugin till today.... I have the new bridge( it works fine with the HUE IOS App) This plugin in does not discover the bridge?

Any help would be great.

Comment

Jayh391

I suppose you are running the plugin on Windows and are running this beta? In that case, when you started the plugin for the first time a popup should have come asking to alllow the plugin through the firewall. Did you see this and did you allow it?

If you are not sure, just disable the windows firewall shortly and start the plugin, If it finds the bridge you will have to allow the plugin on the firewall. Then it should find any bridge on your network.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

No hub

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Jayh391

I suppose you are running the plugin on Windows and are running this beta? In that case, when you started the plugin for the first time a popup should have come asking to alllow the plugin through the firewall. Did you see this and did you allow it?

If you are not sure, just disable the windows firewall shortly and start the plugin, If it finds the bridge you will have to allow the plugin on the firewall. Then it should find any bridge on your network.

Wim

Wim

It did ask me and I let it through. Just for grins I turned off the firewall..... Still no luck.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X