This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
    I've been testing the beta. It works great, but there is one issue that is causing me a little trouble. When I cast pandora from my phone, the chromecast addon on picks it up immediately, but if I disconnect the stream from my phone, the addon still thinks that the song is still present and playing. It just hangs in the playing state.

Probably wouldn't be an issue, but I'm using the state change to "playing" to turn on my amps. Since the addon can hang in the "playing" state, my amp turn-on routine isn't too reliable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Any chance someone has an idea this issue? It seems that when the plug-in is stuck in the "playing" state and my devices are no longer connected, I'm not even able to manually change the chromecast state to stop.

The only work around that I have now is to trigger based on the track title changing.

Comment

Any chance someone has an idea this issue? It seems that when the plug-in is stuck in the "playing" state and my devices are no longer connected, I'm not even able to manually change the chromecast state to stop.

The only work around that I have now is to trigger based on the track title changing.
      do you mean that the track title is correctly reset when you stop the stream on your phone?
      does it happen with other apps too or only with Pandora?

Could you capture some debug logs of the problem?

thanks

Comment

Maybe this picture from just now (10/31) will help. Take notice of the track dates. My cast devices have not been connected in a couple of days, but it's still showing that the song has been paused the whole time.

It normally would be stuck showing "playing", but I had manually changed them to "paused" when troubleshooting.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just noticed the last Chromecast is stuck in the playing state so here's an image.

I am happy to try and capture logs if it would help. Should I just log a connection, play a few tracks, and then just disconnect from my phone? I mostly only use Pandora, but could try and find a couple other streaming apps.

Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

I am happy to try and capture logs if it would help. Should I just log a connection, play a few tracks, and then just disconnect from my phone?
            Yes but make sure you set the log level or file log level to debug before you do the Test.

Also in your screenshots, the Application device shows "None", is it correctly set to Pandora when you start streaming?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Yes but make sure you set the log level or file log level to debug before you do the Test.

Also in your screenshots, the Application device shows "None", is it correctly set to Pandora when you start streaming?
              It seems like that changes to "none" when the device disconnects. Working with my wife remotely to try and get some events for the log.

Comment

Ok, got a log... It's huge, and I'm not sure how to pare down. I tried pulling out a million heartbeat checks, but still too much text to post. I'll share a link to it.

A couple notes:
                1. When we disconnect from Pandora the application changes to none, but the rest of the chromecast data stays present (artist, title, play/paused, etc).
                2. For google play music it is the opposite. The application is still showing "google play music" but the other fields reset and the player is idle.

Chromecast log

Comment

I also have the problem that the status is freezing.
                  I can still start a stream from HS, but status is 'unknown'.
                  When I want to change the status I get this error in the log:
                  Code:
                  Oct-31 21:38:10	 	Chromecast	ERROR System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at Google.Protobuf.ProtoPreconditions.CheckNotNull[T](T value, String name) at Extensions.Api.CastChannel.CastMessage..ctor(String destinationId, String sourceId) at SharpCaster.Models.MessageFactory.StopMedia(String destinationId, Int64 mediaSessionId, Nullable`1 requestId) at SharpCaster.Channels.MediaChannel.d__9.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at SharpCaster.Controllers.BaseMediaController.d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.d__69.MoveNext()
                  Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

I have read the forums some times, and the plugin is great, but is is possible to show information about the stream, to. ex the channel and so on

Comment

First off, I'm really excited by the possibilities your plugin opens up!

I'm trying to have two phrases spoken sequentially at different volumes, but the plugin doesn't seem to honor the "Wait for Speaking to Finish" option.

What happens is that the second "Set Volume" immediately changes the volume never allowing any speech to happen.

Can this be changed or can a device with a "busy" status be created?

See the event below:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Chromcast Plugin Test.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	1192864

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post

I'm trying to have two phrases spoken sequentially at different volumes, but the plugin doesn't seem to honor the "Wait for Speaking to Finish" option.

What happens is that the second "Set Volume" immediately changes the volume never allowing any speech to happen.

Now that I've slept on it I realize that we're working with a speaker proxy here, so there's no way to monitor the proxy's status.

Comment

Ok, got a log... It's huge, and I'm not sure how to pare down. I tried pulling out a million heartbeat checks, but still too much text to post. I'll share a link to it.

A couple notes:
                          1. When we disconnect from Pandora the application changes to none, but the rest of the chromecast data stays present (artist, title, play/paused, etc).
                          2. For google play music it is the opposite. The application is still showing "google play music" but the other fields reset and the player is idle.

Chromecast log
                          thanks for the log
                          please test version 3.0.0.8 available in first post of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                            I also have the problem that the status is freezing.
                            I can still start a stream from HS, but status is 'unknown'.
                            When I want to change the status I get this error in the log:
                            Code:
                            Oct-31 21:38:10	 	Chromecast	ERROR System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at Google.Protobuf.ProtoPreconditions.CheckNotNull[T](T value, String name) at Extensions.Api.CastChannel.CastMessage..ctor(String destinationId, String sourceId) at SharpCaster.Models.MessageFactory.StopMedia(String destinationId, Int64 mediaSessionId, Nullable`1 requestId) at SharpCaster.Channels.MediaChannel.d__9.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at SharpCaster.Controllers.BaseMediaController.d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.d__69.MoveNext()
                            Please test version 3.0.0.8 available in first post of this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Xian View Post
                              I have read the forums some times, and the plugin is great, but is is possible to show information about the stream, to. ex the channel and so on
                              what version of the plugin are you running?
                              In the most recent Beta version (available in first post of this thread), there are some devices for current title, artist, image and application.

see the screenshots in user guide

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post

See the event below:
                                [ATTACH]64171[/ATTACH]
                                You can use the "Status" device to know if the chromecast is busy

I may be be able to make the plugin honor the "Wait for Speaking to Finish" option but it's a little bit challenging, so I may need some time.

In the meantime as a workaround you can insert an explicit Wait action in your event.

Comment

Working...
                                X