Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best LED ceiling can bulbs for HSM 100+ dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all for moving forward, you're moving back.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      That's all for moving forward, you're moving back.
      i know :-).

he said he was on 5.19 and it worked.. so wondered if i tried moving forward....

Comment

Does holding down CTRL while clicking make a difference?

Or better yet, right clicking on the link.
        right click. duh. 30 years in software.... didn't even dawn on me.

Comment

Michael

Comment

@Tomgru - How did you make out with your FW changes?

I can confirm that my switches were delivered with 5.16. At the time, about a month ago I updated to 5.17 and that didn't improve anything so that's when support recommended I go back to 5.14. That's when I regained full dimming control.

I also have one fixture with 5 dimmable LED candelabra bulbs (2w) each. This fixture works perfectly except that when off there is the slightest of glow from the elements, literally less than 1% if there could be such a thing. I left this dimmer on 5.14 because I wanted the dimming capability more than wanting them completely off which the newer FW might fix.

Comment

@Tomgru - How did you make out with your FW changes?

I can confirm that my switches were delivered with 5.16. At the time, about a month ago I updated to 5.17 and that didn't improve anything so that's when support recommended I go back to 5.14. That's when I regained full dimming control.

I also have one fixture with 5 dimmable LED candelabra bulbs (2w) each. This fixture works perfectly except that when off there is the slightest of glow from the elements, literally less than 1% if there could be such a thing. I left this dimmer on 5.14 because I wanted the dimming capability more than wanting them completely off which the newer FW might fix.
              I tried last night..... but it didn't take. Was downloading for an hour+... then stopped. Will try again today... maybe 5.19 as well to see if that works.

Comment

This is the link that support gave me. That way you have it right from the source.

https://homeseer.com/updates3/HSWD100_5_14.hec

Note that you might have to use the replace node feature as it doesn't like going backwards in FW. You may also have to reset the unit as per the instructions after the FW downgrade.

It's worth jumping through hoops since now I have full 1% to 98% control.
                Wow... this thing it nuts now :-) as you may see in the other thread.

where is the reset button? I looked at the instructions, but don't seen anything. Do you mean pull the airgap? that doesn't seem to help, and it won't exclude either.

Comment

Nevermind.... got it to exclude. works now!!!!

Comment

The reset procedure is click ON once. Click ON three times quickly, then click OFF three times quickly. It's in the directions. If you get it right the lights will blink on then off. Piece of cake.

And dims properly as you want, which FW?
                    Last edited by racerfern; December 29, 2017, 06:22 PM. Reason: add

Comment

The reset procedure is click ON once. Click ON three times quickly, then click OFF three times quickly. It's in the directions. If you get it right the lights will blink on then off. Piece of cake.

And dims properly as you want, which FW?
                      Wow... Not in the online directions...

Looks like its working now, but still not dimming past 30%. I sadly just realized I have a mix of Philips and Cree bulbs... Guessing that is a no-no?

Comment

Looks like its working now, but still not dimming past 30%
                        What version of the FW are you on?

Comment

What version of the FW are you on?

Comment

reset instructions on page 2. Same as the piece of paper included with the switch.

http://www.homeseer.com/guides/HS-WD...nual-v1_1a.pdf

Comment

reset instructions on page 2. Same as the piece of paper included with the switch.

https://www.homeseer.com/guides/HS-W...nual-v1_1a.pdf
                              i swear I read that like 9x.... lord. That's what happens when you move too fast to fix something :-(

Thanks.

So what think? I think the problem now is in the different bulbs. as when i dim, one goes out completely (the Philips) before the others. Home Depot is just a mile away :-)

Comment

Hmm, I have to admit that I have all the same type bulbs in each of my setups. I have 5-BR30s on each WD-100 switches in the living room.

The brand was "Energetic Lighting", 2700k dimmable purchased on woot.com.

You can try searching "Energetic Lighting" on Amazon. Or probably go buy more Philips.

For giggles, did you try FW 5.19? But I have to agree/think that the mix of bulbs is a no-no.
                                Last edited by racerfern; December 30, 2017, 02:37 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Working...
                                X