need help getting connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help getting connected

I am moving from a vera system. The alarm worked great with it (when vera worked). So I know the alarm is set up correctly. Since vera was next to the panel and the computer with HS3 is not, I have installed a global cache IP2SL to connect the panel to the network and have VSPE emulating a serial port and connecting to the global cache.

Entering all of the info in the plugin and hitting save, then connect, I get the attached picture. It says disconnect panel, which makes me think it is connected, but it doesn't say NX-8 like in the plugin manual. I also cannot get the verify pin code to work even though I am absolutely sure that it is correct.

I have attached a log file picture. It says that the panel time is synced with HS, which makes me think it is connected.

Trying to 'Get Zone or Partition Info' Does nothing.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
    Attached Files

OK, I downloaded the dl900 software for caddx, and it connects and reads/controls the panel great over the VSPE (COM1) and the IP2SL. So I know now that it has to be the plugin or something not configured correctly either with the NX-584 or the plugin. I have search the forums and found several posts on the correct setting for the 584 and double checked that mine are correct. They were correct, which I expected due to the system working previously with vera.

So unless I am crazy (which is very possible), it seems that the problem must be either in the plugin or HS.

Any insight on where to look next? Thanks!

Comment

Hopefully the plugin author will see this and help. You may also want to send him a pm and ask as well.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did. I'm sure it is something simple.

Comment

Looks like I'm on my own on this?

Comment

Originally posted by victorb17 View Post
            Looks like I'm on my own on this?
            Use a terminal program (hyperterm/putty) on your PC to connect to COM10 and see if there is data coming from the panel (it should be sending something all the time). If not, double check your serial port pin wiring..

Z

Comment

Using the monitoring in VSPE I get stuff like:

When hitting get zone info:

Out to panel .022300254C..022400264E.

In from panel ~... ..@.....~... ..@.....

When using the dl900 I get the attached picture

Seems like the plugin is the issue? I am using a VSPE Splitter for this test so that I am using exactly the same virtual port for both programs. Every setting and path is exactly the same. DL900 works great, plugin does not.
              Attached Files

Comment

Using the monitoring in VSPE I get stuff like:

When hitting get zone info:

Out to panel .022300254C..022400264E.

In from panel ~... ..@.....~... ..@.....

When using the dl900 I get the attached picture

Seems like the plugin is the issue? I am using a VSPE Splitter for this test so that I am using exactly the same virtual port for both programs. Every setting and path is exactly the same. DL900 works great, plugin does not.
                I'm sure the plugin is working, looks more like a baud/communications issue. Looking at the code, it says the plugin defaults to:
                No parity
                8 bits
                No stop bit

Is this what that the NX-584, GC and VSPE are set to?

Z

Comment

yes, i've triple checked.

For stop bit, I only have 1 or 2 as options. It is set to 1.

Comment

yes, i've triple checked.

For stop bit, I only have 1 or 2 as options. It is set to 1.
                    Is your NX-584 setup for binary or ascii protocol?
                    I think the plugin expects ascii but not sure.

Hopefully the PI author will surface shortly.

Z

Comment

It is setup correctly, I don't remember now, but I think ascii.

I have checked recently and found it to be correct.

Comment

It is setup correctly, I don't remember now, but I think ascii.

I have checked recently and found it to be correct.
                        I seems you have configured it all as it should.

Do you use a USB to serial converter ?
                        I have myself and also others experienced that not al of them are working with Caddx, so please try another brand or type.

I cannot think of any other cause.....
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm offering the following information in hopes it can be of some use...

I had a Caddx NX8E in the past and had it connected to HomeSeer's older 1.x version. I distinctly remember having to use the DL900 program and change paramaters in the NX8E to enable the serial port AND enter correct settings so it could communicate with HomeSeer.

I think this information exists on my site and I'll try looking for it and post later if I do find it.

EDIT:

Here you go:
                          http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/3...00#entry245153

Also, if you search on "DL900" in the forums on CocoonTech you will find further information. Also, make sure you have the correct cable/pin-outs as described.

Again, I'm not sure this is specific to your model of Caddx, but I'm hoping this information can be of some use.
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I have it working! I read somewhere that the panel needed to be binary. Then I saw where you said it was correct about ascii and questioned myself. I changed from binary to ascii and it works great!

Thanks!

Comment

I am having similar problem--I can seem to log in and log shows it is setting time and getting panel type (NX8) but the PIN code isn't working. I used DL900 to switch to ASCII, but that didn't help. I verified it 'held' that by closing everythign and then going back in. Other permissions needed?
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X